The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping not to make this post this year.

I was wrong.

Thought Oklahoma would go undefeated. TCU put a stop to that. Dang. Congrats TCU, well played.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

I was watching more of the Ole Miss game, but it looked like TCU came to play on D.

Never saw this many top teams lose in one weekend before . May be a foot race to the playoffs at the end of the season

I was watching more of the Ole Miss game, but it looked like TCU came to play on D.

2nd and 2 from the TCU 22 with 3 to go and we couldn't get it done. They stepped up when they had to. They always play us tough, today was no exception.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Never saw this many top teams lose in one weekend before . May be a foot race to the playoffs at the end of the season

Feels like 2007 when LSU won the NC with 2 losses.

Feels like 2007 when LSU won the NC with 2 losses.
Can't happen anymore with new system but I can already envision 10 1 loss teams lobbying for 1 or 2 spots

Can't happen anymore with new system but I can already envision 10 1 loss teams lobbying for 1 or 2 spots

Why not? Seems more likely, if anything. Very possibly could have a 2 loss pac12, big 12, sec and big 10 champion.

Let's say FSU is undefeated and wins the acc, no one loss acc team
OSU picks up another loss, but wins big 10
Stanfords defeats Oregon, and wins pay 12
One loss Oklahoma wins big 12
A 2 loss sec West team wins the SEC.
No undefeated non power conference team.

None of those seem unlikely at this point. You don't need a whole bunch of two loss champions, only 2 if no real strong runner up in another conference.

I think a 2 loss pac12 or sec champion could very likely end up in the championship this year.

What the efff is going on State!? Did you fall asleep after the 3rd quarter?

And a missed field goal. Wow.

Wow that was freaking close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell was that!????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whew...that was close for Sparty.

Sigh of relief. Incredible letdown by my Green. 3 great quarters, but 1 absurdly awful one. Give Nebraska credit, they didn't give up and Armstrong Jr, just relentless. Lots of lessons to be learned, hopefully they can learn more with a W than if an L happened.

Why not? Seems more likely, if anything. Very possibly could have a 2 loss pac12, big 12, sec and big 10 champion.

Let's say FSU is undefeated and wins the acc, no one loss acc team
OSU picks up another loss, but wins big 10
Stanfords defeats Oregon, and wins pay 12
One loss Oklahoma wins big 12
A 2 loss sec West team wins the SEC.
No undefeated non power conference team.

None of those seem unlikely at this point. You don't need a whole bunch of two loss champions, only 2 if no real strong runner up in another conference.

I think a 2 loss pac12 or sec champion could very likely end up in the championship this year.
Absolutely agree. No chance for a 2 loss mich st or Ohio st though. Guaranteed 2 sec teams will get in over teams with equal or better records

Wow ucla bit the dust too. Rankings will be interesting

Ranking shake up for sure!

My prediction , nd will be number 2 when they face FSU

the ND chat forums are crazy on there ..

ND in the top 4 giving fans that false hope.

ND in the top 5 may be worse than OU losing last night. Though got to hand it to them, thought Stanford would handle them easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back