Building A Second Bag - Just For Fun

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
This season some of the guys I play skins with decided we should each put together a bag of clubs that have to be at least 10 years old and then play some of our rounds with those clubs. It was fun and to tell the truth, outside of driver (length & accuracy) I played just about as well as with my current clubs.

We just decided to do it again for next year at 5 years old or more, but the new bag has to be all one brand and for me being a Callaway guy, it can't be Callaway for me. I have decided on Titleist because I have owned very few of their clubs. My biggest issue is I know very little about the current line(s), let alone the past stuff.

I just bought a set of 1999/2000 DCI 990 irons with TT S300 shafts. I'm not really a stiff shaft guy and the clubs are 1 inch over standard, so I'll have to cut them down. Is there anything I can do to make them play softer?

I also will want a 3 & 5 wood as well as maybe a hybrid or two in the 3 & 4 iron slot. Wedges is no problem as I do know Vokey wedges pretty well.

Forgiveness in the woods and hybrids, as well as driver would be nice. I know I need at least 12 degrees of driver loft. Any ideas on woods and hybrids?

Back