How bout we lefties check in

heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how many lefties are on the forum..I know we struggle with demo'ing sticks...Walk into Dicks, and our eye's just roam the racks to find a lefty club....My local Dick's had only 5 lefty putters out of I bet a hundred..

How are you lefties finding sticks ??

There are lots on here.
We are working hard to make sure that Club Clash will be available for both dexterities.

I steer towards Goldsmith or Golf Galaxy. They usually have a small wall for lefty clubs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My 5 year-old boys swing lefty for baseball and golf. I didn't think anything of it, until a couple lefties golfers suggested I switch them to righy handed for equipment purposes. As a righty, I never thought about the lefty struggles. Not to mention, who am I going hand down clubs to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't find them.. It is a struggle. I know relatively what works for me, and then I rely on reviews from THP to make my purchasing decisions.

Lefty hear. About 40 minutes north of me is a small shop called Lefties Only Golf Shop that specializes in left-handed clubs. Never bought anything from them but they're just down the road from the indoor simulators which i try to visit a couple times through the winter.

+1... ! We are taking over here in Canada

Nice!

Just wondering how many lefties are on the forum..I know we struggle with demo'ing sticks...Walk into Dicks, and our eye's just roam the racks to find a lefty club....My local Dick's had only 5 lefty putters out of I bet a hundred..

How are you lefties finding sticks ??

I'm a lefty and proud of it :D What I used to do is hit pretty much every demo day within a 25 mile radius, to the point I got to know a lot of the reps and became a demo day groupie, LOL. Out of all the local shops, GG and Golfsmith tend to have the best selection of LH clubs, both new and used. As for putters, Golfsmith tends to have a better selection than most. Demo days are invaluable as they tend to have all the heads and shaft combos so you can really get the hardware nailed down. I spent some time this last few months and ended up replacing my driver, FWW and hybrids. Next on the agenda is replacing my Mizzy Irons.

I have been lucky with finding clubs. One of the Golf Galaxy's near me has a pretty good supply of lefty gear. One of the pros there is left handed. I think that helps.

Hefty Lefty! Love the name. I am a fellow lefty. I hate having this problem with everything in life. Left handed baseball mitts, left handed guns and bows, etc.

I usually go to a big store like golfgalaxy, golfsmith, kingpar, etc. to demo clubs and buy them online. It is annoying though!

Yea, I really have limited options..My local course does have a really nice simulator that I can get accurate data from....I would love to have some Lefty shafts to try out..

Lefty, and proud of it!

Some clubs I would love to have are only available RH, which bums me out, but we can't have it all can we?

Do lefties who play right handed count? I only play right handed due to lack of equipment when I was younger, and now I'm too old/stubborn to switch back again.

Last time I took a golf lesson, there were about 10 others at the range...all of them were left handed. It was a rare sight, even for Canada! But there are more lefties up here - around 30% of Canadian golfers is what I keep hearing.
The golf shops I've checked out in western Canada all have a pretty good selection of left handed stuff, though definitely not as extensive as right handed.

The struggle to find lefty clubs to demo is real. I hate I can never find the clubs I want to hit in LH. It also bums me out sometimes seeing the stuff in the marketplace and how little is ever LH. Proud to be a lefty though. :)

I'm a lefty but belong on the island of misfit toys because I golf right handed.

The struggle to find lefty clubs to demo is real. I hate I can never find the clubs I want to hit in LH. It also bums me out sometimes seeing the stuff in the marketplace and how little is ever LH. Proud to be a lefty though. :)
Yeah, I look in there a lot thinking "why is this not labeled RH", and then realize that since 90% of it is RH, it doesn't make sense to label it.

I play left handed, I've always just order what I want. Try buying size 14 and 15 shoes , you just get use to it

Move to Canada!

Leftie here. I buy a lot of clubs sight unseen. It's hard. I have a whole bag full of clubs that just didn't work out. It's like my own leftie demo bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a lefty but belong on the island of misfit toys because I golf right handed.

You weirdo!

Actually I learned how to play right handed. Looking back I should have stuck with it. I was just so excited to get a junior left handed set that I didn't think of the issues with finding equipment later on. 12 year olds don't think about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone keeps telling me that I'm better off for it and should have a powerful swing since my left/lead side is dominant. I'm still not seeing it...

Lefty here......for past 4yrs I've had a ton of success with local pga tour superstore. ....also global golf has had really nice selection for us.

Back