The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you guys have whatever the heck kind of flu I had over the Christmas break. It's absolute hell.

Hoping you all get better soon!

The Doc (wife) just said she'll beat my arse if I get sick.

I don't see how that will help, but whatever.
Go to the doctor, tell him you spent a week with a group of people who all came down with the flu and ask for Tamiflu. Taken within 48 hours of symptom onset will reduce the duration of the flu.

Oddly enough, the flu this year is striking younger adults (21-35) more viciously than children or the aged.

Appendicitis it is! Luckily caught it before it burst. She is headed to the OR soon, looks like a long night for this dude

Appendicitis it is! Luckily caught it before it burst. She is headed to the OR soon, looks like a long night for this dude

That's brutal man, best wishes for her. She'll be alright though!

At least you have tapatalk! Hope your phone is charged!

Sorry to hear that, again I'll keep you and her in my thoughts, glad they caught it before it burst.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good luck to your gf TH, glad it was caught early

I'm just counting until I'm sick, being that we were all in close proximity for a week, its bound to happen.

That and my mind is already starting to eff with me about it.

Go to the doctor, tell him you spent a week with a group of people who all came down with the flu and ask for Tamiflu. Taken within 48 hours of symptom onset will reduce the duration of the flu.

Oddly enough, the flu this year is striking younger adults (21-35) more viciously than children or the aged.

THIS!!! It does help lessen the blow! If you start feeling bad, they won't even test you if you tell them the people you were around last week all have it. They will start you on it asap!

This is by far the worst I have ever felt from a sickness and I am on the tail end I think (its been 3 days). I just put GG in bed and she was in tears her body hurts so much.

I have never had a flu shot, but know I will get one from here on out.

Sorry to hear this guys. It is no fun. Our 5 year old got it but luckily had the flu shot and Tamiflu in time to lessen the blow and was out for about 2 days. This stuff is taking out young boys and girls so it's serious that people get medical attention if it's getting worse.

At the ER with my girlfriend.. They think she might have appendicitis

Geeezee, what a day. I've had mine taken out. She'll be gassy for a few days but the pain meds will do wonders. Will be thinking about you 2.

Thanks for the T&P's guys.

She got out of surgery about 11:30 and is now out of recovery and in a room. Her mom just arrived so I am about to head home and get some sleep before work tomorrow. She seems to be doing well

Thanks for the T&P's guys.

She got out of surgery about 11:30 and is now out of recovery and in a room. Her mom just arrived so I am about to head home and get some sleep before work tomorrow. She seems to be doing well

Man, Taylor. Sorry to hear about the ordeal. Glad she is alright and you were able to get a little sleep.

hy4amyma.jpg

Something doesn't add up here from a purely common sense aspect of things.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hy4amyma.jpg

Something doesn't add up here from a purely common sense aspect of things.

I had to go to Drum to teach a class a couple years ago, and those guys are complete idiots. They had 23" of snow and plowed the roads enough for people to move around, but didn't plow any of the parking lots, so there was like 5' of snow blocking everything. And they still operated on normal schedule and expected people to come in for PT, when noone could get off the roads to park.

I told my boss I will only go back to Drum in the summer time. Luckily, they hired a pretty good guy to teach AFATDS up there shortly after that, so I don't see myself having to go back up there anytime soon.

I had to go to Drum to teach a class a couple years ago, and those guys are complete idiots. They had 23" of snow and plowed the roads enough for people to move around, but didn't plow any of the parking lots, so there was like 5' of snow blocking everything. And they still operated on normal schedule and expected people to come in for PT, when noone could get off the roads to park.

I told my boss I will only go back to Drum in the summer time.

They really do operate like a group of idiots here.

Look at how HOOAH we are! It's in the negatives, the roads are frozen with more than a foot of snow on the roads in some places. Most soldiers can't get in or out of a parking lot. BUT WE'RE COMING TO WORK JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DAY!!!!

And then they wonder why they have cars lined up in ditches and/or missing front fenders everywhere you look.

Screw soldiers safety though. We've got an impression to make.

I'm not worried about myself. I work 1 measley mile from my place and my Jeep has no issues with multiple feet of snow. But I have soldiers who live 15-20 miles away and don't have 4x4 's, much like most other soldiers. Just irresponsible leadership. Pisses me off.

