NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm sorry, the fact that it was being compared to the Marchand hit after watching both back to back is absolutely ridiculous.

Why? I guy comes into hit you and you duck and flip him and it was with Deslaurier skating toward the boards. It was dangerous and could have ended badly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It doesn't appear from that view that Crosby was nearly as low as Marchand, I believe Clipping is hitting a player in the knees or lower, and he was more waste level. Looked more like a legal hip check to me. Deslaurier was coming in to hit Crosby, and Crosby ducked to avoid the hit, the player Marchand hit (can't remember who) was simply in Marchand's way, wasn't making any attempt to hit him, and Marchand then went low and took him out. Marchand's hit would have been a penalty regardless of whether he went low or not, most likely interference, and obviously Deslaurier was hitting Crosby.

It COULD possibly be called a Clipping, but no way do I see a suspension. I still think it wasn't even a penalty.

It doesn't appear from that view that Crosby was nearly as low as Marchand, I believe Clipping is hitting a player in the knees or lower, and he was more waste level. Looked more like a legal hip check to me. Deslaurier was coming in to hit Crosby, and Crosby ducked to avoid the hit, the player Marchand hit (can't remember who) was simply in Marchand's way, wasn't making any attempt to hit him, and Marchand then went low and took him out. Marchand's hit would have been a penalty regardless of whether he went low or not, most likely interference, and obviously Deslaurier was hitting Crosby.

It COULD possibly be called a Clipping, but no way do I see a suspension. I still think it wasn't even a penalty.
There was no penalty called. Not sure what the rule is but Deslaurier could have gone head first into the boards with a BS move like that. Crosby was hitting clean all game. Thought that one was dangerous and unnecessary.

There was no penalty called. Not sure what the rule is but Deslaurier could have gone head first into the boards with a BS move like that. Crosby was hitting clean all game. Thought that one was dangerous and unnecessary.

I think the no call was correct, just because he could have been hurt oens't make it a penalty. Don't target smaller players (especially high) if you don't want to run the risk of that happening.

And I'm sorry, the fact that it was being compared to the Marchand hit after watching both back to back is absolutely ridiculous.
Different plays completely but the end result, a player getting flipped on his head, was pretty much the same.

I think the no call was correct, just because he could have been hurt oens't make it a penalty. Don't target smaller players (especially high) if you don't want to run the risk of that happening.
Wake, he was throwing a legal check, who said it was high? No call was probably correct but ducking low like that doesn't show much class to me anyways. I would say the same whether the Sabres were involved or not.

Wake, he was throwing a legal check, who said it was high? No call was probably correct but ducking low like that doesn't show much class to me anyways. I would say the same whether the Sabres were involved or not.

Didn't mean to infer it wasn't legal, but he certainly could have aimed lower giving him a better chance of not flipping.

Didn't mean to infer it wasn't legal, but he certainly could have aimed lower giving him a better chance of not flipping.
I think he was going center mass. Deslaurier plays hard but is not known as dirty. I think what Crosby did was but I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

That is not a major

I hate the double standard with him. The first penalty called on that 5-3 was lame. He pushed him, not a crosscheck, borderline dive. The trip on Legwand was a penalty though.

So, will he get a suspension?...doubtful.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-down--clipping-or-not---video-195952625.html
Crosby flips Deslauriers upside-down: clipping or not?

I gotta say Moose hit the nail on the head.

Why? I guy comes into hit you and you duck and flip him and it was with Deslaurier skating toward the boards. It was dangerous and could have ended badly.

Crosby the talk of this thread... I hate it so much haha

Let's talk about the awesome that is Hockey Day in America

anyone watch the Staduium series with the Wild? How was it.

Beat down dude... So sorry to see the Hawks lose haha

I can't wait to see the Avs play next week. The alumni game will be good as well. Roy is getting in some practice. That dude hates to lose. The current team needs the same emotion.

anyone watch the Staduium series with the Wild? How was it.
A slaughter by the Wild over the Blackhawks 6-1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Glad the Lightning could scratch out an ugly victory over a hungry Carolina team.

This team is so frustrating. Just when I give up on them they get hot again. As soon as I start to think they can make some noise in the playoffs they start to stink on ice again.

Wow, I just realized it is looking like no Canadian teams will make the playoffs. The last, and only, time that happened was in 1970, when there were only two Canadian teams and 8 playoff spots.

Wow, I just realized it is looking like no Canadian teams will make the playoffs. The last, and only, time that happened was in 1970, when there were only two Canadian teams and 8 playoff spots.

There has been a lot of talk about that on the local sports radio. Personally I think it sucks because the exchange rate is awful and player contracts only cover 82 games not the playoffs, the revenue generated in Canadian markets at that time will be desperately needed until our dollar climbs back up. Iam also concerned about the ratings the playoffs will get without a Canadian team in there. A lot of people up here cheer for the home team first then any Canadian team that is in the playoffs. I'm not like that and would rather the Avalanche get a cup over any Canadian team.

There has been a lot of talk about that on the local sports radio. Personally I think it sucks because the exchange rate is awful and player contracts only cover 82 games not the playoffs. Iam also concerned about the ratings the playoffs will get without a Canadian team in there. A lot of people up here cheer for the home team first then any Canadian team that is in the playoffs. I'm not like that and would rather the Avalanche get a cup over any Canadian team.
Yeah I do think it sucks too. It doesn't feel right to not have a Canadian team, although I'm very happy Montreal won't be in it, haha.

Although I would enjoy not having to hear from those few idiot fans who think the teams South of the border are some how illegitimate.

Hopefully Calgary or Vancouver can get hot and get in. Or even Ottawa as long as they don't take our spot :)

Yeah I do think it sucks too. It doesn't feel right to not have a Canadian team, although I'm very happy Montreal won't be in it, haha.

Although I would enjoy not having to hear from those few idiot fans who think the teams South of the border are some how illegitimate.

Hopefully Calgary or The Jets can get hot and get in. Or even Ottawa as long as they don't take our spot :)

Slight fify.

There isn't much better than a non traditional market making a deep run and playing great hockey. I love when the arrogant fans up here have to acknowledge that some of these cities put on a better show and have more invested and louder fans than we do up here.

Even when the Canucks are winning they are tough to watch. It's going to be a long 3-4 years

Even when the Canucks are winning they are tough to watch. It's going to be a long 3-4 years

Your very optimistic. That is going to be around when the sisters retire. you guys need to load up the cupboard now.

Hey Heez, what did you think of the trade? I like Polak, upgrade on Stoner? Not like your team needed to get any bigger or tougher. Ducks are gonna be a beast to play against in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back