• Other

Votes: 18 18.4%

• Total voters

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been thinking about this a lot lately especially while watching Phil play really well this past week and contend for the win, and I wanted to pose the question to THP.

If you could be known for one part of the game of golf...what would it be? I mention Phil because if someone said "who is the best PGA tour pro with their wedges?" the vast majority of golf fans I would assume would say Phil pretty quickly. So if you had to pick from the following options, what would you want to be known for?

Ball striking/iron play
Putting
Wedges/Short game
Driving
Scrambling
Bunker play

Putting for sure

Short game. It's a lethal trait to have in match play (my favorite) and can save an otherwise poor round.

As much as I want to be known or remembered for a skill, I really want to be remember as the guy people want to golf with.

Scrambling

If I was know for scrambling, I would LOVE that. If people were to say, Agent Jay...even if he misses and fairway or a green, he almost always gets up and down. I'd take that ALL day long.

Other ... I want to be remembered as a nice, fun guy, to go have a relaxed round of golf with ...unfortunately I will probably best be known for my house striking ability ...:bulgy-eyes:

I voted other...it would be scoring. somehow some way to be able to post a number pretty or not.

leave it to THPers to go rouge on a question :alien:

Putting. Pouring in putts from all over the place is demoralizing in match play and takes care of a lot of issues scoring wise.

Short game for me, get it tight and putts will fall, plus everyone digs the spin game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short game for me, get it tight and putts will fall, plus everyone digs the spin game

Id like to be known as a ninja with a wedge. I want my opponents quaking as soon as I'm inside 125.

How about just someone people enjoyed playing golf with but being a great putter would be great!!

Wedges....short game can be deadly

I voted other...it would be scoring. somehow some way to be able to post a number pretty or not.

I almost put that as a choice. But that's a good one too

Putting because it's something that I've always been below average at for my index. I've been working with a putting instructor for the last year and he's finally getting me on the path to improvement. :act-up:

I chose putting, it if awesome to see long putts hit the center of the cup. Especially if you are saving a par.

Putting. Draining putt after putt can stick daggers in your opponent.

I chose putting because it's one of the aspects that can save a round along with wedge game.

Since all of the above isn't on the list I chose wedges.

Other - I wouldn't have to be the best at any one skill. I'd rather be just good enough in every category to be exceptional overall. Like Jordan Spieth.

Putting, you can save a round with some good putting.

To everyone saying putting, I appreciate the sentiment but is putting all that important?

You know who was the number one player on the PGA Tour in 2015 in strokes gained putting?

Aaron Baddelay.

Sexy ball flight.

Which is a nice way of saying "I've never seen a 4 iron hook THAT FAR left…"

Sexy ball flight.

Which is a nice way of saying "I've never seen a 4 iron hook THAT FAR left…"

Haha that made me laugh, Or carrying 250 yard fairway bunkers into a 20 mph wind

i voted "other." i just want to be known for having a good swing. i love the golf swing, and seeing somebody with a good golf swing warms the cockles of my heart. i want to be a heart cockle warmer.

Back