TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

Is this the 10g you guys are using ?

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262341321486
Looks like it. Here's a pic of the one I put in.
0971f16dc917057a6ae6e1f13ae772d2.jpg

Put this in play today, and have to say the results I am seeing after raising the loft give me hope that I can find a groove with this club.

I slightly changed my setup on the tee as well, a bit further away and slightly opening my stance. Seems to help with not missing on the heel.

Will post up some detailed thoughts this afternoon.

Put this in play today, and have to say the results I am seeing after raising the loft give me hope that I can find a groove with this club.

I slightly changed my setup on the tee as well, a bit further away and slightly opening my stance. Seems to help with not missing on the heel.

Will post up some detailed thoughts this afternoon.

Looking forward to your thoughts now that you have more time with it.

I am interested to hear about the rest of the crews thoughts about when you really get ahold of one and bomb it... Are you seeing distance gains over your current driver? I know there is a lot of talk about the unforgivable-ness of this club, but how about when you pure one...

So far, I have noticed some definite distance gains on well struck shots with mine. I would say 5-10 yards longer than with my 815.

And I know I keep bringing this up, but the sound is so much better in my opinion.

I am interested to hear about the rest of the crews thoughts about when you really get ahold of one and bomb it... Are you seeing distance gains over your current driver? I know there is a lot of talk about the unforgivable-ness of this club, but how about when you pure one...

So far, I have noticed some definite distance gains on well struck shots with mine. I would say 5-10 yards longer than with my 815.

And I know I keep bringing this up, but the sound is so much better in my opinion.

Good question! I've definitely seen some gain of carry over my D200, 915D2, and R15 and it's a lower spin flight with a shallower descent angle so I'm bound to gain some roll as well once the ground around here dries up.
M2 has been a winner in every regard for me so far.

I hit this club well today. Didn't miss many fairways. Nice mid high flight with plenty of distance. Had a few approach shots at 80 yard and under. I missed a few off the toe but as usual very little penalty in distance. I'm starting to see some very consistent results.

The growing pains with the M2 have been frustrating, and changing my setup on the tee box is something that I have done time after time and finding that right set up for me with this driver seems to be key.

Often times, when my swing just isnt there, I will open my stance on the tee box and move my left foot back about 6 inches. Along with that, with the M2, I have stepped back a touch to really try and avoid the heel miss I have seen so much of lately.

On the range and during the round today, this setup seemed to produce better results than I have had since getting this one. I have adjusted the loft up, and I think with opening my stance up a touch and really playing a fade (something that I do anyway), it has allowed me to swing freely and get consistent results on the center of the club face.

My shots are not as high as what I see with my previous driver in the CG Black, but the distance is comparable. Getting them out there in the 240-250 range with a mid flight, going from left to right was pretty consistent today. Setting up for a cut and playing it was predictable. I had a few heel misses on the range, but only one during the round and the results were low and left with pretty horrible results. I am definitely thinking a better fit shaft would really help me here, as I think the stock one I am gaming is just not helping my lower ball flight.

Channeling my inner-Jman here, but the sound of this one is fantastic. Providing a feel when struck well that you know the ball was smashed. TaylorMade did it right in the sound department with this one, and its just fun to hit this one and hear it hit well.

Going to try and hit the range tomorrow afternoon to really work on the driver swing and see if I can get continued good results with the M2.

War,
Do you think that if you could loft up even higher, you would be seeing even more distance?

War,
Do you think that if you could loft up even higher, you would be seeing even more distance?
Without a doubt, while it is more "forgiving" than the SLDR, I think some higher lofted options would be a really good idea. I went from the 10.5* SLDR to the 12* and then the 14*, and the 14* was a really good setup for my game.

I think this one in a higher lofted setup would be quite ideal, in the 13-14* range and without having to adjust the face angle of the stock setup would be nice. I would have to think with a higher launch and trajectory, I could get more distance.

Without a doubt, while it is more "forgiving" than the SLDR, I think some higher lofted options would be a really good idea. I went from the 10.5* SLDR to the 12* and then the 14*, and the 14* was a really good setup for my game.

I think this one in a higher lofted setup would be quite ideal, in the 13-14* range and without having to adjust the face angle of the stock setup would be nice. I would have to think with a higher launch and trajectory, I could get more distance.

You're gaming it at 10.5, if you lofted up, would you change your setup in the woods? ( i know you have the heavenwood in there)

You're gaming it at 10.5, if you lofted up, would you change your setup in the woods? ( i know you have the heavenwood in there)
No, I would not, because lofting up in the Driver in the SLDR did not affect my fairway/hybo setup.

For example, in the MC a few years back, I played a 14* driver AND a 14* Mini Driver.

I hit this on course for 9/18 and on the LM on range after today. Suffice to say, the head will be finding a new home. Same story, different day, and while the sound is phenomenal seeing literally a 45 yard difference on a miss here versus the same exact miss on two other drivers just is too much for me.

I know/fear some will take it as bashing for whatever reason (even though that's couldn't be further from the truth in my job) , so I'll let sleeping dogs lay.

I will say it's confirmed to me that TM needs to evolve their face tech, that to me is a major missing link for them in terms of making certain misses more playable. But that's just me.

Keep it going in here, love reading people's detailed thoughts and findings.

