Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Update
THP Review can be found here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/mizuno-jpx-ez-irons-review/

We’ve seen the JPX-EZ Forged irons for 2016, now time to take a look at the non-forged version. These irons are aimed at more the mid to high handicap players, with more offset, thicker topline, wider soles, longer blade, and more offset. All of these will help a player get the ball up in the air, along with helping out on those misses. Mizuno feels that this is an incredibly forgiving iron. Some good tech in them that should help lead them to becoming a good point and shoot iron. An interesting note is the number placement. It’s out on the toe, which is a departure from their normal setup, this is because of how thin they have made the sole. In my opinion the finish is spectacular. I really like the two-tone finish on the top line, in person it helps mask how thick it is.

From Mizuno

The JPX EZ combines the amazing distance from our Hot Metal face design with the unbelievable forgiveness of our Power Frame Dual Pocket construction.
Along with the ease of launch trajectory, the JPX EZ delivers amazing feel through Mizuno’s Harmonic Impact Technology (H.I.T.).
TECH SPECS

• POWER FRAMETM Dual Pocket. Dual Pocket construction POWERFRAMETM design delivers unmatched stability and extreme forgiveness.
  • Hot Metal COR design. A dual pocket cavity and a multi-thickness face design for maximum ball speeds to deliver long consistent distance.
  • Harmonic Impact Technology (H.I.T.). Mizuno’s scientific technology to fine tune sound and feel
  • Black Ni finish. An anti-glare finish for a sleek bold look.

i-Zfr93Kw-L.jpg

i-RrJdfJV-L.jpg

Randoms

i-kgLzMgG-L.jpg

i-tXvp8jq-L.jpg

i-dJm5tJ5-L.jpg

i-Dt5SX8p-L.jpg

i-xvmG3Vt-L.jpg

i-qrpFKgg-L.jpg

i-dwdfbM4-L.jpg

i-xgwqtzX-L.jpg

5/7/9 Topline

i-NnR4nMT-L.jpg

Undercut - 5
i-n9xmBXZ-L.jpg

Undercut - 7
i-SNQzd8d-L.jpg

Undercut - 9

i-HWFRG55-L.jpg

i-F9cLc53-L.jpg

i-V8w8XKc-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look REALLY good Ddec

Playing the previous version and real interested in your thoughts on these. I got used to the orange badging because they worked so well for me. These are very nice looking irons, hopefully with the same characteristics.

Those look 1,000,000 times better than the last version.

• Staff
Those look 1,000,000 times better than the last version.

completely agree. They will be getting some swings after work.

completely agree. They will be getting some swings after work.

Would really like to see them side by side with the Forged.

• Staff
Would really like to see them side by side with the Forged.

I happen to know a guy. Might be able to make that happen.

they look very good, its nice to see that they learned from last year's mistakes in the looks department.

A huge improvement in the aesthetics of this iteration of the EZ. One thing that caught my eye was the negative bounce on the 4 and 5 irons. Is that unprecedented?

A huge improvement in the aesthetics of this iteration of the EZ. One thing that caught my eye was the negative bounce on the 4 and 5 irons. Is that unprecedented?

they were like that in the previous version too.

they were like that in the previous version too.

Interesting, I've never seen that. Thankfully you'll get some great insight to see how it works!

These look really nice. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I'm not averse to playing a "chunky" iron, and these look SO much better than the previous model (which I also liked a lot from a performance standpoint).

Wow, they look fantastic. And is that a two-tone top line? That was my all time favorite feature of an iron set I played a year ago…

DPC, huh? :act-up:

Good bit of offset that's for sure. Clean look though and I like that stock shaft.

Those scream "high, long, and straight". Looks forward to your thoughts, ddec.

Now these have my attention! Really loving the new looks of these. And can't wait to hear if they are an improvement over the last version.

they play great,,,,,,,,..

these are on my short list. so sexxxxy

Ok, my hit list is growing. Was thinking about 716 AP1, Ping ie1 and now the new JPZ-EZ. I like the looks of these over last years. Only concern would be the offset.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I love the number on the toe like that...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ok, my have to hit list is growing. Was thinking about 716 AP1, Ping ie1 and now the new JPZ-EZ. I like the looks of these over last years. Only concern would be the offset.

These three plus one or two more. I'm super interesting in these EZs. I hit the previous versions but got better performance from a less forgiving club in Mizuno's line up as I was swinging quite well at the time. I'd like to find a club that can perform well for my poor swings too!

Just getting off the course. In the last 3 days these have had 1 range session and 54 holes of golf. Need to get some thoughts down and will certainly update later on.

OK, as I said earlier today, 54 holes in and 1 good range session. Gives me a good feeling about what these irons are all about.

First, let's talk about the size. They are bigger than the EZ Forged, and that makes sense because they are targeted at a slightly higher handicap player. They have a wide sole, and a long blade length. Mentioned early about the two-tone finish and how it masks the size of them a bit, and it does. Setting up to the ball with them, you get a sense of confidence.

Ballfight is high, which I love about them. The ball moves very slightly once airborne, so it's not something I'd be going at as a very workable iron when going side to side. Changing the flight high/low was a bit easier than I expected going off their design. Forgives is without a doubt present too. My normal iron miss is low and toe, and believe me I saw my share of them. However the penalty for the miss was more than manageable. Distance was solid. Nothing earth shattering to report on that so far, but will get some monitor time this week at some point to get a better look at that.

Mizuno did a great job with the sound of these IMO which translates to a nice feel. Not as "clicky" as I was anticipating.

With some soft conditions over the weekend I did struggle a bit with shots being heavy. The sole design did a good job to prevent digging, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had some massive divots. More swing than club on those, but figured I'd throw them out.

Back