Wilson-Staff F5 Fairway Wood Preview

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Information on the upcoming F5 Fairway Wood from Wilson-Staff:

• FAST FIT TECHNOLOGY - Green Means Go! The fastest, easiest and one of the lightest adjustable hosel systems allowing for quick fitting changes.
  • ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTING - Interchangeable weight placed low and close to the face decreases spin while maintaining an optimal launch angle for maximum distance.
  • REACTIVE FACE TECHNOLOGY -Variable 6Al-4V titanium face geometry maximizes response and performance across the entire face.

F5_FW_ADDRESS-L.jpg

F5_FW_HERO-L.jpg

F5_FW_MNS_FACE-L.jpg

F5_FW_MNS_TOE_DOWN-L.jpg

F5_FW_TOE-L.jpg

Man those make it look like one clean and sharp looking FW. Looking forward to the reviews, especially after the Wilson event had some really good initial thoughts.

• Staff
The M3 fairway was the star of the M3 wood lines so this one has my eye.

I can really only speak to the hosel "Green Means Go" design since I played around with it a bit at #StaffProto. It really is simple. Four to five turns of the wrench, show the green line, twist it into the right place, re-tighten and you're good to go. No completely separating the head from the shaft/adapter, no losing the screw, just loosen, set, tighten, and go.

I know a few of the THPers (I'm looking at you sgbani) were launching balls with the F5 fairway woods. I think these should be on most everyone's radar.

A very clean look and i saw quite a few people smashing this thing with ease. Ball seemed to just pop off the face

• Staff
I can really only speak to the hosel "Green Means Go" design since I played around with it a bit at #StaffProto. It really is simple. Four to five turns of the wrench, show the green line, twist it into the right place, re-tighten and you're good to go. No completely separating the head from the shaft/adapter, no losing the screw, just loosen, set, tighten, and go.

I know a few of the THPers (I'm looking at you sgbani) were launching balls with the F5 fairway woods. I think these should be on most everyone's radar.

OK, so that hosel is pretty freaking cool.

That's a good looking fairway wood. Definitely want to hear more about it.

Wilson-Staff F5 Fairway Preview

Wilson-Staff F5 Fairway Preview

I love my bio cell 3 wood and had forgotten about it after hitting the the F5 at #staffproto. Unbelievable distance and control. Off the deck was easy. The sweetest fairway wood I've tried. BY FAR.

I'm looking forward to trying this out. Right now I'm playing a SLDR fairway wood because it works the best for me. Something similar with an adjustable / interchangeable shaft would be awesome.

I hit this at the W/S and THP #StaffProto event last Friday. It is a launcher, and fairly forgiving as well. Definitely a long ball for me for the 15* and 13.5* lofts that I tried, i preferred the 15* loft. Stock shafts are pretty good as well, although some of the other shaft offerings are worth a try based on what the W/S guys told me.

On my list for 2016, that is for sure. Anyone in the market for a fairway wood, or prefers to hit something like this off the tee, definitely keep this in mind for consideration.

I was just telling greggdrews that the FW is a spot in my bag always up for change. I really like what W/S is doing in this line of woods/hybrids/driver

Very clean. Interested to hear more in person reviews on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great clean lines and the gold highlights are well done. Wilson is really stepping up. Looking forward to this whole line

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Does the hybrid have the same basic shape?

I'm pretty darn happy with my D200 but this one really intrigues me.

That is about as sharp-looking of a fairway wood I've seen in a while.

I will openly admit I didn't get along with the D200 FW. It was a shaft issue I'm quite sure. I'm hoping they offer a different shaft line up for these in order for me to give them a go.

At #StaffProto, this was by far my favorite of the woods line up. I freaking loved it. It looks so clean, launches the ball well, feels great and the adjustment hose is the easiest in the biz.

This looks real nice and clean, will need to hit this for sure

would like to see it in person. footprint looks on the larger side from the pics.

would like to see it in person. footprint looks on the larger side from the pics.

It didn't appear larger in hand but I had nothing to compare at the time.

I'm looking forward to seeing the F5 line in person. I wonder how long we have to wait.

I'm gonna be pretty darn impressed if something can top my Big Berthas, but I'm definitely excited to try these out. I liked a lot about the M3 fairways, I just wish they were a little more forgiving and had a hotter face. Sounds like these might achieve that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back