Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Buck, good reply. This will keep going in circles and no doubt someone's feelings will get hurt so maybe best left at that?

Well, we had a bomb threat this morning for the jr/sr high school and 2 other places and a carjacking/kidnapping a week or two ago. Usually pretty quiet around here, that is a lot going on for a town of 8,000ish. It's time to stop making excuses and start EDCing. I have plenty of open carry options if need be but think I'm gonna order a Foxx IWB for my PPQ. I already have a Remora for my PF9. Downside is I'll also have to update my wardrobe. There isn't enough room to be stuffing a gun in my jeans now...

pacifists are confusing to me
pacifism only works if everyone around you is a pacifist
the moment an aggressor enters the picture... pacifism no longer works
because the aggressor does not believe in that philosophy and will do anything he can/wants to do regardless of the actions of others

even mahatma gandhi... the ultimate pacifist btw... believed very strongly in self preservation/defense
i paraphrase but he said that if the people of india were armed then the british would not have oppressed them

now lemme get to the point
a criminal does not give a crap about you or who you voted for or what laws you want to pass or what guns you want banned even if you want all of them banned
even though police cars have "to protect and serve" on some of their cars... its not necessarily true
the same with the government
most police are not there to prevent crimes but to basically clean up after they have already been commited
just look at stalking laws... they have changed alot

as the sayings go...
when seconds count the police are minutes away
i'd rather have them and not need them than to need them and not have them

there are literally hundreds of news stories about violent assaults against defenseless innocents
these people are unarmed and were still viciously attacked regardless of complying with the assailants requests
im not in as good a shape as i was when i was much younger so i cant take a beating the way i did back in the day... and i definitely dont wanna get shot by some thug
a weapon is an equalizer and thats all that it is

Thanks Buck, good reply. This will keep going in circles and no doubt someone's feelings will get hurt so maybe best left at that?

Until the next time you bring it up?

No I won't.
BUT I do think the 2'nd amendment needs changed.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns....

Back on topic, thinking of picking up another carry. No real ideas yet but I might as well.

Back on topic, thinking of picking up another carry. No real ideas yet but I might as well.

I recently picked up a S&W M&P shield in .40. Luv it for cc.

I recently picked up a S&W M&P shield in .40. Luv it for cc.

I love the M&P line, plus the ability to upgrade the internals with apex tactical parts makes the M&P line a versatile choice

As a pacifist, I prefer the Hk p7-psp for carry.

I wasn't sure about the Smith when I got it other than the size and dims fitting what I was looking for, but it continues to impress me. So glad I opted to buy it

I wasn't sure about the Smith when I got it other than the size and dims fitting what I was looking for, but it continues to impress me. So glad I opted to buy it

Mine was one of many that had a terrible trigger pull, all of that is history now.

I picked it over the Glock 23, which was cheaper Now I feel really confident about my M&P

I was carrying a G19. I was actually looking at a G33 and changed my mind at the last minute due to the single stack. While I love my Glocks the Shield has its place among them for me. My trigger is good.

think ill go to the range tomorrow. been itching to put some holes in some paper

I was carrying a G19. I was actually looking at a G33 and changed my mind at the last minute due to the single stack. While I love my Glocks the Shield has its place among them for me. My trigger is good.

Yeah the shield trigger is typically better, glad you like it. I still will buy a Glock 23 later in life

M&P Shield 9mm is never far from me, it fits so many occasions.

Well, we had a bomb threat this morning for the jr/sr high school and 2 other places and a carjacking/kidnapping a week or two ago. Usually pretty quiet around here, that is a lot going on for a town of 8,000ish. It's time to stop making excuses and start EDCing. I have plenty of open carry options if need be but think I'm gonna order a Foxx IWB for my PPQ. I already have a Remora for my PF9. Downside is I'll also have to update my wardrobe. There isn't enough room to be stuffing a gun in my jeans now...

Aegis Armory Holster + wilderness 5 stitch belt and my PPQ is a breeze to carry.

My PPQ and Shield have kept the Glocks at bay for a bit, but the new G30S is going to be my next purchase and my first Glock.

Just got back from the range sighting in my Sako A7 30-06. Good time with the brother in law. He has a sweet Browning x-bolt chambered in .270 win mag. Then about a 100 or so rounds through the Pt1911 and about 50 through the cw9. A good day.

swing your swing

Just got back from the range sighting in my Sako A7 30-06. Good time with the brother in law. He has a sweet Browning x-bolt chambered in .270 win mag. Then about a 100 or so rounds through the Pt1911 and about 50 through the cw9. A good day.

swing your swing

Sako's are sweet! I have my grandfather's old Sako Forrester in a .243. Still a very accurate rifle.

I miss my old rifle, I used to have a Sako in .270 cal when I was still living in South Africa and used it to put down a lot of animals on my uncles farms in South Africa. He had 2 farms, one was mainly dairy and about 1000 hectares, the other though was about 7500 hectares and was largely untamed. We had free run on it and would be allowed to perform a cull once a year. Other times we could go and shoot for the table or for making biltong (kinda like jerky). Ah the good old days.

I miss my old rifle, I used to have a Sako in .270 cal when I was still living in South Africa and used it to put down a lot of animals on my uncles farms in South Africa. He had 2 farms, one was mainly dairy and about 1000 hectares, the other though was about 7500 hectares and was largely untamed. We had free run on it and would be allowed to perform a cull once a year. Other times we could go and shoot for the table or for making biltong (kinda like jerky). Ah the good old days.
what were some of the things you hunted and ate?

i bet africa has unbelievable wildlife. wonder how they taste

You don't have to travel all the way to africa to harvest an african animal. There are a lot of ranches in texas that have exotic animals from africa that you can hunt.

what were some of the things you hunted and ate?

Bushbuck, impala, reedbuck, duiker, waterbuck, bush pig and monkeys. Admittedly the monkeys weren't for our table but we took care of them as part of the farm was a banana plantation and a troop of monkeys can do a lot of damage in very little time. We used to give the monkeys to the farm workers and they'd eat them as well as use their parts for traditional medicine. There was a ton of wildlife on the farm from snakes to serval cats, porcupine, cane rats (google it) and the list goes on. I had a friend in boarding school who's dad owned a massive game farm type setup where tourists would go to shoot and pay a lot of money to do so. We used to get access to it from time to time and that was unreal! As for the taste of the animals, hard to describe but incredibly strong gamy flavour and the meat was always super lean. By far my favourite wild meats were warthog and porcupine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back