Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I could have held out for the WilsonProto info. It might just mean I bought a set of irons over the winter that get sold before I even play them.

Really itching to read more/anything about them.

I hope people don't sleep on those Wilson irons. Those things are crazy good.

Those, and the F5's. They're putting out phenomenal clubs right now.

I hope people don't sleep on those Wilson irons. Those things are crazy good.

Yes sir, evenmoreso with the graphite shafts for my delicate hands

FlyZ or Bio Cell + driver is on the ponder list.

Local club has two used ones sitting in there for a little bit of nothing.

I think the following tweaks to my bag will have me set for next year.

MD3 52 wedge.

GBB HW

While I'm good at driver and might snag a GBB or M1 head at some point, I see this club as the only one I might tinker with a little since many of the new releases are intriguing to me.

Otherwise, I think I'm in a happy place with what's in the bag.

The "irons that will not be named"? I'm debating getting a set of irons with graphite or lightweight steel, and I'm wondering if I should wait until Jan 1 to do anything...

I would wait. Even if in the end they aren't the ones that fit you best, they are absolutely worth looking into.

716 AP2 or Apex CF16...........decisions decisions.

716 AP2 or Apex CF16...........decisions decisions.

those are two quite different iron sets IMO. what are you looking to get out of them?

Ok. My last Grandaddy bag ponder before next monday. This is something ive thought about forever it seems like and i am beyond excited to see it come to life next week.

GBB
BBA 816 3w
Apex UT 21*
Apex UT 24*
Apex Pro 16 5-AW
MD3 S grind 56*
MD3 W grind 60*
Odyssey Works #7CH

How much of that am i confident will actually be in the bag? Outside of the wedges, UT and GBB im not sure. But i cant be more ready to find out

those are two quite different iron sets IMO. what are you looking to get out of them?

Yeah it's probably not combo that many people cross shop but it comes down to me sticking with something similar to what I've always played (AP2) or go with something that will give me more help (CF16). The CF16 is the first "helpful" set of irons I've come across that I don't mind looking down at, if they hadn't come out I'd be ordering the AP2's.

Ok. My last Grandaddy bag ponder before next monday. This is something ive thought about forever it seems like and i am beyond excited to see it come to life next week.

GBB
BBA 816 3w
Apex UT 21*
Apex UT 24*
Apex Pro 16 5-AW
MD3 S grind 56*
MD3 W grind 60*
Odyssey Works #7CH

How much of that am i confident will actually be in the bag? Outside of the wedges, UT and GBB im not sure. But i cant be more ready to find out

I absolutely love that ponder.

Phenomenal face, you'll like it. The 8.0 is noticeably heavier, if that matters for your decision making process.

Seeing your comments is part of why I'm considering it. Doesn't look like they make the 8 in lefty. :(

Yeah it's probably not combo that many people cross shop but it comes down to me sticking with something similar to what I've always played (AP2) or go with something that will give me more help (CF16). The CF16 is the first "helpful" set of irons I've come across that I don't mind looking down at, if they hadn't come out I'd be ordering the AP2's.

did you look at the new King cobra forged tec? I think it could be a nice compromise between the two you are looking at

I absolutely love that ponder.
I blame you and thank you both for the CH ponder lol that thing just felt great and i think of all the odyssey offerings they have the 7 is the most appealing to my eye

I blame you and thank you both for the CH ponder lol that thing just felt great and i think of all the odyssey offerings they have the 7 is the most appealing to my eye

I thought for sure the 1w would sway your decision. But both are great putters

I thought for sure the 1w would sway your decision. But both are great putters
I really live the 1W too. But for whatever reason, ive yet to gain any sort of confidence with it when it comes to judging speed. Ive messed with the weights as best as i could and lighter works better for me in this instance which is the opposite of what i would have guessed, but i dont think i "love" the MXM face.

I really live the 1W too. But for whatever reason, ive yet to gain any sort of confidence with it when it comes to judging speed. Ive messed with the weights as best as i could and lighter works better for me in this instance which is the opposite of what i would have guessed, but i dont think i "love" the MXM face.

yeah i understand that.

Last edited:

GBB
BBA 816 3w
Apex UT 21*
Apex UT 24*
Apex Pro 16 5-AW
MD3 S grind 56*
MD3 W grind 60*
Odyssey Works #7CH

I'm excited to see if you go CF or with the pros, as you seem to be going back and forth between them

Drivers... And now a travel bag. The one I had didn't fair too well the last trip.

With my last ponder scratched, I'm now pondering grips for my Burner 2's. UTX or CP2 Pro...hmmm

Budget drivers...

Bio Cell plus
Fly Z
Adamd XTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back