Sky Marks, Who Cares?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I'll preface this by saying I have never put a sky mark on a club, so I never gave it much thought.

Recently I let my buddy Josh try out my beloved 21° 913h, when he returned it, it had a big ol' scratch right on the center lip of the crown. I wasn't angry, as I let him borrow it, and I didn't give it a second thought.

That club was my absolute go to for 200yard shots from the fairway or the rough. It worked like a charm every time.

Since it received its scar, I can't hit it to save my life! As of today, I have decided to take it out of the bag altogether.

Is this psychological? Is that blemish distracting me? What the heck is going on?

Do sky marks bother you?

They bother me big time. Part of the reason I have a mental hurdle about teeing the ball high with the driver.

Can't recall ever playing a club with one but don't think it would bother to the point where it would impact my performance with the club.

I'll preface this by saying I have never put a sky mark on a club, so I never gave it much thought.

Recently I let my buddy Josh try out my beloved 21° 913h, when he returned it, it had a big ol' scratch right on the center lip of the crown. I wasn't angry, as I let him borrow it, and I didn't give it a second thought.

That club was my absolute go to for 200yard shots from the fairway or the rough. It worked like a charm every time.

Since it received its scar, I can't hit it to save my life! As of today, I have decided to take it out of the bag altogether.

Is this psychological? Is that blemish distracting me? What the heck is going on?

Do sky marks bother you?

It sounds mental to me but good news is a little paint will fix the problem for you. In you area I'm sure there are plenty of golf shops that can take care of this for you.

I would absolutely hate it, but I doubt it would have any mental effect on its performance.

Of course they bother me. Why eff up the paint on a nice piece of equipment?

They bother me big time. Part of the reason I have a mental hurdle about teeing the ball high with the driver.
Bingo! And ever since I skied my R11, I've had protectors on my metalwoods. Protects beauty AND resale value. Now that they don't produce anymore, I may have to risk swinging bare on future clubs.

They bother the heck out of me...and all my woods have one or two.
I find once I get the first one I cease to care and just let 'er rip after that.

I've never had to deal with it. I let my buddy hit my driver just a few weeks ago and he told me he was too nervous to swing it freely as he thought he might sky it. He showed me his driver... OMG, had I seen it before I offered to let him try mine I would've never dreamed of offering mine.

I can only remember doing it with my TM RBZ2 hybrid after hitting it out of the rough. Luckily, a little Wite-Out fixed that spot.

Sometimes I think about asking somebody to hit one of their clubs and then I think about messing it up, even when it's only a remote chance of actually doing it.

Bothers me to no end. That is why I have head covers on my woods. I don't want any undue marks on the crowns of my woods.
While I know it happens, I hate it.

I hate sky marks, so I'm the never let anyone hit my clubs but me guy.

They don't bother me. I don't much like it, but sometimes a remind not to swing like an idiot is a small price to pay.

Do sky marks bother you?

Send it to Continental Golf ( http://www.continentalgolf.net/) they will refinish the club for you.

Do sky marks bother you?

It's not psychological. The sky mark physically prevents you from clean contact. Is this really a serious question?

To to answer the question, it used to bother me until someone said to me that you're hitting balls out of dirt and rocks and your clubs are gonna get scratched.

I look at it like scratches and dings on a car.

I hate sky marks especially when others make them for me.

I hate sky marks especially when others make them for me.
I cringe when people hit my stuff. I mean if it happens it happens, I just don't want to see it

I've never sky marked a club either, and I'm the same way in that I wouldn't be able to play the club again! When I tell a friend "you sky it, you buy it", they know I'm serious!!!

I think if someone skied a club of mine I'd just give it to them, it would kill me to look down on a big ole sky mark.

I think if someone skied a club of mine I'd just give it to them, it would kill me to look down on a big ole sky mark.

I'll keep that in mind for our next round

Oohhhh, Marc got a brand new turbolauncher 5000, I've been wanting one. Hey can I hit that real quick... Oh no what have I done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't bother me at all. I played them before and I focus so much on the ball I never notice the crown at address.

I cringe when people hit my stuff. I mean if it happens it happens, I just don't want to see it
Its why I operate on a hit whatever of mine you want, but if you sky it you WILL buy it policy.

And, at events I usually tape the hell out of my woods toplines.

Back