Your Dream Golf Vacation

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying its not necessarily about specific courses, and throwing in fun things like "Augusta National" or "TheGrandaddy), but more about what makes a golf vacation perfect for you.

Where is it?
Competition?
Equipment?
Things that a regular golfer cannot obtain?

What makes it perfect for you?

Golf with my close friends/family members with good activities for our spouses. No equipment needed.

Beautiful place
Good climate (i.e. not too hot)
Good company
World class golf course
Great food

Equipment and unique experiences are icing on the cake.

For me right now, a week at Bandon Dunes with my local Pacific Northwest THPers and my golfing family members would pretty much tick every box. As for what I've actually done, #TheHandCraftedExperience was pretty damn close to perfect for me.

The people is what I remember most....and the food. Give me some THPers, good food, some decent weather and I am a happy camper.

The people is what I remember most....and the food. Give me some THPers, good food, some decent weather and I am a happy camper.

I can get down with that....I'm pretty easy to please from a course perspective, just make it a nice track. Friendly competition is always fun with me as well.

I liked the PGA national set up. We could head out grab a bit locally and come back and hang out in the game room/ bar area. Good pool and great food.

Somewhere with good weather, good people, and a really good golf course.

Competition is fun but not a necessity.

Equipment goes in the same boat as competition. If there's an equipment tie in, awesome. If there's not, that's ok too.

Cool question:

Where is it? In this order based on nothing other than what strikes my fancy as of this writing. Coastal and/or low country type setting, followed by Mountain and then desert settings.

Competition or equipment is not needed in the least for it to be memorable for me, but both are wonderful additions if it happens.

Things that a regular golfer cannot obtain? Having participated in two events (Adams and Seemore) that most golfers cannot/do not get to experience outside of an affiliation with THP, I would say that this is a great experience and would recommend it to anyone. Always great insight and tremendous people at OEM's and its great to see their enthusiasm for bringing us closer to their world.

What makes it perfect for you? Good Friends, good food in a golf atmosphere is what does it for me. In my family, golf is sort of "my thing", so having amenities for the family is not necessarily a requirement, because for the most part they are not interested in attending. We do plenty of other diving, cruising or other related things together. Having said that, I have zero issue with other family units in attendance. I love kids and always enjoy meeting SO's.

JM

This is it for me.

The old outings were pretty legit vacations. Of course my idea of golf vacation and others probably differs. There something great about day drinking with your internet friends while playing 54 holes. The equipment side isn't needed in the least for me.

And I want to add that this has nothing to do with THP Events.
This is about your dream golf vacation.

THP Events will continue to evolve as they always have to offer something unique and special for those that want it.

My friends and a ton of golf crammed into a weekend. A solid resort is nice but i can play anywhere

THP Events will continue to evolve as they always have to offer something unique and special for those that want it.

Okay then....guys trip to Ireland for a week. Golf lots, drink some, rinse and repeat. Would also gladly do this at True Blue & Caledonia. I'm simple...

Your Dream Golf Vacation

With this in mind I have to break it down to tow situations, with family and without.

If I'm with family I need some type of resort to keep them occupied while I'm golfing and then something where we can all go and experience as a family

If just with friends, then a setting that allows golf and afterwards a big enough place to hang out. Bandon comes to mind as I understand it, it's golf all day and then in the evening you hang out, enjoy the company and relax.

Location: I would prefer a setting like the Greenbriar or similar. Cabins or similar set up.

I shall change my answer then.

7 golf buddies, Bandon, Whistling Straits or Scotland. 7 days. Nuff said :banana:

JM

With the wife and would love to meet up with some THPr's.
Ireland or Hawaii.
Some competition would be fantastic.
Opportunity for equipment? Sure !

What makes it special for me is doing something like this with my best friend in the world...Mrs. Drumdog.
Kick in meeting up with THPr's and that would put it over the top!

Your Dream Golf Vacation

Where is it?
That's easy for me. The Big Island of Hawaii. There are so many beautiful ocean courses up in the Waikoloa area. It's as perfect and serene as you'll ever experience.

Competition?
I don't think so. I'd want to just truly enjoy the moment and not get caught up in my score.

Equipment?
This ties into the next question.

I like the experience of having the feeling of being treated like a touring pro. It would include a custom fitting from a particular manufacturer. These clubs would be from driver to putter and everything in between. The whole vacation experience you would feel like a pro. That is something most golfers can never obtain. I could only imagine. I know I'm going to get a sneak peek at this life at #staffproto and I'm forever grateful.

Combine the above with my closest life long friends and you have #eternalbliss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outside of THP events...I want to head to Scotland and play some really good courses and experience good history. Chek out the local scenery and history around the UK. Would love to have my family with me

Dream Trip outside of THP events.

Probably a 10 day trip to Ireland and Scotland playing at least 6 or 7 rounds on some iconic courses with say 11 other good guys. In addition to the golf having enough time to take in the local atmosphere and beauty of the places and spend quality time chilling with friends.

Dream Trip outside of THP events.

Probably a 10 day trip to Ireland and Scotland playing at least 6 or 7 rounds on some iconic courses with say 11 other good guys. In addition to the golf having enough time to take in the local atmosphere and beauty of the places and spend quality time chilling with friends.

That sounds perfect!

Next year me and 3 of my good buddies are going to the Ryder Cup. We are playing 5 rounds of golf at some of the better Twin Cities courses and going to the Ryder Cup each day. We've done this type of guys trip at Augusta a few times but I've never been to a Ryder Cup.

That sounds perfect!

Next year me and 3 of my good buddies are going to the Ryder Cup. We are playing 5 rounds of golf at some of the better Twin Cities courses and going to the Ryder Cup each day. We've done this type of guys trip at Augusta a few times but I've never been to a Ryder Cup.
Sounds like a pretty good trip in of itself.

Let me preface this by saying its not necessarily about specific courses, and throwing in fun things like "Augusta National" or "TheGrandaddy), but more about what makes a golf vacation perfect for you.

Where is it?
Competition?
Equipment?

I love visiting courses in warm temps for golf vacations. I prefer mountains and deserts. I love a nice pool and hot tub to come back to. There doesn't need to be competition, but we tend to play a game where we throw $10 in the pot for skins and green balls. Equipment and incredible things not available to the normal person on a golf trip are great, but for me it's really about enjoying myself with the group of folks and relaxing. If I can include my wife in the trip for after golf activities, it makes it that much better! ?

All of the above, at a course not in Nebraska!!!

In all honesty what the Grandaddy is to me would be the creme de la creme of golf trips. To go with a bunch of guys that take the game as serious as me but like to enjoy it, a bag full of equipment from a manufacturer and play out in Cali. That really is the ultimate golf vacation.

Back