Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best from today was a 6i from 189 to 5' but missed the putt. Really stung that shot.

It should be the birdie putt at #2 because it was the good scoring I did. But what I really enjoyed was my drive on #10. Hit over a bunker that I haven't done before. Loooong drive gotta love that!

Hit a 25 foot put up hill with a sharp break to the left for birdie today. Also hit a few putts to save par.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Didnt have anything that was just epic. However since my boy trev ( TNTCigarguy) let me borrow a black tie for my r1, and cut it down im finally able to hit a steady draw with my driver.

On Saturday I had one that was in the rough just off the fairway at 175 out, but with one hell of a sidehill lie - I had to choke up off the grip! But I miraculously managed to hook that super choked up 4h right along the fairway and chase it up onto the green and two putt for par! Just a totally ridiculous shot in every sense.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

No spectacular shots Sunday. The best was probably a down wind 96yd fairway bunker shot that I struck perfectly with a 3/4 54 degree wedge that landed about 6 feet right of the hole, hopped once and stopped at about 8 feet. I left the putt 2" short right in the center.

4th hole a par 4 uphill. I missed my tee shot to the right and was left with 143 yards...only problem was that I had a pine tree behind my back, while addressing the ball I could feel it touch my shirt. I couldn't make a full back swing without hitting the tree. I had trees blocking the way to the green. I managed to hit a 8-iron around and over the trees. Got to the fore green, two putted for par.

e2yjyqe5.jpg

I had a few shots i was thrilled with over the weekend, but two come to mind. One was a 3w from about 210. I hit the ground before the ball off the tee and ended short of the fairway. I had a blind shot to the green so my friend stood on the hill between me and the green giving me the line (brave of him). I hit my 3w well and had a slight fade to it, ending up on the green about 20 feet left of the pin. I 2 putted for par.

The second shot was on the last hole. This odd par 5 (530y) starts off easily enough, but 340 yards out, the fair way runs down a steep hill to water so hitting a long second shot was not an option unless i wanted a down hill lie. I had 170 left after 2 and hit my 6i to 10 feet, a little long and right. I unfortunately lipped the birdie put, but ending with that par was a great thing. That sealed a solid round for me.

Dropped a 40 footer in for birdie on #10 yesterday. My wife played her first 18 holes so there was that. We had a lot of fun even though the round got a little long. I had pushed my drive behind a tall pine tree with 150 yards to the center of the green. Hit a high 8 iron over the tree and it stuck on the front right third of a sloped green. Hammered the putt with about 6 feet of L-R break. It fell in with nothing to spare. Then my buddy drained an uphill 25 footer for his birdie right after that.

Best shot though came after we had stopped keeping score on #16. My wife had sort of hit the wall as far as her swing & endurance would allow. The course was swampy with 6" rough everywhere so it was a struggle to find any ball not in the fairway or on the green. I had tried to cut a dogleg not realising the entire area around the corner was standing water. It looked like they were in the middle of a drainage project when we got 3" of rain last week. With my tee ball lost, I dropped one on the forward tee box after our wives had played and took aim from 230 yards. Drilled my 5 wood just over the front bunker, the ball stopped pin high, about 15 feet left of the hole. Didn't make the putt but my wife was quite impressed. :clapp:

Drained a downhill 30 footer from the fringe for birdie. Really turned my round around and jump started a strong back 9.

Third shot 30-foot pitch went in for a birdie. Later, approach shot to a par 5 bounced off rocks bordering a water hazard and onto the green. Whew.... Two putts for par.

2nd out of the bunker on the par 3 3rd. Downhill, narrow green, fast with 20 ft to the pin. Partner on my line just on the green, 5 ft from my ball putted before I played to avoid my sand splash getting in his line, hit a pretty good putt that trickled off the green on the far side of the hole, did I mention it was slick and downhill? Baby splash with my Ping Gorge SW just on the green, trickled down and dropped on the last turn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in a 4-man scramble today and a par 4 that was right at 300 yards from the tee. I went #BerthaLong just short of the green and split two bunkers on the way. We lipped out our chip for eagle.

After hitting a knuckle ball tee shot that went nowhere I hit a 5 wood straight uphill from 200 to 4'. Birdie the hard way.

Best Shot Of Your Round

From 150 yds out with a 20mph wind in my face. Threw the ball up in the air and stuck at 3ft for birdie.
nudu6y3y.jpg

560yd par 5. Pushed my drive into the right rough onto a sidehill lie. 250yd left to a shallow elevated green with a back right pin. Green is guarded on the right half by a deep bunker. Flushed my 3W into a 10mph hurting left-to-right wind. Wind pushed my ball about 5yd left of the bunker, one hop on the fringe and followed the slope of the green to set up a 15 footer for eagle (which I lipped out).

As soon as I made contact I knew I hit the exact shot I had visualized. Love that feeling. Even the guys that I waited to clear the green waited around to congratulate me on my shot. It was part of a spectacular ballstriking day, en route to a +2, 72. Too bad I missed 8 birdie putts of no longer than 10'...

Had the ultimate wind and roll assured drive. Probably rolled 50 yards and 20mph tailwind resulted in 350 yarder, the good news is I actually converted it to a bird with chip and putt!

I had a few really nice shots today, but two stand out.

On the first hole, I laid up to 100 yards on a Par 5 but over Drew my shot. I ended up next to a fairway bunker, and I couldn't take a normal stance. I had to choke down on an AW and set up with the ball a few inches behind my back foot. I hit a low punch that drew into the hole and came to rest about 10 feet from the cup. I was pretty proud of that one.

Second shot was a drive that I hit hard and that received a couple fortunate bounces. The hole was a 492 Par 5, and I had 120 left to the hole.

It was downhill, and I had a hard first bounce, but it was tagged. Pretty cool to see.

Forgot that I also holed a bunker shot for birdie today as well

Chipped on for Eagle from the back side of the green on a 519yd par 5.

91 yards, 58* wedge to 6 inches for easy birdie

Today I hit good approach shots on two consecutive holes. I was left with a 2-foot putt for birdie on each hole. I missed the first birdie but made the second. I felt bad after missing the first, because I don't make a lot of birdies. And I think I felt worse after making the second because it could have been two consecutive birdies, which would be a big deal for me. But I was pleased with the approach shots.

Par 3 18th hole. Lasered the pin at 176, hole is slightly uphill. Took out my 7 iron (got to love the distance increase with the Speedblades) and knocked it to 8 feet. Sunk the birdie putt. Great way to finish a round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back