Is A Driver An Emotional Purchase?

I think the emotional side sets in after the purchase. Testing and trial before... Pure excitement and joy afterwards.

for me definitely emotional. I have always loved taylormade for clubs, the look and all. so for me the purchase of a driver, I've always had a taylormade

You've been watching too many episodes of HBO' Girls.

I have maintained that purchases that are luxury items with pure enjoyment in mind are normally emotional purchases. Whether that be brand loyalty, warm and fuzzy feelings at the look of the headcover or something else. What do you think?

Sometimes hitting my driver can be emotional. :curse::crying::banghead::joy:

I don't have a strong emotional attachment to my drivers or woods. I think the gear that I have the biggest emotional attachment to is my iron set. They are the clubs that I spend the most time with in play. They are who I have taken to the pro shop over the seasons for new grips and lie adjustments. I feel like irons are the heart and soul of the game and I regard them as such. When it comes time to buy new irons I double down on research and geek out on every aspect of everything that I am considering. Once I have them, I spend a lot of time dialing them in and the cycle starts again.
I:love:irons.

nope. always performance. ball flight, trajectory, distance. any golf gear purchase is a commitment, not a one-night stand for me. i'm past the "oh i bet it'll work out after a few more games" delusion. give me a driver so ugly that no mother or THP'er can love but gives me 20 more yards with it, and i'll take her in a heartbeat. i can send her for liposuction, body works, hairdressing and make-up later.

I would say after the putter, the driver is the club with the most emotional investment.

They are all emotional purchases. The tiny incremental gains in performance don't even come close to justifying the added cost for a recreational golfer. We buy them because of our emotions.

Absolutely. With so many options available and the high cost of said options, being emotionally invested is a given to part with the amount of cash required to obtain that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Absolutely. With so many options available and the high cost of said options, being emotionally invested is a given to part with the amount of cash required to obtain that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Yep. Coming back to golf this year, "modern" equipment was one of my learning experiences. And my conclusion is that if you factor for things like target ability (e.g., GI) and fitting, the real-world performance differences between brands and across years (3-5, more?) is minor. Golf equipment buying is not the purely logical domain of Vulcans.

I think it is, I know for me I want to find that magic club that will give me the 300yd drives of my favorite golfers with the accuracy I want, the problem is it's not the club and my expectations are unrealistic. If I feel good or bad about my latest driver purchase it's emotionally driven for sure.

For me it is. The last driver I bought was the one I absolutely loved more than any available at that time. Once I moved on from it I couldn't get rid of it so my dad games it

Hell yes it is and I have no problem owning up to that.

Why else am I buying what I already have because I want it in blue?

Nope, I just begrudgingly purchased a udesign GBB because I had to.....hahaha..I don't remember ever being this excited to get a new club.

Hell yes it is and I have no problem owning up to that.

Why else am I buying what I already have because I want it in blue?
Glad to see I'm not the only one hehehe. I think most golf purchase is emotional. New gear brings the warm and fuzzy feelings and the excitement to get out

I'm not sure how any luxury purchase couldn't be emotional. We don't NEED a new driver or putter. We want it. It's not like a sandwich for nourishment or clothes to stay warm. It's always going to be a want never a need.

I think a lot of emotions go into buying items, especially ones we might not need but want. If you take emotion out of it and replace it with logic and reason most of it becomes unnecessary. Getting new clubs is awesome and if you can afford it there really is no reason not to if its what you enjoy.

When playing at an unfamiliar course and rounding the corner to the next hole, I'm usually sad if I discover that I can't hit my 915 D2. I love it. Totally emotional.

I enjoy every golf purchase. So yes!

Is buying a driver emotional???? Yes...I get joy from buying the new stuff. Do i buy a certain driver because of emotion? No i buy what works best.

It is for me. There was a time I tried to fool myself and say I needed it purely for performance, but there's just so many good drivers out there, I'm definitely emotionally invested. Same goes for all my clubs though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Back