The Photography Thread

For some reason I have never opened this thread up and that has been a big mistake. You guys have a talent, great pictures!

been checking out the Canon T5i the last few days. Anyone use it or have any thoughts on in?

Lots of talent in here, great shots!

been checking out the Canon T5i the last few days. Anyone use it or have any thoughts on in?

It's a very good camera. I started my DSLR shooting with the T1i. If you do get into it read up on the exposure triangle - shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. There is lots of free info on the web about this and it's a key to getting good exposures.

Some from my Africa trip in 2014. We visited Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.

Motherly love
i-QPnf82K-L.jpg

Painted Wolf (Endangered African Wild Dog)
i-qFnqg7x-XL.jpg

Herd of Zebra crossing the Chobe River along the border between Botswana and Namibia (taken from Chobe National Park in Botswana).
i-Ng2QHVk-XL.jpg

Leopard guarding the remains of an impala, a two day old kill.
i-nzkgjQH-XL.jpg

Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River by helicopter:
i-csQnHVL-L.jpg

Best trip I ever took was to South Africa to see the big 5. What a treat!!

d8b0cca7dd8736d8bb4e14d1fd4e031a.jpg

I tested one when we switched from Nikon to Canon (I regret that switch at times).
We use the 70D.

It's a very good camera. I started my DSLR shooting with the T1i. If you do get into it read up on the exposure triangle - shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. There is lots of free info on the web about this and it's a key to getting good exposures.
Thanks. I just did some retakes of photos tonight using my sisters Rebel T3. Without really messing with settings it confirmed that I need to up my camera game.
I tested one when we switched from Nikon to Canon (I regret that switch at times).
We use the 70D.
I keep going back and forth on some Nikon and Canon. I like the fold out screen feature I can get on the T5i as opposed to the fixed option on the SL1. Nikon looking at D5300 and at times the lower model D3300.

I keep going back and forth on some Nikon and Canon. I like the fold out screen feature I can get on the T5i as opposed to the fixed option on the SL1. Nikon looking at D5300 and at times the lower model D3300.

If you work with the settings, you can get that mirrorless to take some killer photos. I definitely suggest working with the education side first before jumping in. Post production can fix most too.

Here's another from the Snowcross races.

IMG_3324-Edit_zpsxppfcumy.jpg

Nice shot! What lens?
edit: that is a nice lens! I can't imagine how big it is though with that kind of zoom range (150 to 600).

Here's another from the Snowcross races.

IMG_3324-Edit_zpsxppfcumy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks Sudseh, here's a quick pic of my 70d with 70-200 f4 beside the Tammy 150-600 zoomed out to 600mm to give you an idea on size.

IMG_0210_zpsk1041glp.jpg

Haha Damn!!!
Thanks Sudseh, here's a quick pic of my 70d with 70-200 f4 beside the Tammy 150-600 zoomed out to 600mm to give you an idea on size.

IMG_0210_zpsk1041glp.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That new Nikon D500 is screaming at me. 4K video in the DSLR body and camrea says yes please.

Hi guys im new to this and my daughter asked for an EOS Rebel from Canon for her birthday and I found one with a zoom lens and a carry bag with some awesome accessories as well. How is this camera is it a good one and what should I be wary of. Got it on the bay for a ridiculous price so im excited for her

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hi guys im new to this and my daughter asked for an EOS Rebel from Canon for her birthday and I found one with a zoom lens and a carry bag with some awesome accessories as well. How is this camera is it a good one and what should I be wary of. Got it on the bay for a ridiculous price so im excited for her

I'm not a Canon user, but from what I know about the Rebel, it seems to be a great first DSLR. Teachers the ins and outs of photography and will let your daughter learn as she goes. I'm a firm believer that the lens is more important than the body. As she gets more into it, Id also look at a 50mm 1.8 lens. Cheap and takes excellent shots.

Sounds great Jcurtis thanks very much

That new Nikon D500 is screaming at me. 4K video in the DSLR body and camrea says yes please.

It's a pretty amazing piece of technology that's for sure. I want one and I don't have anything DX anymore.

Just have to move my other two cameras.
Canon 70D and Sony NXCAM

Both are just awesome machines, so if I am "stuck" with them, its not really a bad thing.

I'm very much considering upgrading.

What price are you wanting for your 70D. I currently have a Rebel xTi.

What price are you wanting for your 70D. I currently have a Rebel xTi.

I honestly have no idea. If it's something you are interested in, send me a PM.

Back