Streamsong advice

Vortex

Reaction score
I searched the forum and collected numerous pieces of useful information for a golf trip to Orlando and Naples during the first week of November. We're staying, and playing, at Disney for 4 days and then driving to Naples for 4 more days of golf.

Our plan is to play Streamsong Red and Blue during our drive from Orlando to Naples. It should be a long and fun day. Streamsong has a 21 day reservation policy so we can't book tee times until next week. They said the tee sheet is 91% full as of this morning. Availability could have a major impact on our plan. Public rate is $165 for walking, $90 for replay, and $15 to rent a pull cart.

Is walking 36 holes feasible during the first week of November (sunlight)? Can a person, who's in good shape, walk 36 and still play solid golf on these courses? Are caddies a "must have" or a "nice to have"? Any general tips for playing these courses? Again, all advice is greatly appreciated.

The plan for this trip calls for 18 rounds in 9 days. Advil is on the packing list!

Feasible? Yes.
With a tee sheet that is already over 90% full, I am not sure.
I prefer to have the caddie. It speeds up play considerably.

I would go with the caddie for sure, as you've never played there and there are some nuisances to the greens and preferred lines into them you'll want to take.

As for getting in 36, that's difficult if you tee off any later than 9. Figure 9-1, lunch, 1:30-5:30 if you're lucky? It gets dark here pretty quick golf wise by 5:30 once DST hits.

Thanks guys! If you could only play one course, then would you choose Blue or Red?

I'll agree with Mward, if you can't get an early tee time it could be tough. If you can tee off earlier it would definitely be doable. I will say when I played there in the afternoon the pace of play was very quick. But that is a one off.

If I was playing one course I would play red. Both are excellent but the Red was a bit more visually appealing to me. I definitely enjoyed getting pictures and such when I was there. Can't go wrong either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the course suggestion. As of today, we're 21 days out so I called Streamsong to make a reservation. They have several openings on both courses. I picked the Red course at 8:30 and we're paired with a single. It looks like an afternoon replay on the Blue course is possible. If the weather and tee sheet cooperate, then we'll go for 36. Thanks again for the input.

We're also playing Sarasota National while in the area. This selection is based on recommendations in other posts.

I walked 36 in August pulling a rickshaw and we had a fore caddy. So sunset wasn't a problem, the sun was.

I loved both courses, the last four holes on the Blue from the tips are what I consider to be the best part of a nice money match ... Where all hell can break loose on any shot.... Those last four are special.

Back