Mizuno MP-5 - THP Review Thread

Congrats. I haven't hit mines yet due to the rain, but will try the range tonight. How far do you hit your 7-iron? C-Tapers are pretty stiff from its torque numbers already, so hitting a 130g X flex is quite beefy. I hit my 7-iron about 158-160 carry distance during the fitting, which is what I usually hit my 7 around. I try to follow the rule of swinging the lightest club you can control.

carry with my 7 iron here in Alberta at 3500 ft of elevation is 180 yards.

Played 2 sim rounds today. First with apex pros (shot 81 or 82) second with mp5 (71). Perhaps I just got used to the sim golf on the second round but I felt better swinging the mp5 today

Played 2 sim rounds today. First with apex pros (shot 81 or 82) second with mp5 (71). Perhaps I just got used to the sim golf on the second round but I felt better swinging the mp5 today
Hit 'em Tiger.

They really truly are special. Or maybe they just make us feel Great.

Lovely set.

You'll be knocking down flags all year.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hit them on the range for the first time today. Pretty solid. Couple thin ones as I seem to shy off hitting down on the ball on range mats for some reason. But when I keep down on it, these are sweet! Distance is right there where it should be. Can't wait to get the new mp-t5 wedges in and then the bag will be set for the year!

Track man session session on this snowy day with my new mp5's. They are shafted with ctaper 130x ssx1. Love them.

I hit a fade. But I am trying to straighten it out a bit over the winter. Need some work on that, have a lesson coming up here soon.

I played with these at a local Mizuno outdoor demo day and I really enjoyed the short irons in the set. Mid irons were nice as well but I could tell I was stretching my abilities, and the long irons I just couldn't launch with my puny swing.

Overall though these are so nice!

I've been playing these for 6 months or so now and they are no harder/easier to hit than any other club I've played. They actually spin less than my Hogan PTx irons did even though my MP-5's have lighter/softer shafts in them. They have not effected my handicap at all (haven't got better or worse overall). And they look and feel better than most clubs I've played.

That being said, distance/club speed isn't an issue for me so I could see these being harder to play if you need help in the launch/distance category.

After 2 years of solid, pure enjoyment. No other clubs in my possession provide me with as much joy and satisfaction as the MP5's Irons.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the love affair has officially ended.

The MP-20's MB are just too sexy to resist.
de8273c8edcc42ef72d63f7b7ad4e083.jpg

Unfortunately the love affair has officially ended.

The MP-20's MB are just too sexy to resist.
de8273c8edcc42ef72d63f7b7ad4e083.jpg

those sticks are ??

Back