Callaway & Boeing Team Up For Technology

Good idea by Callaway to get with Boeing technology. Does that mean we are going to see Phil advertising Stealth Bombers next? Wonder what companies will follow suit?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is pretty awesome, I know Alan Mulally and Harry were buddies, so this doesn't surprise me!!!

very interesting and new technology to bring us the best possible product!

Great interview Dean. A very mutually beneficial partnership between the aerospace and golf companies. These XR16s are monsters so I have no doubt that what Boeing was able to contribute helped out in major ways. The driver is obviously the major player in this line but I think the fairway is where this line will blow others away. Good stuff.

I think this shows just how far Callaway has come in the last couple years.

Pairing with the companies that can genuinely make a difference in the club quality from an aerodynamic perspective is great to see.

Collaboration and cross-functional teamwork will always make a product better and it's great to see Callaway promoting this with Boeing. In a few months, I would like to fly on something that Boeing made to play something that Boeing made!

Awesome partnership with Callaway and Boeing, very interested to learn exactly what they did to help with the crown, but I've hit the XR and distance wise it's the best driver I've hit this year.

Great idea that Callaway had! I wonder who thought of it first? I assume Callaway approached Boeing? This kind of original thinking will keep Callaway pushing the envelope - and hopefully make golf easier for the rest of us!

Does this mean TaylorMade is going to team up with Airbus?

.... haha I kid I kid

Last edited:
Looking forward to giving this a hit. I was really surprised with last years XR - seemed like that shaft worked for me. If this improves on that and I can find a shaft that works as well as the stock one last year, it may cost me!

I was really glad that THP TV was able to speak with Boeing as the company as a whole I am a big fan of.

Having worked for and with Boeing for over 25 years, I am a big fan too.
Here's a similar video from the Boeing side of this.

[video=youtube;-eD2on2rH10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eD2on2rH10[/video]

I've demo'ed this driver and whatever they did just flat out works. It was definitely the longest driver I've hit this year. It seems as though this is a great partnership.

Back