New Clubs Came In!

Den60

Reaction score
Handicap
13.6 USGA
My first set of fitted clubs came in yesterday and I picked them up today, Callaway Big Bertha Irons. Have them sitting in my bag right now getting comfy and can't wait for a chance to go out and hit them. Very excited. Expect to do another fitting for driver, wood and hybrid soon.

20151010_093414%201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

congrats! irons are my favorite clubs to ho over. so much potential to do awesome things, and probably the most satisfying when everything comes together for a perfect shot. enjoy the hell out of your new sticks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choice! I hope they work well for you!

Great looking set up, Hit em' well !

Very nice! Hope you can get out and hit them soon!

Congrats!

Congrats and hit them well!

Congrats,nice choice. Hit them well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Sweet set of sticks, congrats.

Nice clubs. Hit em well!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Congratulations, they look real good. Remember, swing smooth and let the club do the work.

Do you ever get out and play Miramar MCAS Golf Course?

Congratulations, they look real good. Remember, swing smooth and let the club do the work.

Do you ever get out and play Miramar MCAS Golf Course?

Never played that one. Played Admiral Baker once.

Congrats and hit them well.

Congrats on the new fitted clubs. So exciting to get new sticks.

Nothing like Christmas in October. Congrats on the new irons. What are you thinking in terms of the driver, fw woods, and hybrids?

Congrats! Hope you get to enjoy them soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the fitted sticks! Enjoy them.

Nothing like Christmas in October. Congrats on the new irons. What are you thinking in terms of the driver, fw woods, and hybrids?

Well, my birthday is at the end of the month so I figured I'd give myself an early present. :D

As for the rest of my bag I will likely go back to Golftec for a fitting for the woods and hybrids. They stepped me down in flex so I figure my current hybrid needs to be the same flex as my irons. I hit my driver pretty good and haven't been using my 3W lately, though it is in the bag. I want to use the new clubs for a bit to see how the grip is. We added thickness to the top of the grip because I had hand surgery in 1994 and my left hand ring finger doesn't bend as much as it should. He felt a bit more thickness at the left hand would help with that since I tend to feel the need to overgrip with my left hand. I will want adjustable loft with my woods and hybrid should I get new ones. I pretty much expect Callaway will be recommended but I might ask about Cobra. I think Golftec normally kicks out Callaway, TM, Mizuno and Ping but you can give them some preferences when they go through the fitting. Being a San Diego native I like to game local company clubs as much as possible. Oh, I now have a 6[SUP]o[/SUP] gap between my AW and sand wedge so we might look at that. The fitter mentioned graphite shafts for that as well but I'm thinking I'd like to stick with steel with those. He pointed me to the Mack Daddy wedges. Probably would look at the 54[SUP]o[/SUP]-12W and 58[SUP]o[/SUP]-9S options should I change out those. But I really need to get out and see what my distances are before changing out my wedges. I do really like hitting my current 60[SUP]o[/SUP] around the greens.

Back