#TheKing Is Here - 3rd Contest

For me it's all about developing those things I am weakest at first (Long irons & Hybrids), then make the things I'm proficent at even better (putter, wedge, short game). I need to work on more distance off the tee, but pretty happy with what I've already gained this year as long as I'm hitting fw's.

Beyond that its more time with social media to take care of and rep these companies who support me.

Lol this turned into #TheKing prep thread
Still the third contest thread. But since entries were closed I thought I'd ask. Being prepared will be a major factor in this event. Looks like quite a few are ready to get it on.

#TheKing Is Here - 3rd Contest

Still the third contest thread. But since entries were closed I thought I'd ask. Being prepared will be a major factor in this event. Looks like quite a few are ready to get it on.

Oh I know Freddie. There wasn't any underlining to what I said. Just liked how you asked a question and it took off that's all. If I would have known it would take off like that I would have given a serious answer lol

I'm getting it on regardless of getting in or not-

I will play better

I will score better

Because I want to be the best I can be next season.

My way to prepare is just to play more golf. With two kids and a wife that works second shift its hard to make it out sometimes. My oldest is on the edge of being old enough to go to the course with me so I really hope to get out at least once a week from march/april through the end of the season. Nothing can help my game like actually getting a chance to play.

Good thing I am not afraid to play in 40ish degree weather all winter here in GA. Heck, I was doing E6 testing with frost on the ground.

#ImWithHarry

Some great stuff from the #imwithchad crew, you guys will be just fine. The #imwithharry guys, might want another game plan.

But out seriously, I'm glad so many chimed in. Report THP and Callaway as well as your side will be key. Having fun will be paramount.

I think the #ImWithHarry strategy is "Seriously, we're playing TeamChad. We've already won." But, your concern is noted.

I'm really hoping to make a strong run to get into theKing and/or the Morgan Cup. If I'm successful, my strength and stamina has to improve a great deal as well as my golf game. After playing all week in Myrtle, and then playing 36 on Saturday at the Gauntlet, this became crystal clear to me. So, I've put a plan together to get this old body stronger and more fit, and a swing training plan targeted for TheKing in April to improve my weaknesses (fairway metals and rescues) and tighten up the irons. #bringit!

#ImWithHarry

I am really pulling for you buddy, would be great to see an "old coot" repping us.

I am really pulling for you buddy, would be great to see an "old coot" repping us.

I agree 100% ^^^^^^^^^ for Ken. Don't neglect to throw your name in the hat too!

Ken, I thought you did a fine job of hanging after all those holes that week.
I was exhausted and you played the preceding few days before I even got to Sarasota; not to mention travel time.
Your physicality impresses me. I'm not trying to age you beyond your years, of course, just think for your age, you're way ahead of the curve.
I would love to see you in one of these events, taking it to the youngins.

Good luck everyone, what a great freaking event ahead for some lucky THPERS

I agree 100% ^^^^^^^^^ for Ken. Don't neglect to throw your name in the hat too!

Thanks Bill. And Randy did throw his name in and his tweet was quite good......not as good as mine, of course, but quite good. :act-up: I'd love to see both of us get in when the dust settles. It's a long shot, I know, but one never knows.

I was exhausted and you played the preceding few days before I even got to Sarasota; not to mention travel time.
Your physicality impresses me. I'm not trying to age you beyond your years, of course, just think for your age, you're way ahead of the curve.

Ken would be great in The King. The young guys won't know what hit them.

HaHa. You didn't see me on holes 28 through 36 on Saturday. My tongue was hanging out bro. And, I wanted so much to go down to the patio and hang with the guys Saturday night after dinner, but crawled into the crib instead. It was a good choice, because I felt really good for Sunday's round. But, I really do need to do this. It will probably add a few years to my ability to play this game. I've watched some of my peers really hit the wall at around this age, and others that are still gaming it good that are much older than I. But, THP events make me feel younger than I am, so I just keep wanting more and more.

We'll guys I am pulling for my mid-aged to get in. This approached to being over the hill has taken a hit with all these young guys. ;). Good luck to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#HarryPleasePickMe #NoBlowDryerNeededHere

This needs a bump, does not need to be on page 4!!!!

Any announcement on this yet? I would love to get in on some of this fun :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

No winners announced yet, I am sure it will be in the near future though.

All the MC excitement has drawn the attention away....Still excited to see who gets in to #TheKing! :)

I am still watching this with my fingers crossed :)

All the MC excitement has drawn the attention away....Still excited to see who gets in to #TheKing! :)

With the first contest to the MC I don't want anyone to forget about #theking!!!!

I agree, #TheKing will be epic

No doubt. Pretty sure #TheKing will be more than top of the list when all is said and done in 2014.

Although I'm also pretty excited for the "Love Is In The Air" event :)

Back