Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
648f59d91d3fc779945b99833b9e0d72.jpg

3ee67428a9f2ac05395181f39c6107a1.jpg

407f536e99165bbc8d8620417a500e19.jpg

0331fd7132a004ea17b8a25f1a13d3ed.jpg

Biggest watch ever? Yowzers.

I like the idea, but they need to make that a gps watch. You'd think most of the compenents are already in there

Shrink the size of that watch down and you might have a winner!

That watch is rather large

Biggest watch ever? Yowzers.
Yeah, seems like quite a large device to wear on your wrist, would certainly be felt during the swing I'm sure.

Ya, I don't want to feel like (what I assume) a house arrest bracelet would feel like. Do I need to put this on my ankle or wrist? Holy wow that looks big!

I saw some stuff from them on social media the other day and was curious but that is a big watch and would make it hard to wear a fitbit or gps bracelet

So, are we on house arrest or what? It seems really large. I'm sure it must be necessary though to make their product work correctly.

I like the idea of this one,but it's a tad too big for my liking

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Looks like there are sensors similar to arcoss and game golf there as well, wonder what it does

I agree with everyone on the size of the watch, I don't think I would use it no matter what.

I'm very interested in this device. Hope to see some reviews when it becomes available. It looks large in the photo but have to see it live and in person for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was curious enough about this product that I decided to send a few questions in and Gavin of Shot Scope was nice enough to answer them for me. Still some mystery behind the tech but again it's a different setup and as a guy that doesn't use a gps watch would fit my needs. See below

In round editing?
There is no in-round editing as we have built the band to work in the background and not to interact with the golfer. We are looking at a possibility of allowing a golfer to add penalty shots during the round or alternatively they can be added after uploading the data to the app or website.

Demo/Dummy Account?
The team are currently working on getting a demo account online, I am hoping this will be done by the end of February but there is no specific date as yet. It is built but the guys are concentrating on our apps at the moment.

How the putting process and pin location works?
At the moment is extremely unlikely that you will ever miss a shot because of how we collect the data during the round. For putting at the end of each hole you can click a button to map the pin location this also doubles as a number of putts button (you have 5 buttons to choose from for 0-4 putts and all map the pin location) therefore we know how many putts to look for and can work this out for the golfer.

How small the club tags are compared to competitors
The tags are smaller than our competitors. There are no batteries required as they are passive tags. A golfer will receive 20 tags so you have a number of spares.

Why not add a gps interface?
Golfers need to realize that we are at the forefront of technology in producing a band which takes away the requirement of manual tagging or using a phone and this issue requires a lot of battery power. Unfortunately adding a screen and the extra processing power for gps data would mean that the wristband wouldn’t last long enough. These are challenges our team can overcome but this will take significant time.

When given a scenario of taking a practice swing with an 8 iron and changing clubs before the shot to a 7 iron, how does the system handle it?
The data will show you hit a 7 iron, if the system is unsure it will notify you when you upload your information and query whether it was an 8 iron or a 7 iron. I am actually out playing with Shot Scope tomorrow so will replicate that for our guys to double check.

For me his answers were very helpful. Some conclusions I drew:
Users will definitely have to keep their score info to compare to the data when it's uploaded because of the lack of in round editing
Sounds like a gps interface was something they wanted but the tech just isn't capable yet
I personally love the interface for pin location and putt counting. It's one step no matter how many putts it takes and as a strokes gained putting tracker this matches my needs
I still really need to see the dummy account and some real world data on how accurate the system is before I completely buy in. A little worried that each round would require my scorecard and recall to make sure the data is accurate.

And thanks to Gavin for the info

Nice info P.J. Thanks for the update. I'm very curious about this. Looks like there will still be a need for a gps device to tag along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an interesting idea, but if you're doing it for the purpose of not having to use a phone/ tag a device, maybe a slim card that you could slip in your pocket would be better than a bulky watch? I think it's important to see what the back-end system is like when you get home. Don't think it will be persuading me to move away from the Arccos yet.

Looks like Sky golf Linx GT has managed to incorporate the swing tracking into a GPS watch. Supposed to be out in a couple of weeks. Based on previous experience with sky golf I expect it to be buggy but the concept is great. Makes much more sense than a belt tagging system (game golf) or a wrist bracelet that doesn't tell you the distances.

@3leggedpony I was excited when you posted about the Sky golf Linx GT but after some research they still require the golfer to tag before every shot (http://web.skygolf.com/en-GB/node/738) the tagging concept really doesn't interest me I have to say. The reason why Shot Scope interests me so much is because there is no tagging and no phones involved.

@3leggedpony I was excited when you posted about the Sky golf Linx GT but after some research they still require the golfer to tag before every shot (http://web.skygolf.com/en-GB/node/738) the tagging concept really doesn't interest me I have to say. The reason why Shot Scope interests me so much is because there is no tagging and no phones involved.

Yes a shot scope system with a screen to tell you the GPS distances would be pretty much ideal.

Of the alternatives on the market:
Arccos - no tagging but bigger sensors and requires phone in your pocket for GPS
Game Golf - no phone required but requires tagging an ugly red belt sensor.
Skygolf GT2 - same as game golf but at least it's black. Probably buggier though.
Shot scope - no phone needed, no tagging needed, seems odd though wearing a "watch" that doesn't provide any info and takes up space some would use for a GPS.
Skycaddie Linx GT - provides GPS watch functionality, requires tagging but to your wrist rather than belt which is a somewhat more natural motion.

I I think for me the Linx GT is still a better solution than shot scope as the burden of tagging is offset by the provision of GPS info. I can completely see why others would prefer shot scope though, especially those who don't wear GPS watches anyway.

I think that is a fair assessment. I have a laser for distances so its not such a problem for me with Shot Scope, I just don't know how comfortable I would be playing with a wristband on but will wait for some reviews and if they are good will buy a Shot Scope. I know I will forget to tag all the time, if people can remember to tag then I can see how the Linx GT would be appealing. Although Arccos doesn't require tagging the sensors are so heavy, I did an experiment where I tapped coins to the top of my club to the same weight as the sensors and it felt like I had a counter weight grip in. If you buy a Linx GT let me know what its like. Very interest in this market I personally think just about every golfer will be use a performance tracking unit in 5 years.

Back