Hopkins Wedge Review - Live Update Thread

Thanks for the pics and updates fellas.

Missed 1st green on right side just so I could use the Hopkins wedge.

u8ugezyg.jpg

2 putt for bogey

Good news and bad news for the first group out.

Bad news; None of us hit the green on the first hole.

Good news; we all got to test out the wedges on our 3rd shot. Wake put it to a few feet for a nice up and down par!

Nice up and down par on the 1st with the 60 wide. This could be a very nice greennside club for me.

First chip in with the Hopkins wedge. I'll take that 3 all day (let's not talk about the second shot)

3rd from 50 out, 9 feet from the pin with the channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are crushing it. Some solid numbers from those wedges!

Great stuff guys. War Eagle with a phenomenal job capturing it.
Keep the updates coming. Love hearing how the wedges are working for people.

War Eagle just had a nice up and down par, stuck the 60 to 5 feet.

Interesting wedge. Flubbed the first, chipped in the second.

Great job with the updates so far guys. The wedges look phenomenal

I'm very jealous of this, especially being only an hour away... enjoy all, looks really cool

behumate.jpg

Center face contact, checked up nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Good stuff guys. With 8 of you, the updates can start flying in.

Was a wedge off on #5. war, wake and myself leaving short and left to an elevated green

apetytyt.jpg

ana2uhu6.jpg

Playing the channel grind in the Hopkins is quite nice. Being able to open the face up as much as I want to hit to a short sided pin has been quite helpful and has saved me on more than one occasion this far.

Hole #6, par 4. It's a beauty!

e9ymu3ym.jpg

Course is playing hard. Wind is blowing and greens rolling 10+.

Easy shot in to the green here. Just don't miss left, right or long!

rudypu4y.jpg

We had a glop shop shoot out on the 5th, War and I gave ourselves nice shots to save par but missed the putts.

Pulled an up hill 15 yard shot but the club is behaving nicely.

Wake looking at a uphill 113 yard shot here. Not too easy.

y2ydynyq.jpg

Hopkins Wedge Review - Live Update Thread

Had a chip shot on 6 w the Hopkins. Hit it well, bad judgment distance wise and two putt ensued.

My approach shot was from 140, and I lost it a bit to the right pin high.

vagurese.jpg

TypicAlly here I would play a 54 and let it land short and roll. However, I am in some slight rough and take the Hopkins 60* and play it front of my stance to get se air under it. I'm seeing great spin so the thought process was to elevate it a touch and allow it to land and bit.

Result;

asuge5yh.jpg

Left it just in front right of the pin for an easy tap in putt.

The channel grind is new to me, and I am seeing a good hit of relief on the leading edge, allowing me to get through on my touch shots and get the ball off the ground quite easy. Not struggling with catching it chunky, just getting the ball of the lie and traveling to the hole.

Manipulating the ball position in my stance has been what I have worked on so far from the range to the course. Placing it in front and opening the face up has been quite easy as this grind really allows me to lay the club nearly flat and control my distance based off my shot trajectory. Placing it slightly in the back of my stance and keeping it a bit lower has allowed me to get the ball up and down and rolling toward the hole.

This grind has made a 60* more versatile than any wedge I have played in comparable lofts.

Thru 6 holes, I am impressed with what the Hopkins with channel grind has to offer.

Par 3, #7, such a beauty!

umu4uta8.jpg

Back