Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out about two months ago I was due a very sizable tax refund from an overpayment a few years ago. The check arrived today.

Theres a lomg list of things that can and will be done with it. But given the timing of it arriving today, Club Cash payment and travel will be at the top of the list, should I be lucky enough to get in.

Congrats deuce! That is awesome news!

Really cool Rob, hope you get into Club Clash!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This little girl amazes me more every day. She's made a sad day happy.

Congrats deuce

Awesome to hear deuce...good luck!

Lots of awesomeness in this thread lately.

For those who know the struggle the wife and I have had in starting a family ... we're finally done with all of our paperwork and got a call from social services to set up our in-home interview next week. Once that interview is complete, we'll get the nay or yay to open our home for a foster-to-adopt child. We're hoping for a three or under (so the age discrepancy between this child and Nick isn't too great) for a high-legal risk adoption. If they can't terminate parental rights, we'll be foster parents to the child for anywhere up to a year ... or if they do manage to navigate all the legal procedures we'll be able to start the adoption process immediately afterwards.

Yeah, got to admit I'm a bit anxious ... it's going to happen quick (I would be shocked if they don't place a child with us before January is over) and there are a lot of details we'll have to wrestle with ... but I think we're up for the task. At the very least, a child will get a normal life (as normal as things get in our household) for a year, and if all works out as planned they'll be a part of Team Deuce for the long haul!

Remember talking about this with you in Chicago... So happy for you and your family man!!

THP was, is, and will continue to be life changing for me.

I'm just bursting with pride right now to be a part of this community. Not just being a member or staff writer... But this community... it's just freaking awesome. Compassion and kindness around every corner, and it's something I get to read and get reminded of daily here. You guys are fliiiiipppppppppping awesome.

I'm just bursting with pride right now to be a part of this community. Not just being a member or staff writer... But this community... it's just freaking awesome. Compassion and kindness around every corner, and it's something I get to read and get reminded of daily here. You guys are fliiiiipppppppppping awesome.

you are pretty awesome yourself buddy

you are pretty awesome yourself buddy
So true Dan. You speak for many.

I'm so fortunate to have gotten to enjoy a round with both you guys.

Times I will always remember.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Next week is going to be one of the best weeks of my life. First the grandaddy. The greatest event ever thought of and one I have only ever dreamed of being in.

Then the day after I get back my childhood best friend and the best man in my wedding moves back from Alaska. Haven't seen him in 3 years

Im a Canadan fan. Until he starts talking about that game they play on ice with happy gilmore putters

Next week is going to be one of the best weeks of my life. First the grandaddy. The greatest event ever thought of and one I have only ever dreamed of being in.

Then the day after I get back my childhood best friend and the best man in my wedding moves back from Alaska. Haven't seen him in 3 years

Dude, I am so so so so happy for you for this coming week I really can't put it into words.

Just got the mail and inside was a nice escrow surplus check. I forgot we had that coming to us.

Enjoy the lower payment coming in a couple of months as well.

Just got the mail and inside was a nice escrow surplus check. I forgot we had that coming to us.

Extra $$ around the holidays is always a good thing. :banana:

I like this post.

I like Dan.

Nice! It's hard to beat surprise money dropping in your lap (or returning to your lap)! :D

Nice! It's hard to beat surprise money dropping in your lap (or returning to your lap)! :D

She was pretty excited, because usually the surprise money seems to be leaping from her lap.
And yes, that is my fault.

Got one of those a few years ago around this time after the first year in our house. Was a great surprise

I'll just leave this here
fb01a60ec59f0920ef7e3378413c2637.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back