It always fascinates me to read completely different viewpoints on the same head. Some guys in here having astounding success with this head, while others it's just not jiving. Both completely and totally valid, but couldn't be more different.

What a cool game this is! Great thoughts by all, keep em coming.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I hit this on course for 9/18 and on the LM on range after today. Suffice to say, the head will be finding a new home. Same story, different day, and whole the sound is phenomenal seeing literally a 45 yard difference on a miss here versus the same exact miss on two other drivers just is too much for me.

I know/fear some will take it as bashing for whatever reason (even though that's couldn't be further from the truth in my job) , so I'll let sleeping dogs lay.

I will say it's confirmed to me that TM needs to evolve their face tech, that to me is a major missing link for them in terms of making certain misses more playable. But that's just me.

Keep it going in here, love reading people's detailed thoughts and findings.

Jman, I agree 100% with you.. Why force a club when there are so many other performers out there. I am a firm believer on playing whatever works! That's what's fun about golf these days, there is so much good tech out there these days. I don't mind trying them all!

So the last two rounds of golf have proven the M2 to be a very good fit for my swing, and especially for my miss.

I have been struggling with a bit of a sweeping draw and it is entirely a problem with my swing. What is notable is with one exception my misses have all been playable resulting in me being able to recover well and still shoot some lower scores. In fact, my last two rounds I averaged 32% fairways hit, but 67% GIR. The M2 has not only been very forgiving for my current miss and I am not experiencing any yardage loss.

Where this thing still blows my mind is my raw distance with it. I have had multiple 300 yard drives in my previous 3 rounds, but today I had 6 drives over 300+ yards measured via GPS, my longest today being 334 yards. My 7th longest drive was still 290 yards. This thing is an absolute cannon and I can straight murder it.

I need to work on my swing, but I love pulling this thing out. I get there are some people who have not gelled and I get that. The M2 replaced my 816 DBD and while I loved the feel and distance on good swings, it was penal with my miss and I can guarantee that some of the drives I was able to play today would have been unplayable with my DBD. It could be a number of factors such as shaft and setup, but right now the M2 is working for me and it's working so well I have played the best stretch of golf I can remember since putting it in the bag, shooting 4 straight rounds in the low to mid 70s.

You are freaking bombing this one, Fup.

Dang Fup. Good work. I really need to swing one of these.

So the last two rounds of golf have proven the M2 to be a very good fit for my swing, and especially for my miss.

I have been struggling with a bit of a sweeping draw and it is entirely a problem with my swing. What is notable is with one exception my misses have all been playable resulting in me being able to recover well and still shoot some lower scores. In fact, my last two rounds I averaged 32% fairways hit, but 67% GIR. The M2 has not only been very forgiving for my current miss and I am not experiencing any yardage loss.

Where this thing still blows my mind is my raw distance with it. I have had multiple 300 yard drives in my previous 3 rounds, but today I had 6 drives over 300+ yards measured via GPS, my longest today being 334 yards. My 7th longest drive was still 290 yards. This thing is an absolute cannon and I can straight murder it.

I need to work on my swing, but I love pulling this thing out. I get there are some people who have not gelled and I get that. The M2 replaced my 816 DBD and while I loved the feel and distance on good swings, it was penal with my miss and I can guarantee that some of the drives I was able to play today would have been unplayable with my DBD. It could be a number of factors such as shaft and setup, but right now the M2 is working for me and it's working so well I have played the best stretch of golf I can remember since putting it in the bag, shooting 4 straight rounds in the low to mid 70s.

I love reading this! You are absolutely killing the M2!

I've only hit mine now four times at the range, three of those with the RBZ weight instead of lead tape.
This is a huge improvement over my SLDR even with the same shaft (Rouge Silver 60 S).
If I "miss" high/toe or just toe it actually makes me laugh at the results (good-semi long high draw)!
I don't miss on the heel much if at all so I don't know what it does
Scary long, loving' it.

Great info here Fuppy, sounds like you're definitely loving the M2. I'm particularly interested in your feedback and will definitely be demoing one ASAP! Thanks buddy, keep the updates coming!

I hit this club well today. Didn't miss many fairways. Nice mid high flight with plenty of distance. Had a few approach shots at 80 yard and under. I missed a few off the toe but as usual very little penalty in distance. I'm starting to see some very consistent results.

Can you give some more information?

If you were to write a home page review, for this club, what would you say?

Can you talk about the subjective such as looks, sound and feel?
Can you talk about the technology they are marketing and if you think its working as described?
Etc

Good stuff! I haven't tried the m2 yet, but reading this, along with what I have seen with the m1, really makes me want to.

Question: Is the M2 designed to be an alternative to the M1 (e.g. Flyz, Flyz+), or a replacement?

Question: Is the M2 designed to be an alternative to the M1 (e.g. Flyz, Flyz+), or a replacement?
Alternative. It lacks some of the adjustability of the M1 but hits a lower price point.

For those who have hit this, do any of you have experience with the RBZ? I'm playing the Tour head and have had good luck with it, but this one intrigues me. I know technology has raced by me in the driver department and I'm curious what similarity or differences this offers over the RBZ.
My current set up is RBZ Tour 9* set to 10.5 with Fuji Speeder Tour 8.2 X. My flight is mid-trajectory.

Back