Well things got a little complicated since my last visit. I have to have another minor knee surgery (3/17) to repair another tear that happened a few weeks after the last surgery. During the last surgery, they repaired, rather than removed the portion that was torn and cleaned up my patella. Well, the repair ended up tearing when I slipped on some snow. Doesn't hurt walking, but crouching down, is extremely painful. The good news is it is a quick surgery and I should be able to golf in as little as two weeks.

The great news is I am now weighing in at a svelte 330 lbs! Losing the lbs has been easy. I am walking around 8-10 miles a day and that helps a ton. My goal is to get down to 235. Last weekend, I hit balls at an indoor range and my driver ss went from 105-108mph last summer to almost 115 to 120mph. I thought my swing was slowing down cause I am getting old. Nope, I just got so big that everything was slower. I can't wait to hit the course this summer.

Keep it up bigdaddy. Hope the repair surgery goes without a hitch!

Well things got a little complicated since my last visit. I have to have another minor knee surgery (3/17) to repair another tear that happened a few weeks after the last surgery. During the last surgery, they repaired, rather than removed the portion that was torn and cleaned up my patella. Well, the repair ended up tearing when I slipped on some snow. Doesn't hurt walking, but crouching down, is extremely painful. The good news is it is a quick surgery and I should be able to golf in as little as two weeks.

The great news is I am now weighing in at a svelte 330 lbs! Losing the lbs has been easy. I am walking around 8-10 miles a day and that helps a ton. My goal is to get down to 235. Last weekend, I hit balls at an indoor range and my driver ss went from 105-108mph last summer to almost 115 to 120mph. I thought my swing was slowing down cause I am getting old. Nope, I just got so big that everything was slower. I can't wait to hit the course this summer.

Hate to hear that there has to be more surgery but glad to hear you will be back to being able to play soon! Hoping for a fast recovery for you.

Nice to hear of the progress and good luck to your surgery.

330? Why, you are just a little slip of a thing! Good job.

They don't call me Bigdaddy for nothing!

I was in your position last year. Broke my wrist Memorial day weekend and after the bone healed, found out I had a torn TFCC. Dr. said it should heal without surgery, so I opted out. Was finally able to play my first full round last Thanksgiving and the recovery is still a work in progress...

The worst part was I had my game really dialed in right before I broke it... Still not where I want to be, but at least i see constant improvement after each round.

Hang in there.

Well the good news is the latest surgery was a success and I am officially pain free. Almost 2 weeks after surgery, I played my first 9 hole round and shot a 42. Considering I had not hit a club in months, that is an accomplishment. My driver swing is so much more reliable than it ever was (getting rid of the extra lbs really helped). I walked the entire round and was stiff, but not more than you would expect. Can't wait for Vegas next week!!!

That's fantastic BigDaddy !
Congrats on getting back on the course.

Back