Peanut Butter's Best Friend

If Reese's PB Cups were a health food, I'd be an Adonis right now!

Put me on team Jelly/fruit. I like chocolate, and I like peanut butter, but for some reason when I have them together, I'm not a huge fan.

Though there is a chocolate shop that I go to that has a chocolate/caramel/peanut butter chocolate and it's amazing.

Butterscotch:

boyer-smoothie_peanut_butter_cups-45.3g_.jpg

Caramel, then honey, then jelly, then bananas. Chocolate is good too, but the others are better

Its really all about the situation. If we're talking lunch, I'm going with Jelly. If we're onto dessert, peanut butter and chocolate is without rival.

Maybe the question about chocolate vs jelly comes down to which dominates their mealtime market the most? You have to go with chocolate here, there are too many other quality lunchtime options for peanut butter to pair with. Maybe it comes down to versatility? Chocolate wins again. Peanut butter and jelly pretty much have to be served with bread, and with the rare exotic exception there aren't any other legitimate PB&J delivery vessels. Sure, jelly has a musical jingle and the support of pop culture, but why are we letting them make up our minds on this?

Chocolate wins this battle.

aG91vp6_700b_v1.jpg

PB's best friend is definitely Nutella. A waffle sandwich (Target frozen waffles) with Nutella on one side and crunchy PB on the other is a can't miss.

I gotta go with jelly on this one. Now don't get me wrong, peanut butter and chocolate is a phenomenal match up, and I can eat Reeces cups or Reeces Pieces all day. But the first thing I think of when I think of peanut butter is a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on fresh, soft white bread. If you want bonus points, cut the crust off.

I'd have to vote chocolate as well, there's nothing better than any kind of item with chocolate and peanut butter in it together!

Strawberry Jam

But, a cold reece's cup is pretty freaking awesome.

What about PB & Mayo?

Considering I can not readily get Mayhaw jelly where I live now ... I have converted to chocolate ... When home in Southeast Texas is PB and Mayhaw Jelly ... away from SE Tx, it is PB and chocolate.

How is that for not avoiding the question ...

Last edited:
Maybe not its best friend but a random really good combo, PB and good Polish Sausage. I learned this from a butcher during my time working in a butcher shop.

Chocolate is the 100% right answer here. Jelly is just a way to preserve rotting fruit.

Nutella is the correct answer.

I almost feel bad for people who don't know this.

chocolate by far and its not even close!

Chocolate. I mean, look at this web site and look how many fine recipes are matched to chocolate!

I'll also go with bananas and celery.

For me it's Chocolate as well. However Peanut Butter sure makes celery tolerable.

I love crunchy peanut butter and I love chocolate. But I don't like them together.

Raspberry jam all the way.

Hands down chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination, and its not even close!

Peanut Butter Jelly as I have one now. But I am following that up with a Reese's peanut butter cup. For dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grape jelly

Bread then PB then sugar

Jelly otherwise

Unless it's in a bag and called pieces

Peanut butter on a graham cracker. You young whipper snappers have probably never heard of this one :alien:

Back