Sorry to hear this. At least you're golf season is almost done anyway, so shutting it down now won't be as bad as if it was April. Heal up, and best of luck on the surgery.

Sucks man! I was down for 4 months in 2013 for neck surgery. Hope it heals soon!

Sucks to end the golf season like that. I had nearly the same scenario last year, thankfully the technology and abilities of surgeons make knee ligament repairs a relatively minor thing. Here's to a speedy recovery! You'll be back before you know it!

Heal up quick! A good mentality is just as important as the surgery, or lack thereof, for healing!

Sorry about the bad news. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Injuries always suck. Rest up, get well, and there's always THP....

Dang. Sorry to hear! At least winter is coming up!

Sucks to hear this... Get better!

Thats not great news. Hope it heals quickly.

Best of luck for a quick recovery. MCL's normally heal up well with no complications. I've had meniscus surgery on my left knee and recovered 100% from a serious right knee injury(ACL replacement, MCL and PCL grade 2 tears, meniscus surgery) at age 47 a few years ago. I was able to golf and do a 62 mile bike ride 6 weeks after surgery. It was about 6 months before I could go at the tee ball 100% but sometimes swinging 80% is a good thing. Find a good physical therapist and follow all of his recommendations and you will be as good as new shortly!

That stinks about the injury, let's hope this winter isn't anything like LAST winter up here, otherwise you'll have PLENTY of time to recover!

I tore my meniscus running a few years ago, thankfully I didn't have to have surgery on it and lots of rest + ibuprofin got me through it. Hope you're able to start next season nice and strong.

Oh wow that sucks, but get healthy! Look at it this way, potentially many more years of this crazy yet beautiful game left for you!

Sorry to hear it bud. Hope you recover quick!

That sucks, sorry to hear that. The good news is it is a good time to deal with it. It could have happened in May.

Sorry to hear. But having been through a winter rehab from surgery, I'll just say you enjoy playing pain free next year. It's worth the time and effort.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Well...an update.

Ended up needing the surgery sooner than I anticipated due to the meniscus locking up my knee to the point I couldn't unbend it easily. I ended up with surgery on the 27th which went as planned. The tear was what was expected and their were signs of minimal degeneration (which is good because my family has a history of it). The tear on the MCL was healing well (+ 30+lbs of weight loss is helping!) I am walking with minimal pain now and still hope to be golfing by late winter/early spring isn't out of the realm of possibility. Physical therapy has been great as they have restored my flexibility not only in my knee, but everywhere. They gave me an aggressive stretching program that seems to be making me stronger across the board. I was already very strong!

The killer is I work directly across the street from the golf course and weather has been incredible here. Kills me knowing I could be playing. I quickly realize that I will be painfree and much leaner by spring. I just do my exercise and walk to get the strength in the knee back to normal.

My goal for losing weight is to lose 150lbs. I still have 115lbs to go. It will be much less stress on my knee as well as my rest of my body. Just been lucky to date that my cholesterol and BP have been normal (annoys my DR to no end that I have excellent numbers and I am a huge guy) Never realized how big I had gotten until I got on that scale for my physical before the surgery and I was too heavy to be measured on the standard physicians scale. The "other" scale had me at almost 390... (keep in mind that is big no matter the height, but I am 6'5" ish.) Fast food is a killer for me, especially with my travel schedule. I have made significant lifestyle changes. No fried foods, and more fruits and veggys. Less red meat (notice I didn't say no red meat) and more turkey and chicken. Lots of variety is keeping it interesting. And the weight is just coming off.

Today I am right at 360, well on my way at less than a month. Already dropped 4" off my waist. I think the knee is feeling better on a daily basis. My goal is to get to the weight I was when I got married (230-235). If I get there, I will be thrilled with it and for sure, it will transform my golf game...

Good to hear you have yourself on a good path to better health.

Glad to hear the knee is mending well, add that to your weight loss and the new sticks and I am sure you will be ready to kick it into high gear when the new season hits!

Get better soon man. At least you have company as with what seems to be a different NFL player every week. Yall can rehab together.

Glad to hear recovery is going well! Keep it up!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Good news on the recovery. And great to hear your already making progress at the lifestyle change! Eating healthy makes such a difference.

I just had a knee procedure on the 28th too. Working on regaining range of motion. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Lay off the fast food outlets bro. Get real meat or steak from a restaurant rather than a fast food outlet. Them fast food outlets tend to fry servings over the same oil, and you're getting all the fat from the stuff fried before your own.

Do something physical to metabolize. Wash your car, walk the dog, offer to carry the heavy stuff at the office. Having a healthy lifestyle isn't about gyms, it's the choices you make. Walk instead of riding. A quarter mile is just a par 4.

I always say we don't get sick in a day, it takes years of abuse to our bodies to get us there. And quite obviously, we won't get well in a day.

But our bodies are capable of tremendous things, we just have to listen to them.

Get well.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Back