What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
44-39/83
11/14 FW
7/18 GIR
34 putts

Chilly/windy morning on a fair track with some tough greens. Started really blistering some drives on the back but only made 2 putts in the 7-10 foot range and they were for par or bogey. 2 doubles on the front, both par 3's. Fun time with THP'ers as always.

That's a good round and way to keep it low on the back.

Got out with Mulligan9111 today to try and work on some things to get ready for the Grandaddy, and while the score was nowhere near what I want to see (54/51), Tony was able to see some things in my swing that I really need to work on to get back to where I do want to be. The key takeaway for me was that my driver swing and my iron swing were drastically different, and while I'm having a lot of success with my irons, my driver is all over the place and this is one possible reason for that. Hybrids and irons were working well, but poor drives led to penalties and long holes and led to the higher score. Putting was off quite a bit, and I attribute that to greens that were a ton faster than what I'm used to playing on, and I was putting scared all day long. Overall, a throw away score, but some good take aways to work on over the next 3 weeks.

Something to build on dude. I've seen you drive the ball, so just get back to basics and you'll be fine.

46/39-85. Front nine was bleh. Back nine I started 5-3-5-3 (all pars) then put my tee shot on 14 into the woods. Three from the tee got me a double bogey 6, then I parred 15. Bogeyed 16 from jail off the tee, then parred #17, bogeyed 18.

An ESC 93 today. I can't believe how bad my game is right now. I had 28 putts on the back 9 alone. It is truly a humbling experience right now playing golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out with Mulligan9111 today to try and work on some things to get ready for the Grandaddy, and while the score was nowhere near what I want to see (54/51), Tony was able to see some things in my swing that I really need to work on to get back to where I do want to be. The key takeaway for me was that my driver swing and my iron swing were drastically different, and while I'm having a lot of success with my irons, my driver is all over the place and this is one possible reason for that. Hybrids and irons were working well, but poor drives led to penalties and long holes and led to the higher score. Putting was off quite a bit, and I attribute that to greens that were a ton faster than what I'm used to playing on, and I was putting scared all day long. Overall, a throw away score, but some good take aways to work on over the next 3 weeks.
It was fun as always playing with you today. Your iron and wedge game is really solid, just need to get that driver swing back.

I played pretty decent today considering I hadn't played in close to a month. I shot 39-40 and putted fairly well. I had it going on the back 9 and was 2 under through 14, but I think a combination of not eating all day as well as not playing in so long caused me to run out of gas. I just made some real bone headed swings the final 4 holes.

Overall it was a great day. Had some laughs for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

43/44 on my home course yesterday. 3 doubles on the front, 5 pars for the entire round and a ton of bogeys. I hit 6 fairways and 6 greens. Only had 1 really errant drive which did not result in a penalty but just couldn't get the iron game or the putting working well. I left 3 birdies and a few pars on the table due to putting. Lots of tap-in bogeys (yuck!)
No double bogeys on the back nine and only two 3-putts all day. Not a great score but I feel like I'm getting some problems under control.

Yesterday. 42/42 84.
Overall, pretty bad. No warm up. First tee ball goes OB leading to triple. Forgot my lob wedge, lowest wedge was 54. No birdies. Putted ok. Could not drive the ball worth a damn in the front. Triple on the back from a fairway bunker.
And the course pulled the pins while I was 130 out on 17 (#2 hcp hole).
This round reinforced that I need to warm up before a round.

Yesterday. 42/42 84.
Overall, pretty bad. No warm up. First tee ball goes OB leading to triple. Forgot my lob wedge, lowest wedge was 54. No birdies. Putted ok. Could not drive the ball worth a damn in the front. Triple on the back from a fairway bunker.
And the course pulled the pins while I was 130 out on 17 (#2 hcp hole).
This round reinforced that I need to warm up before a round.

Nice shooting for for all that going in though

38/48

Putting let me down big time on the back 9 and I was off in general.

What did you shoot today?

41. The swing felt so good today. Just didn't make many putts. One long lag putt from 40 feet to a kick in and one 15 foot or save were it for me as far as putts go. But I really like where my swing is. And I know that my putter can get hot

Shot a solid 79 with 3 birdies.

After taking off 3 months I couldn't believe how well I I played. Glad to just get out and hit the ball straight- amazing what a tempo can do for the swing

I had an 81 yesterday after almost whiffing with my Heavenwood on the second shot of the first hole and then having to pitch out sideways from the pot bunker in front of the green on the same hole.

I had 49 on the front today and then +2 on #10-12 when we decided to stop because we were already out there for more than 3 hours. I had about three good shots today and that was it so I wasn't upset that we split early.

45/37 today at my home course. Started with 3 doubles first 4 holes. Settled down and made some good swings. Just can't get birdie putts to drop lately...

45/37 today at my home course. Started with 3 doubles first 4 holes. Settled down and made some good swings. Just can't get birdie putts to drop lately...

Way to fight back man! Good after the turn!

44/44 for 88. Will ESC to 87. Just can't hit an iron anymore. Frustrating.

9 FWY, 7 GIR, 36 putts (four 3-putts), 3 penalties.
7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles, 1 quad.

44/44 for 88. Will ESC to 87. Just can't hit an iron anymore. Frustrating.

9 FWY, 7 GIR, 36 putts (four 3-putts), 3 penalties.
7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 doubles, 1 quad.
I'm in the exact same boat. Two weeks ago I was hitting my V4s the best I ever have and now I'm just praying not to shank the ball.

Lesson is needed.

sketchy 87

my irons have developed a slight fade and aren't going as far as I'm used to.

:Shrug:

46/47 - 93

So so day for me. Driver is starting to come around so that's good. Had a couple 3 putts today, which is uncharacteristic. No real mental errors in the short game, but I can see that is where I'll make up more shots than anywhere else. Getting up and down around the green would have knocked at least 6 shots off my round. Going to keep practicing my putting and chipping for the next 3 weeks. So much better than earlier this year, but still room to improve.

41/44 today. Just couldn't get off the tee that well today but scrambled by tail off. 10 pars today no birdies. Triple 8 on the 18th stung a good bit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

39. Only plus is that I figured out what I was doing wrong on hole #6 and finally got my iron distances back to normal. Had a good amount of putts end just outside the lip of the hole, so could have been a much better day. Frustrating but thats golf.

79 today m1 is still working great

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

38 - 39 - 77. Nothing spectacular like the eagle yesterday but played a pretty solid round. 2 birdies and nothing over bogey.

77 in a two man scramble. 30 mph gusts made the course very difficult. So did missing 6 putts within 5 feet

45 - 40 for a 85. Drove the ball well all day, but struggled with my approach shots and putting on the front 9. Back 9 was better with the irons and putting was marginally better. Regardless it was a gorgeous day today, so I am happy to be playing golf in short sleeves this late in November.

44/56 today hit the ball fairly well off the tee, little distance control issues in the 90-120yd range on the back plus no touch around the greens hurt the back 9 score bad. Still good to get out and play

Shot even par (28) at a little pitch and putt. Was -1 going into #9, but couldn't get up and down from bunker though. Wish I could play that well on par 3s more often.

45-50mph winds.. Score was terrible :D Somewhere around 94-95 I think, could be more.

Played matchplay, halved the first hole with a triple. I did manage to win 3&2 to a player that should be able to beat me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back