Wilson NeXus Stand Bag Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bag looks great. For something that's been the same for awhile it's nice to new technology. This bag sounds like it fits the bill for those who want the options between walking, riding, and storing it.

The bag looks great and having a stand bag that works well on a riding cart is huge IMO. There is nothing worse than hearing your bag full of clubs bounce and slide around while playing or more frustrating than fixing your bag every couple holes because it's all jacked up.

Awesome review. I think these bags look amazing. The thought of being able to store a stand bag upright is ingenious. Definitely will be pondering one as my son needs a new stand bag.

Nice write up JB. I love how they addressed the issue of the stand bag sliding around in the bag of a cart. It always drives me crazy hearing my bag moving all over the place, especially when I am the only one in the cart. It's nice to see someone thinking outside the box on this.

I just noticed on Wilson's website that they have the Centennial edition neXus carry bag. It looks pretty awesome, but it appears to be out of stock.

"Are you a person that likes to ride while playing, but always notices the stand bags leaning and sliding all over the place in the back?"

Yes, yes I am. I will have to check this out in person.

Nicely done Josh. I’ve had several stand bags, and as I move towards more riding than walking on the course. It’s good to hear that there is a bag out there that will work well on the cart. I would assume that this would also work well on a pull cart as well. And it still maintains a relatively light weight profile for those days someone want to walk and carry.

Nice review here Josh.

Amazing that something so seemingly simple in design is just being done and I gotta give props to Wilson for not just designing another bag with the same build/skeletal features then just changing a pocket location and color options.

Would guess we see other OEM's following suit very soon...

Such a simple concept in theory, kuddos to Wilson for bringing it to the market. Best of both worlds for riders/walkers.

Great write up JB. This bag looks slick, and the design concept is great. I love that it stands upright without the legs coming out. One of the things that drives me crazy about my stand bag is when I take it out of my car and put it on the blacktop parking lot. It's so slick, the legs slide way out from their normal position. I'm always afraid one of these times it's just going to keep sliding and break.

Nice job Josh, This bag sounds like it would solve my problem of changing from cart bag to stand bag often, expecially when I am heading to tournaments, I can’t deal with the floppy stand bag when riding.

The, exo-frame, sounds like an amazing feature, I love that this stand bag can serve both purposes and still be user friendly in the cart!

I'm in bag ponder mode right now. Will definitely be giving this one a look.

I've had my eyes on this bag all winter. The 100th anniversary design looks really sick on this bag.

Josh, if you have a soft sided travel case, would you be at all worried that the external structure could be damaged in transit. When I looked at the bag, it seemed really sturdy, but you never know what an airline can do.

I've had my eyes on this bag all winter. The 100th anniversary design looks really sick on this bag.

Josh, if you have a soft sided travel case, would you be at all worried that the external structure could be damaged in transit. When I looked at the bag, it seemed really sturdy, but you never know what an airline can do.

I have traveled with it in a soft sided case once with no issues. Never say never, but based on my testing, it would appear you would have the airlines break a leg on standard bag more easily than this. Its pretty darn sturdy.

Quick questions:
- Does this help with "over torquing" the legs? I'm sure we all know the problem with stand bags where eventually the legs just give out and start collapsing, or the feet can't quite hold them on slicker surfaces.
- Do the clubs bind up at the bottom and inhibit movement? For this to work, then the clubs have to rotate in unison as well.

I really like the white and black ones. The special edition one on the website is cool. My dad had an old Wilson bag that looked very similar.

I'll be watching this thread. I'm perfectly happy with my current bag and feel that it has several more years worth of life in it. I will be interested to hear how these hold up and whether any long term, nagging issues crop up.

Nicely done. Love the talk about how it sits in the cart and doesn't twist because of the frame. That was always something that annoyed me with other stand bags.

Will it help with over torquing? Hard to say. The legs will last longer in general, because the durability will not be tested as much since it stands on its own.
As for tangling, I find less dividers better (many disagree). I have fit 2 complete sets in here with no issue. I have also used it on the course multiple times and other THPers (Hawk & Howzat) both used it on the course for their rounds and saw little issue.

After 6 months, it is going strong and looks perfect.

I am wondering the same thing about binding up with the clubs. Haven't had any luck with putting clubs in a bag and pulling them out without being stuck with another. One thing nice about this guy i see is about the golf cart and how it doesnt move all around and eventually have its side facing to the back.
Quick questions:
- Does this help with "over torquing" the legs? I'm sure we all know the problem with stand bags where eventually the legs just give out and start collapsing, or the feet can't quite hold them on slicker surfaces.
- Do the clubs bind up at the bottom and inhibit movement? For this to work, then the clubs have to rotate in unison as well.

I really like the white and black ones. The special edition one on the website is cool. My dad had an old Wilson bag that looked very similar.

I'll be watching this thread. I'm perfectly happy with my current bag and feel that it has several more years worth of life in it. I will be interested to hear how these hold up and whether any long term, nagging issues crop up.

Nice review JB
that bag look great i love that wilson redesigned it with out reinventing the wheel

Nice review Josh. I was intrigued by this bag since it came out--and listing over the 100 year anniversary model. I love that it stands vertical on it's on. That's a detail that finally may push me over the top to purchase it.

Will it help with over torquing? Hard to say. The legs will last longer in general, because the durability will not be tested as much since it stands on its own.
As for tangling, I find less dividers better (many disagree). I have fit 2 complete sets in here with no issue. I have also used it on the course multiple times and other THPers (Hawk & Howzat) both used it on the course for their rounds and saw little issue.

After 6 months, it is going strong and looks perfect.
I agree with the tangling, I didn't used to, but now that I've tried both I can see the benefit of less is more!

After 6 months has the fabric or zippers shown wear at all?

Nice review, JB!! I really do like this bag (with the exception of the blue one).

Back