What's funny about that is XVIII Airborne Corp HQ's announced that Bragg will be closed yesterday morning, which is totally out of character for the high speed Airborne HQ's. But Drum has to be more hardcore than their HQs because they're "Mountain" Soldiers. I see that attitude all the time here with the 82nd guys as well because they're "Airborne".

I still have 50 year old retirees I work with that are all gaga about being Airborne. There's two of us there that were Air Assault as well, so we mess with them all the time about how any idiot can get pushed out of a plane, but you have to actually be able to think to slingload cargo under a Chinook.

A little off topic, but one day we were looking at student numbers in a meeting and Ft. Campbell had reported 0 failures from any class. The boss said "I think Campbell is doing a little bit of fudging with their numbers", to which I responded "Or maybe it's just that Air Assault Soldiers are smarter?"......... You can imagine the looks I got being surrounded by retired Airborne guys, but they couldn't say anything back to me.

What's funny about that is XVIII Airborne Corp HQ's announced that Bragg will be closed yesterday morning, which is totally out of character for the high speed Airborne HQ's. But Drum has to be more hardcore than their HQs because they're "Mountain" Soldiers. I see that attitude all the time here with the 82nd guys as well because they're "Airborne".

I still have 50 year old retirees I work with that are all gaga about being Airborne. There's two of us there that were Air Assault as well, so we mess with them all the time about how any idiot can get pushed out of a plane, but you have to actually be able to think to slingload cargo under a Chinook.

A little off topic, but one day we were looking at student numbers in a meeting and Ft. Campbell had reported 0 failures from any class. The boss said "I think Campbell is doing a little bit of fudging with their numbers", to which I responded "Or maybe it's just that Air Assault Soldiers are smarter?"......... You can imagine the looks I got being surrounded by retired Airborne guys, but they couldn't say anything back to me.

Well as a double stacked guy I can say undoubtedly that Air Assault school took a lot more brains than Airborne school did.

Also, I've never jumped since I got my wings. 5 jump chump right here. But I did my fair share of sling loading and plenty of verticle insertions throughout my career. Air Assault is definitely the more useful of the two as well.

I really don't like that I have to be a hard ass at times when I'm at work. It's not really in my nature, but sometimes it just has to be done.

That's great they caught it in time and praying for your girl friend to have a quick recovery!

Basically the entire city of Atlanta is shut down. Snow/ice on roads isn't going anywhere.

People were stuck on highways for 12+ hours yesterday. I'm still not sure if everything is clear at this point. It appears the city/state learned nothing from when the city was iced over three years ago.

Just amazing and incredibly sad. I've never been so happy to not live in the suburbs.

Basically the entire city of Atlanta is shut down. Snow/ice on roads isn't going anywhere.

People were stuck on highways for 12+ hours yesterday. I'm still not sure if everything is clear at this point. It appears the city/state learned nothing from when the city was iced over three years ago.

Just amazing and incredibly sad. I've never been so happy to not live in the suburbs.

Yup its insane.. I have a couple employees that just got home from trying to pick up their kids after work letting out at 3pm yesterday . Governor called state of emergency. Oh and my regional is in town and we were suppose to do ride along today.. Waiting now to hear of my sites will be closed today. Not exactly safe to drive my camaro on the ice...

-Sent from my S4 Active using taptalk

Hmm, I did t know Georgia was that bad, I better text a buddy I know down there make sure him and his wife are safe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I found out this morning that not only did the FAA delay sending in my retirement paperwork to OPM by three weeks, but they also managed to omit several minor details...you know, like my CORRECT ADDRESS, phone number, and Direct Deposit info!! :angry:

Currently stuck in my apartment in Kennesaw because of Atlanta Winter Storm 2014. Literally living of Pizza Rolls and Mountain Dew. Tried to help as many people that were stuck as possible. It was just chaos. Still is chaos. I'm about to go walk out there and help whoever I can.

Just to put it in perspective, my brother got out of his HS at 1:45. His 10 min. drive home took 2-3 hours. Insane. So, I'm sorry I really haven't been posting. Along with this, Life hasn't been too kind to me lately and I've been ridiculously busy. This winter storm hasn't helped.

Sorry JT. Let me know if I can help with anything.

I spent the morning trying to push cars up the hills around my house. everything covered with a sheet of ice. I can see why the interstates were gridlocked overnight.

Seriously, photos/videos of interstates looked like scenes from The Walking Dead. Amazing how incompetent the city and state were/are at responding. It's two freaking inches of snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back