Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Ohio, indiana, Kentucky Area chat thread

I'm west of Dayton so your not far we'll tee it up come warm weather

Should target Indian Springs, easy drive and semi close to midway. I have a buddy that moved to Tipp City and he and I have met there before. Good course. Shot the worst 76 of my life last time we met there.

Yes that would be correct. South course.
As i mentioned not sure about guest fees but it's around $200 something. I know it's steep but since so many peeps will be in town, thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything under $300 is fair IMO for Firestone. My CEO is a member at Muirfield, can't remember exactly what he told me the guest rate would be but it was in that ballpark. COO plays at Scioto, same story. Gotta pay to play the top courses IMO, especially when they are private and opportunities to get on are limited. My perspective is that I'd rather pay $300 for one round of 18 I'll remember, rather than 6 rounds at mediocre courses I'll never even remember the name of.

Hell, I put together a list of 15 pairs of courses for an annual golf trip 7 friends and I are putting together starting this Fall...can't think of a single course under $200 on there. Guess it's an easier pill for me to swallow given me not having any kids at the moment...I hear once a couple of those enter my life, I might be singing a different tune...at least thats what my dad tells me when we talk about lifestyles, anyway.

I'm sure there's an appetite here to take you up on the opportunity, just depends on everyone's situation. I, for one, am in regardless of greens fees...timing might not line up with this particular weekend given some fluid travel plans/weddings/ other commitment, I'll have to check my calendar once it gets closer. Awesome offer for you to throw out.

Lol and people think PXG is crazy for their prices

That's one thing I hate about this area. Most of the best courses are private and have rates so high people actually think $300 to play a course that isn't Hideaway is ok. That's crazy

Should target Indian Springs, easy drive and semi close to midway. I have a buddy that moved to Tipp City and he and I have met there before. Good course. Shot the worst 76 of my life last time we met there.

Anything under $300 is fair IMO for Firestone. My CEO is a member at Muirfield, can't remember exactly what he told me the guest rate would be but it was in that ballpark. COO plays at Scioto, same story. Gotta pay to play the top courses IMO, especially when they are private and opportunities to get on are limited. My perspective is that I'd rather pay $300 for one round of 18 I'll remember, rather than 6 rounds at mediocre courses I'll never even remember the name of.

Hell, I put together a list of 15 pairs of courses for an annual golf trip 7 friends and I are putting together starting this Fall...can't think of a single course under $200 on there. Guess it's an easier pill for me to swallow given me not having any kids at the moment...I hear once a couple of those enter my life, I might be singing a different tune...at least thats what my dad tells me when we talk about lifestyles, anyway.

I'm sure there's an appetite here to take you up on the opportunity, just depends on everyone's situation. I, for one, am in regardless of greens fees...timing might not line up with this particular weekend given some fluid travel plans/weddings/ other commitment, I'll have to check my calendar once it gets closer. Awesome offer for you to throw out.

Well if u can make it that'd be awesome! If not , let me know and we can set something up for another date for sure!

That's one thing I hate about this area. Most of the best courses are private and have rates so high people actually think $300 to play a course that isn't Hideaway is ok. That's crazy
Theres still some good munis though.
Easily 6 of the top 10 in the state within an hour ish of each other.

Oh and as far as private Canterbury is awesome. ..course ate me up

You wouldn't pay $200+ for Oakmont?inverness? Muirfield? TPC sawgrass is $425....woul u pay $500 for Augusta if u could? Just curious

Theres still some good munis though.
Easily 6 of the top 10 in the state within an hour ish of each other.

Oh and as far as private Canterbury is awesome. ..course ate me up

Agree on all accounts

You wouldn't pay $200+ for Oakmont?inverness? Muirfield? TPC sawgrass is $425....woul u pay $500 for Augusta if u could? Just curious

Nope. I've played the greatest two courses this country has to offer. Everything else would be a waste of money at those prices. And I mean that

Nope. I've played the greatest two courses this country has to offer. Everything else would be a waste of money at those prices. And I mean that

That's impressive. I don't have that will power. I'd pay a LOT of $$ to play Augusta once....like Browns Super Bowl $$&.

It's about that improbable too ha

There's only about 40 or so (plus the members there) people that would agree with me but trust me. Every other golf course I will play for the rest of my life will fall short.

Well if u can make it that'd be awesome! If not , let me know and we can set something up for another date for sure!

