Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

For those of you who have been on a launch monitor and have used this, are you seeing comparable swing and ball speed numbers?

For those of you who have been on a launch monitor and have used this, are you seeing comparable swing and ball speed numbers?

Yes, most definitely. I was on the GC2 10 days ago.

Absolutely.

Yes. While taking lessons last year I was regularly on an outdoor Trackman. I consistently got mid 90's swing speed and smash factors in the high 1.40's with my driver. I'm getting the same numbers from the SC100 now.

My first time using this and with only one club exception the distances were accurate with where the range balls actually went. The lone issue I had was trying to find a spot for my two hybrid which is 17°. That club kept under reporting by a good 15 to 20 yards with where the ball actually went.

No one is saying that it is measuring the distance, the distance is based off of the SS and Ball Speed ratings (which are read via the doppler), combine that with the fact that the club selections are length based (of club) and a baseline of lofts for the clubs. It has never been claimed that the distances are not an from an equation, they are, there are slight discrepancies at times as I discussed in the review but it is extremely minor and impressive for the price of the unit. This is not a full launch monitor, its not 3k+, for what it is the job it does is nothing short of impressive. There will always be some slight issues here and there with tech, thats the nature of technology, particularly new tech.

You know. That might explain some of the wacky readings I've seen. I'm not switching it up when I move clubs. I've just been selecting the 7 iron and kind of leaving it because I don't really care about the stats.

I've been smoking drivers and FWs (for me) where I watch the ball land on or beyond the 200 yard green. I'll look down and see the thing read 170. It's probably because it is measuring the ball speed and applying the 7 iron flight pattern.

Thanks. I'm going to mess around with it next time and see if that makes a difference. This could all be pilot error.

You know. That might explain some of the wacky readings I've seen. I'm not switching it up when I move clubs. I've just been selecting the 7 iron and kind of leaving it because I don't really care about the stats.

I've been smoking drivers and FWs (for me) where I watch the ball land on or beyond the 200 yard green. I'll look down and see the thing read 170. It's probably because it is measuring the ball speed and applying the 7 iron flight pattern.

Thanks. I'm going to mess around with it next time and see if that makes a difference. This could all be pilot error.

Use the remote dude, makes it easy peasy. I clip it to my belt loop, quick and painless.

Use the remote dude, makes it easy peasy. I clip it to my belt loop, quick and painless.

Yeah. I did the first time for about 2 club changes and then just stopped. :D

The more I think about it, the more this has to be it. Mathematically, it HAS to work this way. It also explains some 80 yard 7 iron readings when I had the thing set on a SW. :D

You want to talk about something that will rattle you? Have a monitor tell you that you're 30-50 yards shorter than you know for a fact you are on a course. Then have it do so when you have 1/2 a dozen people standing around watching. Then do that when you're admittedly a slower swing speed player.

My god, I could hardly hit the ball by the end of the first night.

I had a nice range session with this unit tonight. I spent a lot of time in the game mode. It was fun and really made practice so much more interesting.

I should be getting this today, does the machine have to be set up directly behind the ball or can it be a few inches in either direction? I tend to move my ball alot to get a good lie.

Working on some partial wedge shots today at lunch, randomly started thinking about how cool a tool like this would be for all the range time Im putting in.

I should be getting this today, does the machine have to be set up directly behind the ball or can it be a few inches in either direction? I tend to move my ball alot to get a good lie.
I set it up directly behind the ball, but I do believe there is wiggle room of a few inches. It's not something I really paid any attention to the other night.

I commonly end up having mine a handful of inches off to one direction or another.

Working on some partial wedge shots today at lunch, randomly started thinking about how cool a tool like this would be for all the range time Im putting in.
It is cool. Last night in game mode it was just different thinking about particular numbers for partial shots. A sequence in game mode might be something like 43, 55, 51, 60, 67, 85, 62, 95, 40, 78. I had my Pelz chart out and this forced me to adjust to just more / less than designated swings to get the number. In contrast, my favorite range has pins at like 55, 77 and 105 and my usual practice involves hitting a bit long or short and estimating what that means in terms of distance. In addition to reinforcing the stroke through practice I am hopeful this also improves mental game when it comes to scoring by getting used to thinking about flying the ball a specific number.

It is cool. Last night in game mode it was just different thinking about particular numbers for partial shots. A sequence in game mode might be something like 43, 55, 51, 60, 67, 85, 62, 95, 40, 78. I had my Pelz chart out and this forced me to adjust to just more / less than designated swings to get the number. In contrast, my favorite range has pins at like 55, 77 and 105 and my usual practice involves hitting a bit long or short and estimating what that means in terms of distance. In addition to reinforcing the stroke through practice I am hopeful this also improves mental game when it comes to scoring by getting used to thinking about flying the ball a specific number.

That's awesome and fun. Right now I'm struggling with partial swings. I think I'm going back half way but really it's 3/4 and so on and lots of deceleration. Seeing the numbers and some video of my swing at the same time could help

That's awesome and fun. Right now I'm struggling with partial swings. I think I'm going back half way but really it's 3/4 and so on and lots of deceleration. Seeing the numbers and some video of my swing at the same time could help
I think it would really help you in this area. I was seeing that very thing with my alleged 9:00 PW swing. It should be @113 but I was only getting like 95...had to adjust to actually get to the 9:00 position and finish high then starting seeing consistent results in the 112-116 range.

Thanks can't wait to get out to the range.

OK, I'm full on ponder mode of this thing now because of the great sale at RBG. What are you guys seeing for battery life? I'm assuming some rechargables will be needed to avoid spending an extra $200 on batteries? It doesn't have a plug in for indoor use, right?

OK, I'm full on ponder mode of this thing now because of the great sale at RBG. What are you guys seeing for battery life? I'm assuming some rechargables will be needed to avoid spending an extra $200 on batteries? It doesn't have a plug in for indoor use, right?
No plug in. I've had it to the range for two large buckets, and the battery meter has not changed from full.

I'm still on the same batteries from when I initially got it for review. The battery life is really good IMO. But, I will be grabbing some rechargeable a for the sake of ease when they do run down.

Trigger = pulled. Can't wait to try this bad boy out after all the positive comments in this thread.

I think a few guys may be pulling the trigger on this after a little fun on the range this morning.

THP is is just too darn good at what it does best, enlightening me on yet another something "I SIMPLY MUST HAVE". Accepted gadgets4golf's 3rd counter-offer last night, $219.

I think a few guys may be pulling the trigger on this after a little fun on the range this morning.

Thats because its freaking awesome.

THP is is just too darn good at what it does best, enlightening me on yet another something "I SIMPLY MUST HAVE". Accepted gadgets4golf's 3rd counter-offer last night, $219.

Nice! I think you'll enjoy it!

Ya, that would be me. I think one may find its way heading towards my front door later this week. Thanks Cookie. That was interesting and fun. I can definitely see how this can be extremely helpful during range time. Really was glad to get the opportunity to play around with this, this morning.

Back