Lie angle too up on down?

BillNorCal

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm at the range today hitting off of grass. The divots are almost always triangular.

I'm right handed and if you took a rectangle and laid it on the grass with the long side parallel to your target line then trace a line from the bottom left corner to the top right corner and deleted the bottom triangle, you would have my divot.

Is this the result of a lie angle that is too upright or too flat?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Bill

If I read this right, it sounds like more heel than toe which would make it too upright. What's your ball flight? And to make certain of your situation you can walk into any big box store and use an impact board for free fyi

If I read this right, it sounds like more heel than toe which would make it too upright. What's your ball flight? And to make certain of your situation you can walk into any big box store and use an impact board for free fyi

I would let the store decide if that's OK. Ask, don't assume.

I would let the store decide if that's OK. Ask, don't assume.

Ha, that's true. Definitely check in first, but I would be floored if you found a place that got uppity about you hitting on a lie board a couple times

Ha, that's true. Definitely check in first, but I would be floored if you found a place that got uppity about you hitting on a lie board a couple times
I agree. Too many of them are surprised they even have a lie board. way too many don't even know what a lie board is.

It sounds like too upright from the description that you gave.

There is no way of tell what is causing this issue. If you want to check your lie angle at home. Take a golf ball, a sharpie and have at it. Draw a one inch line on your golf ball. Set the golf ball down on the ground so the line is facing the club face. You want the line, that you drew, in the middle of the face. The line should also sit flush with the ground. The idea it to leave a mark on the face of the club. If it leans toward the toe you are too flat, if it leans toward the heal, you are too upright. If the line leans one way of the other, might I suggest you head to your local shop for an adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way of tell what is causing this issue. If you want to check your lie angle at home. Take a golf ball, a sharpie and have at it. Draw a one inch line on your golf ball. Set the golf ball down on the ground so the line is facing the club face. You want the line, that you drew, in the middle of the face. The line should also sit flush with, and perpendicular to the ground. The idea it to leave a mark on the face of the club. If it leans toward the toe you are too flat, if it leans toward the heal, you are too upright. If the line leans one way of the other, might I suggest you head to your local shop for an adjustment.

Added just to eliminate any confusion.

Thank you. Will double check.

Back