2014 ESPN Best Ball Majors Challenge/The Masters

Well done to JMatt for the lead on the first day. Think I'm going to change out all of my players for round 2!!

I am pounding cookie and that is all that matters!

I am pounding cookie and that is all that matters!

Hahahaha, tourney is not won on Thursday....but glad to see the target hasn't left my back. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Darn it I forgot to change!

Well done to JMatt for the lead on the first day. Think I'm going to change out all of my players for round 2!!

That didn't last long. I cannot BELIEVE I had a team BOGEY on 4. That just hurts.
Got to make some changes, for sure. Particularly for the guys who aren't around for the weekend.

I finally remembered to change it!

Bubba saved my bacon today

If someone could do a screen capture of the standings, I would appreciate it!

y2epa9ej.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Pretty tight heading into the weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Round three standings:

bestballmasters3_zpsa93f05f2.jpg

Round by round leaders:
Round 1: jmatt (-12)
Round 2: elty (-13)
Round 3: Dtak (-14)

First time for me in the majors challenge, pretty fun little game.

This is my first time in the majors challenge and I think it is a great set up so that you aren't completely out of it by the weekend unlike fantasy leagues if you can only choose golfers for the tournament

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is my first time in the majors challenge and I think it is a great set up so that you aren't completely out of it by the weekend unlike fantasy leagues if you can only choose golfers for the tournament
Yes it's a fun game but sometimes makes watching the coverage a bit frustrating when you see your picks playing badly. Good luck to everyone for the final round.

Yes it's a fun game but sometimes makes watching the coverage a bit frustrating when you see your picks playing badly. Good luck to everyone for the final round.

Or when you decided to change out Joe Blow who is dropping birdies all over the place!

I forgot to revisit my picks last night, and can't remember who I've got, HaHa. I'm probably out of it anyway. I think I had Kuch, but not Spieth.

The best ball idea is awesome. Even if a guy throws up a dud you have others to make up for it(hopefully). Good luck everyone, we need some THP'ers at the tops of ESPN in this thing.

Ah, that happens to you too? I seem to make a habit of putting someone in, take them out at the last minute, then have them do really well - did it yesterday with Jimenez.

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot to change 2 out of the 4, that needs to change the next major!

Well I know there's still some golf to play but I think it's safe to call it, with a stunning -16 on the fourth round and 5 shots clear, looks like mernest81 has clinched this leg of the competition, and is currently tied for 17th position overall. Well done.

Well I know there's still some golf to play but I think it's safe to call it, with a stunning -16 on the fourth round and 5 shots clear, looks like mernest81 has clinched this leg of the competition, and is currently tied for 17th position overall. Well done.

Mernest needs to change his name to his THP name since there is no THP member named Mernest.

Ace on the River/Swengali needs to change, too!

haha tried looking for a Mernest81 early. Got really confused. Deserves a lot of credit for an amazing run.

Back