As of now I'll be in Croatia/Montenegro the last weekend of July, but the rest of July is open. I've got a buddy getting married mid August, so his bachelor party weekend might conflict with the dates of the outing, plus that's July 4th weekend so there's a chance something else will come up. July and August are pretty shot for me, but June is clear. TBD, but I'll keep in touch via PM to iron everything out. I'm pumped.

Which two? That's awesome you've knocked the top ones out haha, dove in head first!

Which two? That's awesome you've knocked the top ones out haha, dove in head first!

These courses
The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77107

Played during this THP event

The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77162

The crown jewel of them all

I'd probably pay 200 for Muirfield. Doubtful on the rest.

Some folks just aren't driven to spend crazy money on the course. I'm more worried about who I am playing with.

I'd probably pay 200 for Muirfield. Doubtful on the rest.

Some folks just aren't driven to spend crazy money on the course. I'm more worried about who I am playing with.

I agree with this outside of Augusta, I'd pay a good amount for that.

Growing up in San Diego makes Ohio seem awesome for golf value. Big Met on a weekend would cost like $80 in San Diego. Hell Torrey Pines is absurd for non resident like well over $200 these days. The 2 or 3 best private ones have close to if not higher than 6 figure fees. I do imagine Hideaway is insane fee as well seeing as they limit to like 250 members per 18 or something.

Back to the original point Cleveland area is really good value for golf. That said winter and not golfing sucks

**Firestone CC**

Seeing as a lot of gents will be playing in the regional rivalry, I am looking to gauge the interest of the everyone hat will be in town for the event or making the trip regardless. However, I'm sure the captains will want everyone at the course that Friday for a practice round if possible.

The Bridgestone Invitational is played early this year. June 27th - July 3rd. The course itself closes June 17th-24th at 2:00pm but will be open fully the week prior to that. As a member of Firestone CC I have been able to play the week/weeks leading up to and right after the tourney many times and its pretty cool. Stands, Tents, Scoreboards etc are all in the process of being setup or completed. Trying to not take any thunder away from the Regional Rivalry I went ahead and asked JB to make sure the proposed rounds wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the RR event. He explained as long as the guys who make the teams are there Friday night and Saturday that's all he really cares about. (I for one hope to be there all day....

I would be happy to try and get as many 4somes as possible for Sunday June 11th or even the Friday before for non participants. I also have a friend or two that could get a few extra tee times if need be. Just throwing it out there.....I cant actually book any tee times prior to March 1st but as you would imagine, they book pretty fast in the weeks leading up to or right after the tournament ends. If this doesn't work out, I'd also be happy to do the same thing another weekend but figured since a lot of you will be in town anyways....

Also, the big guy asked that it not be discussed in the RR thread. Hence the post here.

Let me know your thoughts and interest. We can discuss the details later.

Thanks!

Awesome of you to do that, if I have the extra money then count me in. My definition of extra will probably be a credit card with $300 below maxed :wink:

Growing up in San Diego makes Ohio seem awesome for golf value. Big Met on a weekend would cost like $80 in San Diego. Hell Torrey Pines is absurd for non resident like well over $200 these days. The 2 or 3 best private ones have close to if not higher than 6 figure fees. I do imagine Hideaway is insane fee as well seeing as they limit to like 250 members per 18 or something.

Back to the original point Cleveland area is really good value for golf. That said winter and not golfing sucks

I have a buddy who lives near SD. If I couldn't get on for that fee, I'd probably suck it up and throw down for the $200....same goes with pebble for that matter

Awesome of you to do that, if I have the extra money then count me in. My definition of extra will probably be a credit card with $300 below maxed :wink:

Ehhhh we can figure something out man!

And for courses to play besides boulder I am for sure looking to get a few rounds in at Sleepy Hollow when it is actually playing hard and fast, city tournament is there if I qualify so want a few rounds under my belt. I feel like we missed out of Sleepy as a test of golf when we all played since the greens were pretty slow and fairways were on the soft side. Really want to play it when they are running over 10

I have a buddy who lives near SD. If I couldn't get on for that fee, I'd probably suck it up and throw down for the $200....same goes with pebble for that matter

Don't get me wrong Torrey is a good course. But it isn't the most fun to play if you are a bit off. As for a blast to play I do like Aviara, still equally costly but forgiving while still being challenging.

Would cut off my little toe for a round at Augusta.

Back