Adams XTD Ti Fairway Wood

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just got this in, 18* Adams XTD Ti fairway with the Matrix Red tie! Some wear on the face, but in good shape for a used club.

Will post some pics tomorrow, then hopefully have some testing done by Thursday.

Hit the 15 in golfsmith a couple weeks ago, but didn't get any numbers. Felt solid and I found a cheap price from a good seller on the bay.

More to come the next few days.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Nice pick up! These things looks pretty sweet, I've only washed a couple. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hit the 13.5 and 15 at work that we have used and liked both, seems very hot, thought about buying them for myself more than once

Just got this in, 18* Adams XTD Ti fairway with the Matrix Red tie! Some wear on the face, but in good shape for a used club.

Will post some pics tomorrow, then hopefully have some testing done by Thursday.

Hit the 15 in golfsmith a couple weeks ago, but didn't get any numbers. Felt solid and I found a cheap price from a good seller on the bay.

More to come the next few days.

Great pick up! Maybe you can answer my question about the adjustable hosel on these; is it adjustable for loft and face angle, or just face angle? I've been seriously pondering one these in the 15.

Great pick up! Maybe you can answer my question about the adjustable hosel on these; is it adjustable for loft and face angle, or just face angle? I've been seriously pondering one these in the 15.

Loft is +/ - 1 degree

Loft is +/ - 1 degree

Are you sure...?

I thought the adapter was identical to that used in the XTD Ti driver, the SLDR driver, the SLDR fairway, etc. which gives 1.5* of loft change in each direction.

Are you sure...?

I thought the adapter was identical to that used in the XTD Ti driver, the SLDR driver, the SLDR fairway, etc. which gives 1.5* of loft change in each direction.

I tinkered with it yesterday, and it says 1.5* on the sleeve. I have not figured out how the face angle is affected and it didn't come with the booklet so I am going to have to research online today. Will have some in hand picks up when I get home tonight.

Are you sure...?

You are correct, its 1.5 if you set it all the way to the higher/lower settings.

I tinkered with it yesterday, and it says 1.5* on the sleeve. I have not figured out how the face angle is affected and it didn't come with the booklet so I am going to have to research online today. Will have some in hand picks up when I get home tonight.

Adjusts the angles about 2* open if you lower it, and 2* closed if you raise it.

Adjusts the angles about 2* open if you lower it, and 2* closed if you raise it.

I figured it worked that way, but wasn't sure what the actual results would be. Now just need to get to the range to hit this thing!

According to a chart I've seen, for every 0.5* of loft change there is a corresponding 1* face angle change... so a total of 3* open to 3* closed.

Take a look at this:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/f1a181b8#/f1a181b8/3

It's not on Taylormade's website but, at first glance at least, it looks as though it could be an authentic publication...

Roger
That is a very nice fairway wood solid i hit one a few weeks back should work well for you with how many 3 woods you hit from the tee

Thanks Brian, I got in 5 swings with it after working on my short game today.

The word I would use to describe it: SOLID. All the swings with it were off the deck, and 3 of the 5 were pretty good. 1 was lower, 1 mid and 1 a good high flight (not ballooning or anything). Tough to tell distance where I was hitting to, but seemed pretty close to my 4w.

I am hoping to get 18 in, and hit the 4W and this bad body side by side to see the distance. Will update later with pics, and hopefully a better report tomorrow.

Got in a range session this morning, took the XTD Ti out again. First couple swings with it were really poor, and I was thinking this club might be too much for this hacker... then I took a couple more and hit some really sweet shots.

Not sure how distance compared to my Razr Fit Xtreme 4w, but seemed to be pretty close. The feel and sound of this club is just solid. I am hoping to sneak out for a round tomorrow morning and be able to hit the 2 side by side so I can actually mark off the yardage.

Just finished the round, hit this 4 times, all from the fairway or rough, and man it rocked. So solid, and I got great results out of this club.

I was able to draw one swing (very difficult for me to do) and faded one quite a bit (without trying to) into the rough but the distance was 20 yards farther then I expected to be! Other two were straight mid flight rockets.

Highly recommend people to check this club out, it is expensive, but the head and shaft produce great results and just SOLID feel/sound.

I am going to have to look at the hybrids and if I see the driver to demo I will give it a swing too.

eje4y5eh.jpg

jy4ypa5a.jpg

I received my brand spanking new Adams XTD Ti 5 wood on Saturday afternoon. I had the chance to get out yesterday and all I can say is this wood really agrees with me. I hit is straighter than my old TM RBZ Tour 5 wood and it also seems to carry farther, I will need to get it on my home course to see for absolutely certain as I had never played the course I was playing yesterday and had no way of telling exactly how much farther or shorter the ball was carrying.

Right now I am extremely happy with my new Adams 5W.

PS - I got it on the bay for an offer of $51 and $9 shipping = $60 to the door. Brand new so you can't beat that.

Back