Your Dream Golf Vacation

Golf with my close friends/family members with good activities for our spouses. No equipment needed.

You read my mind. If it's just a trip on my own without my wife and son, give me a golf trip where I can take my dad and/or a couple of close friends. But if my wife and son are coming along, there needs to be great activities close by for them. That's why I loved my recent trip to Mexico: I could play golf at the crack of dawn, play very quickly, and my wife and son could enjoy the beach or pool until I got back.

Location? Whistler, Palm Springs, Hawaii
Competition? Some friendly wagers among friends is always awesome
Equipment? The more the merrier

The people are the number 1 thing, the course quality is number 2, and having some fun things to do when the sun goes down is number 3. I'd want some THPers (local or otherwise) and at that point it's a party.

My dream golf vacation would be a few weeks in Scotland, starting from the West and slowly work clockwise through the country. I'd play all the well known courses, but the far from known as well. I'd end the trip with a few days in St. Andrews, playing the Olde course a few times. I'd go with 3 buddies and we'd have some kind of light hearted competition going. I'd drink a lot of different Scotch, play a broad range of all world and lesser known courses and take in as much of the culture as possible.

Where is it? Great weather and next to the ocean.
Competition? Team event, skins or nothing.
Equipment? Swing what I bring or a pre release
Things that a regular golfer cannot obtain? If THP is involved than yes.

Just me and my wife, dead of the winter, somewhere nice and warm for a month or four.........

Great weather with fun competition(longest drive, closest to pin stuff) with pre release equipment that hasn't been announced.

Pretty sure I've been lucky to be apart of my dream golf vacation more than once

Location? Somewhere on the east coast in the fall or spring, summer's too hot, a three day event

Competition? Just some friendly wagers and maybe a large skins game

Equipment? Nah, maybe some different balls and tees to choose from or team clothing

Things that a regular golfer can't obtain? The THP experience, maybe for Albatross members only

What makes it perfect is relaxation, no expectations, and just good old fashioned golf. Good food also helps.

Scotland, play multiple iconic courses and opportunities to learn from or play with local golf legends/leaders. And I want the history as much as the golfing. My family goes to -- even if they don't golf -- and I would love to see some kind of team competition, although that competition is only one part of the golf experience.

Good friends, good golf, good food,and fun equipment. Location isn't important if those requirements are met.

My dream golf vacation would be a few weeks in Scotland, starting from the West and slowly work clockwise through the country. I'd play all the well known courses, but the far from known as well. I'd end the trip with a few days in St. Andrews, playing the Olde course a few times. I'd go with 3 buddies and we'd have some kind of light hearted competition going. I'd drink a lot of different Scotch, play a broad range of all world and lesser known courses and take in as much of the culture as possible.
So who are the other two going :D

Neat thread JB,

Where is it? - Somewhere warm, but not ungodly hot. Somewhere with a beautiful facility meaning course, practice facilities, food. A place with a setup and conditions like True Blue/Caledonia especially for lodging.

Competition? - I don't think competition needs to be apart of it honestly. If myself or whomever is with me wants a little competition it's easy enough to get a skins game or a little team game going amongst a 4 some.

Equipment? - Equipment would be cool but I would have zero complaints if I could only play my bag.

Things that a regular golfer cannot obtain? - I suppose little things could make the experience better. Meaning private range area or access to the course being closed off for awhile things like that maybe?

What makes it perfect for you? - Company. The right company would make it the perfect golf vacation for me. Friends, Family beautiful setting and hopefully some good golf to go along with that.

Locale and details make the trip. Somewhere that is out of the ordinary, with a course you wouldn't normally splurge to pay for, with other activities for after golf as well. Details like the food you can experience, the service, personalization really make something special

I like to play courses that are new to me. Area doesn't matter to me as long as the temps are 65+. Doesn't have to be famous courses either. Just give me a quality track with decent conditions and it will make my list to play.

As a baseball fan I've always wanted to travel the country, following my Reds and visit all of the ball parks.

So my ideal golf vacation would be something similar. Maybe hit the 4 course that make up the "grand slam" for a particular year. Of course this would be with my brother and cousin and some random dude we find at each course (of the side of the road).

There would be no real competition. Just us boys having fun.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I have two.

First is play the British Open rota courses. St. Andrews, Carnoustie, etc.

Second would be a left coast trip playing Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and Bandon Dunes.

A friendly competition would always be fun, but largely unscripted on the fly kind of deal.

Equipment, while always an interesting and fun option, I think the star of this should be the courses and getting to play them with a group of friends. And cussing and discussing the day over adult beverages and a good meal.

For me a dream golf vacation would be to travel to some amazing golf locations, get to play a few rounds, enjoy the surroundings. Equipment wise, wouldn't matter, I'll bring mine, but if there is some as a bonus to take home, Its even better.

Things a regular golfer can't get, a visit and personal golf instruction from Blair O'neil, just because I like her.

Golfing with my wife in Hawaii (Turtle Bay) has been the best for me. It's where she was officially converted to a golfer. It rained so hard 1 day I picked up on 12, but she played 2 more holes, with me laughing as her ball was floating down the fairways.

So if you feel like a nice winter getaway or thp tourney in Hawaii I'm there

I have 2. They both involve a lot of golf and a lot of beer. Ireland and then vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That trip to go play with Graeme McDowell, get all new Srixon gear, and attend the Irish open as Graeme's guest sounds pretty incredible. The fact that a THPer will get to experience that is awesome.

Where is it? At the beach, somewhere in the Caribbean.

Competition? I'd have my buddies with me, so maybe a four man round robin style 2 man best ball, with the fourth round of golf just individual score, handicapped, for determining ties/overall winner.

Equipment? We'd bring our own.

Priorities (in order)

1. Great food
2. Fun courses
3. Affordability

Put that together with some good friends and that's a recipe for a great time IMO.

The things that make it a dream vacation for me are location, the quality of the golf, a special destination and doing it with friends. Ireland / Scotland is my current dream trip.

Back