TP Mills Putter Thread

Nothing feels like a Mills putter.

The handmade Twelve is a tank. I deduced the head weight to be about 365 grams and I confirmed with Craig from T.P. Mills that it is likely a pretty accurate deduction as he said it would likely be in the 360 - 365 range. Used to dislike heavier head weight putters but my feelings on that have changed this year after gaming one in the low 350's range for a couple of months now. That tank puts an incredible roll on the ball and feels sensational doing it.

Will the madness ever stop? I am working on a black ox carbon custom Fleetwood now.... And still have not found the SoftTail I was initially wanting to get.

Will the madness ever stop? I am working on a black ox carbon custom Fleetwood now.... And still have not found the SoftTail I was initially wanting to get.
Working on as in acquiring or ordering?

Working on as in acquiring or ordering?

Acquiring. Can't afford ordering right now. May end up going that route for a SoftTail in the future.

Acquiring. Can't afford ordering right now. May end up going that route for a SoftTail in the future.
I was going to say, good luck with Craig if you order and it's through him. Hope you fair better than I have in the past.

Favorite headshape out there, even more than the mfgp2. Mine is finally refinished after some damage years ago, satin copper plate by Kari. You'll love the shape in hand and at address.

I was going to say, good luck with Craig if you order and it's through him. Hope you fair better than I have in the past.

Favorite headshape out there, even more than the mfgp2. Mine is finally refinished after some damage years ago, satin copper plate by Kari. You'll love the shape in hand and at address.
Craig has been very responsive to me over the past few days. Just general questions so far though.

Craig has been very responsive to me over the past few days. Just general questions so far though.
As I said, hope you have much better luck if you go that way. I'll go no further here, but next time we are at an event buy me a drink and we will talk, I'm not the only one with stories there. Haha

Should be getting a price on my potential T.P. Mills Custom Carbon SoftTail putter next week. Pondering a few more things before I submit the final details tomorrow.

Last edited:
Should be getting a price on my potential T.P. Mills Custom Carbon SoftTail putter next week. Pondering a few more thing before I submit the final details tomorrow.
Good luck dude.

Order has been accepted and will be put into motion soon.

Head - Carbon Steel SoftTail with high toe
Style Neck - Kickback flow neck with 1/2 shaft offset.
Toe Hang - 4:30 (or 1/2) max. Would be ok at 4:00 also.
Alignment - Oval (white paintfill) on top line
Weight - 352 grams
Finish - matte Black Oxide
Face Milling - "Spiderman"
Sole Stamps - Rising sun (pictured attached) on both heel (with gold paint fill) and toe (with Carolina / Light blue paint fill).
Cavity Stamps - whatever David wants. Maybe incorporate the head weight, like several others I have seen in pictures. All paint fill red and white.
Toe Stamps - crosshairs (white paint fill) on sweet spot. Nothing on toe of face.
Length - 34" ungripped
Lie - 68.5 degrees
Grip - red crosshairs
Heel Stamp - would like the circled TP, if possible, in red paint fill and the Mills paint filled in white.

The 2 heel stamps are in remembrance of my parents that both passed away in the last couple of years. The gold rising sun for my mother because of her heart of gold and the Carolina blue for my diehard Tarheel fan and alumni father.

I am shocked, in an excellent way, of the price quote I received for that custom putter. I even added 4 sole stamps to what is listed in the previous post. Was easily expecting to have to pay a couple hundred more. May be ordering a second sooner than I had initially thought!

Just spoke to the man himself, David Mills, about my custom SoftTail. Sounds like the ball will get rolling with it next week and he said he would send me progress pictures which I will post in here. Really looking forward to the whole process of my first custom putter!

Received my Fleetwood today. Looks, feels and rolls great! Spent about an hour tonight getting the length just right and putting on my preferred Lamkin Smooth Pistol grip. Can't wait to roll it once the greens are puttable after being punched and sanded Monday.

Don't suppose you can post a couple of pics of the finished product? Asking for a putter ho.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Don't suppose you can post a couple of pics of the finished product? Asking for a putter ho.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I will put some up tomorrow.

Have been rolling it a lot on my indoor practice green. Feels and rolls incredible! Such a comfortable putter. Glad I held out until a found a carbon model at a great price. Going to wait until I get to use it a time or two outdoors before I decide whether to leave the white flange sight line of paint over it with black.

I'll have one in 2 weeks!!!!! Thanks J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have one in 2 weeks!!!!! Thanks J

You're going to love it.

It was one I swore I'd never let go, luckily Kari took care of me, twice, and its time for it to find a new and happy home.

You're going to love it.

It was one I swore I'd never let go, luckily Kari took care of me, twice, and its time for it to find a new and happy home.

Dude I seriously can't wait to roll it, it's all I've been talking about lately lol. So ridiculously pretty, it's going to roll perfectly for me.
And for those wondering....
317cb14985052f6ed227b3345edff0e9.jpg

Dude I seriously can't wait to roll it, it's all I've been talking about lately lol. So ridiculously pretty, it's going to roll perfectly for me.
And for those wondering....

If mine rolls half as well outdoors as it does indoors, I will be thrilled! Roll that beauty well sir!

If mine rolls half as well outdoors as it does indoors, I will be thrilled! Roll that beauty well sir!

If I can't putt... I definitely won't be able to blame the arrow with this thing

093a156709d0f81390928e4832d8663b.jpg

7af8c19be6111c90faf47964f6834440.jpg

f12c6cd8ffb3e619d9b5cbfdf2eecc20.jpg

8c1aec056fd95b0658abe9ca189e18f9.jpg

Progress pictures of my custom SoftTail
335b7a46a938dca37411aa5737e858aa.jpg

649f6a156195cb918d1f06893e1123a5.jpg

Back