First Amatuer Golf Tournament Since High School

Good luck buddy! Play well

Shake it off brother!!! The Golf gods will shine their light.. remember to stay focus!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well first round is done and over with. Driver was good and I hit a lot of fairways. Issues were the flat stick and irons. Just coulnd't get any GIR and seemed all my putts were a smidge short or just off a couple inches. Only lost one ball and it was on the 18th when I thought I could hit my 6 iron and be safe. But the I hit a draw and ended up in the woods. Couldn't find my ball so had to go replay it. Ended up with a 7 on the par 5. So if I can get my irons and putter down tomorrow will be all good. And hole #6 where it's all tight I freaken hit it dead center. So happy I got the ball in play from that tee. But anyways here's my scorecard from the day. And hey I wasn't in last place when I left LOL..

lick-1.jpg

Not bad man .. Not bad .. What were some of the pressures you felt ? Iron / driver / putting ? A great learning day for you , nice job

Well done Andrew. As always, you have such a great attitude. I would take a 6 on #6 any day and run to the next tee!

Not bad man .. Not bad .. What were some of the pressures you felt ? Iron / driver / putting ? A great learning day for you , nice job

Probably putting especially after I missed my second putt. Had putts that I just barely missed. But a barely missed putt its still a missed putt. Driving felt well though hit alot of fairways.

Probably putting especially after I missed my second putt. Had putts that I just barely missed. But a barely missed putt its still a missed putt. Driving felt well though hit alot of fairways.

No after this thread .. I'm so nervous for next week I can crap a brick

Thanks Brad, I am just trying to dominate that course like you do when you play it. I was so pumped after my drive on 6 knowing that I didn't go into the trees. Praying that I can do the same tomorrow.
Well done Andrew. As always, you have such a great attitude. I would take a 6 on #6 any day and run to the next tee!

I am confused, what are you saying here?
I have my tourney this next weekend .. And just reading about nerves and jitters that tourney golf causes to us amateurs has me nervous as well .. Tourney golf is a different game for real

Oh ok I hear ya there. For me I just think as another round of golf out there. Say today were suppose to be in a 3some there but guess the guy WD. But tomorrow I am going to paired with my best friend, so it will just fill like a normal round. I got him by 15 strokes today so I hope I can do the same tomorrow. You just have to go in there acting like you own the place. There are alot worse things in this world that you could be doing than hitting a little white ball. I have done some nerve racking things in life, especially with the Army. So I think that has helped me. I know I am not a great golfer so what do I really have to lose out there. I know where I am at and I know I can only improve my game. I will keep on keeping on because everyday I am on my #JourneyToBetter.
I have my tourney this next weekend .. And just reading about nerves and jitters that tourney golf causes to us amateurs has me nervous as well .. Tourney golf is a different game for real

Well done Andrew. Carding a 100 isn't bad at all for your first tournament ever.

Good luck .. And your right nothing to lose . I'm really looking forward to next weekend and getting the free burger at the turn and hot dog . The food is out of the world I heard , so that is a big plus. I'm gonna rip that up.. Rip it up

Last edited:
Well the tournament is over and that's probably a good thing. Had two days of bad golf and defiantly need to work on the game after seeing what I messed up on. Today driver was just terrible and I only hit 3 FIR. Then irons were bad to and did not have any GIR. Not having GIR is just killing me, I need to re figure my swing and get it down pat. I was either hitting it chunky or just missing the green left or right. Most of the problem was I am not a long driver so it was usually my 5 wood or hybrid trying to hit into the green. I got some work to do and I know I have to get it down. I am upset about how I played this weekend in the tournament and need to get my sh!t together. The only good thing though is that I didn't get last place. But o'well I got the tournament done and now it's onto better and greener pastures. But here's my scorecard from today.

lick4.jpg

Congrats on getting the first tournament under your belt! Two quick things, I noticed all but one of your fairway misses were to the right, if you get that figured out let me know how. Secondly, with no GIR I think your putts number is a little high, you might be due for some short game work. Let us know about the next tourney you are in.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gir. Short hitting mid handicappers like us tend to miss a lot of gir. Throw in the longer course you were playing, and it makes it that much tougher.
I know for me my best rounds happen when my chipping is on and I can overcome the missed gir's.

Thanks man. I'm glad I got that out of the way and got that experience. Was never nervous, just frustrated with my game. And the short game work had started tonight. Started reading Dave Pelz short game Bible. Gonna learn how to do it right, so I can practice correctly. Hopefully I can get a lesson in this week.
Congrats on getting the first tournament under your belt! Two quick things, I noticed all but one of your fairway misses were to the right, if you get that figured out let me know how. Secondly, with no GIR I think your putts number is a little high, you might be due for some short game work. Let us know about the next tourney you are in.

Yeah the course is long for me, especially when my driver isn't working and I'm not hitting 240 250. And I didn't really chip much today, because if I did I would have done better. My chipping is good but my putting and pitching need alot of work.
I wouldn't worry too much about the gir. Short hitting mid handicappers like us tend to miss a lot of gir. Throw in the longer course you were playing, and it makes it that much tougher.
I know for me my best rounds happen when my chipping is on and I can overcome the missed gir's.

Back