THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I don't think there is a change in my mindset. If I win my match (either individual or with a partner) then I have done what I can. I won't grind any more or less if I know the status of the overall match. There shouldn't really be any difference.

IMHO I think one has to be cognizant of both aspects to some degree, depending on format. If it's AS, I think the team aspect is primary while for something like best ball, you would be more self focused during play.

Regardless of format, when one stands over the ball the primary focus should be visualizing and executing the shot at hand. Do the little things and the big things tend to take care of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John said it better than I could have.

You guys are much more manly than me.. I couldn't imagine playing in 40 degree weather, let alone with snow on the ground.

I'm good until about 20 degrees, although my brother and I did play when it dipped down to 15 degrees one January. Even the soft compression balls felt like TopFlight's, but we did get some killer roll in the fairway!

I'm good until about 20 degrees, although my brother and I did play when it dipped down to 15 degrees one January. Even the soft compression balls felt like TopFlight's, but we did get some killer roll in the fairway!

I could not even imagine. I remember playing when it was 43 and I thought I was going to die.

I've been going through the list of hopefuls. Seems I've got a few tough decisions to make in the not so far future.

Then we are all doing or jobs! Still, I don't envy you having to make such tough decisions. In the end, we are all part of the THP family so whatever the outcome, we'll support your decision!

First round: 49/44. Governors Run.

Off to Darlington CC now after a BK run.

You got that right! Some people have really stepped up on our side. Some seemed to have let their enthusiasm drop a bit. Ebbs and flows I guess

Yep, sure does. While I'm still focused on putting my best foot forward to get into the Regional Rivalry, in my case, I just found in a bad way a few days ago that our master shower's diverter has been slowly leaking the last 3 months so now there's mold in my wife's closet. Just spent my time that I would of been practicing and participating on THP the last few days busting out drywall, tearing up carpeting and mold remediation. Finally took a break today to check out THP and will get out for a few hours in the cold to putt and work on wedges.

i admit that this event has made me be more active on THP; which is part of what it is supposed to do. Had a great time playing with lynchburg14 and G$$$ a couple of weeks ago. Make the team or not, I still plan on being at the event and continuing my participation on the forum.

Well, then RR has done partially what it's supposed to do, get those lurking more involved on the THP site. Good to hear that you had a great time playing with lynchburg14 and G$$$!

Well, based on weather projections if I don't get out today it could be a while so I'm going to suck it up-and pray the bay heaters really do work. Been working on some ball striking drills in the basement and want to see if it translates. Question is will I be the only lunatic there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What range are you going to ? I'll be out there in a few...

That's amazing.
Amazing and true!!

Of course he proceeded to smoke a 3 wood about 270 yards that left us about 240 out, I put a 3 wood on the green and we two putted for par (net birdie) not bad considering where we were laying after 1 :D

Played Pilgrims Oak one day in February a few years back- it was 16' at tee time. Went up to 19' and snowed on the back 9. My friend was teeing off using a snow tee!

Nice back half. Keep it going if you can manage it after a BK lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Pilgrims Oak one day in February a few years back- it was 16' at tee time. Went up to 19' and snowed on the back 9. My friend was teeing off using a snow tee!

That's hard core!! I'm not nearly that tough!!

That's hard core!! I'm not nearly that tough!!

TBH - that really wasn't in the top 3 of worst conditions I've played in. It was 0 wind, and when the snow was falling it may have been the most surreal feeling I'd ever had.

Plus - you can say it ( my wife does lol ) - I'm stupid, not tough! When it comes to cold, the wind is the killer. I hate wind!

Well, based on weather projections if I don't get out today it could be a while so I'm going to suck it up-and pray the bay heaters really do work. Been working on some ball striking drills in the basement and want to see if it translates. Question is will I be the only lunatic there.

Well, it did it. Not the brightest move but hey at least most of the wind was blocked. Decent session, but hybrids are misbehaving. Like my 4/7 wood combo, but I have to get hybrid/mid iron figured out.

Well, it did it. Not the brightest move but hey at least most of the wind was blocked. Decent session, but hybrids are misbehaving. Like my 4/7 wood combo, but I have to get hybrid/mid iron figured out.

where did you go?

49/47 for a 96 at DCC. Cold and windy, so its an ok round. Got tired a bit towards the end. 36 is fun but rough. Did both rounds in around 6 hours of playing time though.

where did you go?

Was on a tight schedule so I grabbed the shag bag and went over to a school and hit them. I have several hundred balls in the basement-long story-and picked up most of them.

What range are you going to ? I'll be out there in a few...

Went to a school around the corner with tons of open space. Was tight on time, but still it an hour in.

Here is a question.

How do the hopefuls plan on switching from a Team mentality to a self mentality once you've pushed the peg in the ground on the first tee. Is there a difference in mindset?
I don't see much of a difference. I can only do my part and play my game. If I focus on giving it my best then the mentalities should align for the most part. Outside of my game the "team part" will be about doing whatever I can to bring out the best in my partner.

Man its odd coming from perfect in San Diego to freezing here. Inside putting is on the agenda now.

Here is a question.

How do the hopefuls plan on switching from a Team mentality to a self mentality once you've pushed the peg in the ground on the first tee. Is there a difference in mindset?

I think in events like this the team mentality is the whole event as it should be, I would t change my thinking in any way.

There is no right or wrong though

Was on a tight schedule so I grabbed the shag bag and went over to a school and hit them. I have several hundred balls in the basement-long story-and picked up most of them.

What school? We' have to meet sometime since you are in the area

Was at Southampton Middle

Back