Nike RZN Black - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SUPERB DISTANCE
The Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls are tour-level balls designed with Speedlock Technology that optimizes energy transfer for faster ball speed and longer drive distance.

BENEFITS
  • Speedlock Technology optimizes energy transfer for faster ball speed and longer distance
  • Nike Flight Suit Cover Technology features advanced aerodynamics to optimize ball flight
  • Next generation RZN formulation offers a softer feel without compromising distance
  • Urethane cover features micro dimples to enhance spin and control on the greens
  • Redesigned Speedlock mantle engages the cover for more greenside spin

PRODUCT DETAILS
Designed for moderate/higher swing speeds
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/rzn-tour-black-golf-balls/pid-10898665/pgid-11133380

In Hand Photos

0316161246-XL.jpg

0316161246_HDR-XL.jpg

0316161247_HDR-XL.jpg

0316161247a_HDR-XL.jpg

0316161247-XL.jpg

0316161247a-XL.jpg

0316161247b-XL.jpg

0316161248-XL.jpg

0316161248a-XL.jpg

0316161248b-XL.jpg

0316161248d-XL.jpg

0316161249d-XL.jpg

0316161249c-XL.jpg

you can really see those micro dimples on the closeups.

you can really see those micro dimples on the closeups.

which is weird because on a dreary day on course, I didn't even notice them. It took snapping photos with a touch of shadow to really show them off.

which is weird because on a dreary day on course, I didn't even notice them. It took snapping photos with a touch of shadow to really show them off.

this is going to sound like a silly question. How does the cover feel in hand?

Looking forward to this one. I haven't been a fan of any of there golf balls since 2008 time frame. It was the last ball to knock the proV out of the bag. Will follow this for sure.

Looking forward to these as I know you will be putting these through there paces. Like the packaging on these as well. As I am pretty happy and loyal to Bridgestone it will be good to see what other companies are doing related to gold balls.

I'll probably try them. I've generally enjoyed Nike's top line ball.

It's been a while since I've hit one of Nike's higher end offerings. Kind of want to try these out.

I have always liked these balls but were never my go to. But i do like the look of this offering. Interesting to hear your thoughts

the question sounds less silly than the answer I'm sure.

It's got a typical gummy tack that a high end ball would have, but maybe a touch less than some. It's certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

They make decent balls. Looking forward to your review!

One used for over 20 holes, one brand new. I am really impressed with the lack of scuffing although i think I was only in one bunker during that stretch, so hard to say what the sand would do. Most high end balls would have a bit more scuffing if memory serves, and some of the more premium offerings would have yellowed a fair bit more.

9d7b6b31f93a680ecf17425b5405424a.jpg

8c0fc2a78c7fb277e4d8222fe6e43e53.jpg

e7e8a2a8033deb6334df0d474fb7cc7a.jpg

9555c769615d4beec0468d6776fe18cf.jpg

Will be interested in your take on these. I haven't played a nike ball in awhile because other offerings in the higher end were better.

I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this one! Last years "Black" model to me always just felt KILLED off the driver.. not sure what it was but it always just felt solid and like you hit it a mile.

Some pretty cool new tech in this update which will be fun to see how it impacts performance!

Will be interested in your take on these. I haven't played a nike ball in awhile because other offerings in the higher end were better.
I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this one! Last years "Black" model to me always just felt KILLED off the driver.. not sure what it was but it always just felt solid and like you hit it a mile.

Some pretty cool new tech in this update which will be fun to see how it impacts performance!

There's a nice bit of mash off the face bit it's nothing wildly different than most balls I've gamed. As far as I'm concerned, that's more of a reflection on compression than anything else, and will be apples to apples.

I'm not seeing a ton of greenside activity, however my balls are stopping on a dime from anything with a full swing including 190+ yard iron shots that are hanging out in their divot hole.

the question sounds less silly than the answer I'm sure.

It's got a typical gummy tack that a high end ball would have, but maybe a touch less than some. It's certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

Agree with Canadan, I would almost go as far as saying it feels firm.

Any comparisons to last years RZN Black? Hoping it spins a bit more around the greens while maintaining the feel off the driver.

Any comparisons to last years RZN Black? Hoping it spins a bit more around the greens while maintaining the feel off the driver.

Unfortunately I do not have them at my disposal for a comparison.

IIRC the previous rzn black was the highest compression ball on the market? I wonder if they lowered compression any or what it even is for that matter

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

One used for over 20 holes, one brand new. I am really impressed with the lack of scuffing although i think I was only in one bunker during that stretch, so hard to say what the sand would do. Most high end balls would have a bit more scuffing if memory serves, and some of the more premium offerings would have yellowed a fair bit more.

9d7b6b31f93a680ecf17425b5405424a.jpg

8c0fc2a78c7fb277e4d8222fe6e43e53.jpg

e7e8a2a8033deb6334df0d474fb7cc7a.jpg

9555c769615d4beec0468d6776fe18cf.jpg
That's pretty damn impressive.

I love this ball!

[video=youtube;_atrmM-921A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atrmM-921A[/video]

How did the ball perform in regards to the wind?

This is definitely one ball I'll be trying out early this season. Is it me, or are there several new "must try" balls this year? Seems like more than normal. Regardless I can't wait to try the new RZN!

It holds really well, although I setup my clubs to be low-mid flight.

Back