Kimeran

Play for fun, not anger
Reaction score
Handicap
~15-17
I thought this could be an interesting topic to talk about.

Anyone in here like watches along the lines of Omega, Rolex, Breitling, Zenith, etc.?

I have always really liked watches and really like the idea of getting one or two of these kinds of high end mechanical watches as I love the way they look, work, and how I can pass them down to my kids when I have them. One thing I would like to do is get one for myself here when I graduate but I wont have the money of course.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this? I know that watches arent a very common thing for people to wear anymore, or atleast less wear them than before as everyone just uses their phone. I for one, have always worn a watch since I was about 15 and would love to own a Breitling Navitimer, Omega Planet Ocean, or something one day.

I have a few that I really like.

This is my Tiger Woods Tag
Tag Heuer Golf Watch - The Hackers Paradise

There is another thread on here that shows my Rolex. I have a Yachtmaster II as well as a GMT Master II.

GG has a Patek.

I have a stainless Rolex Daytona right now but im keeping my eyes on the Zenith Defy El Primero Classic, the Extremes seem to, well extreme.
Spoiler
51c0lA2YY%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It going to be between that or another Rolex. Either the GMT-II or the Milgauss with the green Saphire crystal (if I can find it).

I have a stainless Rolex Daytona right now but im keeping my eyes on the Zenith Defy El Primero Classic, the Extremes seem to, well extreme.
Spoiler
51c0lA2YY%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It going to be between that or another Rolex. Either the GMT-II or the Milgauss with the green Saphire crystal (if I can find it).

That is a bute TGM. I have my eyes on this one right now.

bulgari-bulgari-womens-moon-phase-watch.jpg

They have a black band version that has less bling but the same look. That is the one I want.

That would look good with a black band but the white band is pretty bad ass.

I duct tape my cell phone to my wrist.

Have you guys seen the Zenith that goes for 90 grand. Ill take two please.
51KWU%2BEaHpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

How could I forget that I have a Franck Muller Crazy Hours.

frank+muller+crazy+hours+colour+dreams.jpg

THe hour hand jumps to the right hour, its pretty cool. Not easy to glance at and get the time though.

I think watches are nice but I just can't justify spending the kind of money some of these cost.

Yet she wears a Patek P.:confused2::bulgy-eyes:

I just have a couple citizen watches, nothing special. I keep walking by the Rolex counters and looking at a special one, but can never get myself to purchase it. My wife even bought a Rolex I was looking at for my bday one year and I had her take it back. It's kind of weird as at one time I almost dropped $25k on a watch, but changed my mind at the last minute and ever since then I can't get myself to spend more than a couple hundred on a watch. Show me a depreciating sports car though and I will drop $80k like it's pocket change. :D My last purchase was a 2003 Viper supercharged putting out 900hp. There are a couple videos of it online going down a freeway somewhere in Mexico along side a Supra going north of 180mph.

Yet she wears a Patek P.:confused2::bulgy-eyes:

It was an incredible, thoughtful gift, that I am actually too scared to wear. I think it's beautiful, don't get me wrong, just too rich for my poor blood. I am more of a window shopper.

THe hour hand jumps to the right hour, its pretty cool. Not easy to glance at and get the time though.

So what does the minute hand do?

I just have a couple citizen watches, nothing special. I keep walking by the Rolex counters and looking at a special one, but can never get myself to purchase it. My wife even bought a Rolex I was looking at for my bday one year and I had her take it back. It's kind of weird as at one time I almost dropped $25k on a watch, but changed my mind at the last minute and ever since then I can't get myself to spend more than a couple hundred on a watch. .

They are opening a Rolex store at a mall out here, you could get in some real trouble there.

sundial12.jpg

...swwweeeet...

Have you guys seen the Zenith that goes for 90 grand. Ill take two please.
51KWU%2BEaHpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Nice the more expensive one that just came out is the new Zero-G from Zenith.

I like the Open Class El Primero from Zenith.

I really like Tags as well. Especially that new V4 that runs on belts...but i also like the original Monaco i think the most...i tend to like the classic designs....

Funny thing is I have two friends with Rolex watches and it seems like they are always asking me for the time.

rolex's arent really known for keeping the most accurate time from my experience.

Nixon Watches out of Encinitas, CA.

rolex's arent really known for keeping the most accurate time from my experience.

Mine stays pretty accurate for a couple of months and then its still only off by a minute.

So what does the minute hand do?

Works the same as a regular watch.

Really? I think the Swiss ETA movement is pretty darn accurate. Mine is almost always right on the mark.

I've got champagne taste, and a beer budget.

Turns out, I'm also pretty hard on stuff.

My Fossil won't keep a battery, my Timex finally took a lickin' it can't recover from and my pocketwatch isn't waterproof it turns out.

I've had several watches on my wish list for years:

Breitling Superocean 38 (blue face, stainless bracelet) -
breitling_superocean_heritage.jpg

Doxa Sub750T (just like Dirk Pitt) -
doxa-sub750t2.gif

A Minerva from the 30's or 40's (they're the classiest watches I've ever seen) -
Minerva18ks.JPG

I'd be pretty happy with a simple Victorinox -

_5942663.jpg

Back