How Often Do You Take An "Other"?

Not in the last few years. I stopped doing it when I keep score as it doesn't give a real score at the end, of course. Some have said that at a certain hcp we don't need to put higher than 7/8 etc, but if I were to get a 10, I'd put it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year, it seemed way more than it should. During the 2nd half of the season it seemed like it was happening once a round.

Based on the last 20 rounds I've had 16 for 4.4%

I don't have the stats, but it would probably be normally once or twice a round, and almost always driven by a penalty stroke or two.

According to US handicap, about 13.7% of my scores are other. By contrast, 28.8% are par or better.

Meaning more than a double bogey. How often does this appear on the score card for you?

I learned my lesson at my first THP event that "others" are not necessary, but rather smiley faces and other strange icons.

Typically once a round, maybe twice. The bummer is, it usually happens more during my better scoring rounds

Arccording to my stat tracker less then 2% of the time

For sake of speed, I pick up at my ESC number, which is 7. So that takes par 5s out of the equation. But I am definitely good for some triples on par 4s. I will say that I very rarely go over a double on par 3s.

Less frequently than in the past, but typically at least one a round.

Maybe once or twice a round, and I don't make nearly enough birdies to even then out.

2 to 3...usually on par 4

About half a dozen times today.

If I had to guess, once a round for sure, sometimes more. Since using GameGolf to keep track this year, I've had 14 triples and 4 quads.

Prob 3x per round. Some days more.

I pick up after double, so zero.

I have 122 in 75 rounds/18 hole combos. I've put up a couple 10s this year and two of them should have been higher because I'm not hitting three tee balls off the first tee. Great way to start your day. :angry:

2 - 4 some rounds and 0 - 2 other rounds. Inconsistency is the name of my game.

Not to often thankfully, its bad enough writing doubles on the card.

Oh all the time. I keep counting until the ball drops into the hole. No use having a handicap if I don't count those.

Oh all the time. I keep counting until the ball drops into the hole. No use having a handicap if I don't count those.

You only report up to a certain amount of strokes on a hole based on your handicap. That is the purpose of ESC. So picking up at your ESC limit does not affect your handicap at all.

Probably on average once to twice a round.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

In my 20 week league this season, none!

Hopefully I can continue this years consistency into next season...

Last edited:
Back