It is still extremely common in any city that has been around for a while, and once you have door to door delivery it is very tough to get it changed.
Reason number 5000 our postal service is going broke. It is asinine to me that we still do that in anything but the densest neighborhoods.

Very common in older neighborhoods, at least around here. Everyplace I have ever lived, except for one year in a newer subdivision that had a community box, and one apartment, had mailmen who walked it. And that is 11 houses in 11 different neighborhoods.

Hated the community box. Sucked when it was raining or cold or anytime, actually.
The past two places I lived have annoying mail service. Currently we have a community box, it blows. In Everglades there isn't home delivery of mail, everyone has a PO box. Really sucks when you order something because USPS UPS and Fed/Ex all delivered to the post office, unless the driver knew your house. Got a Christmas present in January one year...

Thats a cool looking mailbox. Id rock that at my place. Mine is just a wooden one i built.

Yeah the HOA would not like that - everyone has the same stone enclosed mailbox with insert.

Very cool mailbox.
Our HOA has the community mailboxes...dang.

So nice not to have a HOA around me.

I know they have their place, but hearing all the complaints about them, I am not sure if the good outweighs the bad.

The past two places I lived have annoying mail service. Currently we have a community box, it blows. In Everglades there isn't home delivery of mail, everyone has a PO box. Really sucks when you order something because USPS UPS and Fed/Ex all delivered to the post office, unless the driver knew your house. Got a Christmas present in January one year...

I live in town about a mile from the post office in a city of 25K+, UPS almost always drops at the post office, FedEx delivers to the door. It really PO's me, especially on Amazon Prime deliveries as when they drop at the PO that counts as delivered on time even though it is not.

In the city that I live in, the old part has sidewalks and the suburban part doesn't. It seems to me that the postal service here is doing it correctly with the post person walking where the sidewalks are and driving where they aren't. Another point for mobile delivery is the vast rural area in this and most states. Sounds pretty efficient to me. Lots of mail boxes on a post. Just saying....

Last edited:
I like it! Too much money and I couldn't set it up at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My HOA would say no way. Which is a shame.

My hoa would also box this and probably send me a nice fine. It is a shame to I think it is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So nice not to have a HOA around me.

I know they have their place, but hearing all the complaints about them, I am not sure if the good outweighs the bad.
Amen. That was like rule #1 to our realtor when we bought this place. Established neighborhood w/ NO HOA! The average age (and intellect level) of the residents around here pretty much negate the need for one.

Back