Cell phones: Telephone?

Ive had it about a year and thus far its working OK. It doesnt drop calls and doesnt really act up.
My brother has a Razr that is about 2 years old and his acts up all the time. It drops calls a lot and when he talks into his phone, he can hear himself talk though the phone.
Ive heard the Razr horror stories too, but mine has been OK thus far.

OK, well good luck.

I'm pretty sure the ones I'm thinking of are older than a year. In fact, I'm positive...I've been in Texas for a year and out of touch with those friends. :cowboy:

Yeah, thanks. Like I said, Ive had good luck with mine and I work with some people who have the newer Razrs and they havent had problems either, so Im not too worried about it.

I would agree Scooter, I am just curious what else can be added except for speed.

Think about what you could do if you had an integrated projector (or a couple of them). http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

In the video, this guy is wearing the projector/camera, but imagine if you could have one projector throwing a screen image up on a wall, then another projector/camera combo projecting a keyboard for you to type on? Bingo, your smartphone is your computer. One of the guys who works for me sent me this video, and we immediately came up with about 10 uses for this kind of technology for some of our clients. Someone has got to be working on integrating this into smartphones.

Another thing I'm hearing about is devices that will actually change their form factor (grow/shrink) depending upon the function they are performing. A different direction, but equally nifty.

I bought my phone to use it as a phone. Bluetooth, texting and all that other stuff are things that I dont really ever use.
The only time I ever have really used my phone for texting was when I had girlfriends who used to text me all the time.
The last thing I need is a phone that would allow me to access the internet even more than I already do. If I had access to that at work, Id probably be here on THP all the time and then I REALLY wouldnt get anything done!
My cell phone contract is up in February of '10 and when that time comes, Im probably going to go back to a prepaid cell phone. I mostly just have my phone for emergency use (such as if I break down on the side of the road or if someone needs to contact me in the case of an emergency).
I have 400 minutes a month on my phone plan and Id say I dont use much over 100 minutes. Spending $60 a month for something I dont really use all that much is kind of a waste, IMO.

I have been reading the Smart Phone thread and don't want to go off topic in it so . . .

I got my cell phone for the phone capabilities! I picked a phone that had long battery life, good signal reception, a loud ringer, good call quality (both ends) and bluetooth (so when I am in my car I can use my hands-free feature on my TomTom). It has a camera but it did not figure into my decision. I have used the camera but do not rely on it because I have a very good digital camera. I rarely (actually never) come upon a situation where I have to take a picture with my cell phone but have done so just because the phone has the capability. If I am out and about I don't need any web capabilities and if I am out of town I always have my laptop. I have a text plan where I get 300 messages a month but might only use 50 in a busy month. I have yet to run over on my texts and I have been with this company for ten years!

Does anyone else have a cell phone mainly for the phone part of the device?

Just thought I would bump this and say that as of November or so last year, I stopped using my phone as a phone! My wife finally joined the club a month ago.

Epic bump but I too use my phone as a mini computer much more than as a phone. Text, emails and internet are the primary uses now.

Phone only. there is enough enough spying on the internet as it is, without having the extra cost of stuff I that just dont need.
Ironic I guess, having worked for about 12 years at Ericsson, NEC and Nokia.

I only send about 100 texts a month and use data for GPS map and of course checking out THP. But yeah, I mainly got it for the phone function. everything else is a plus.
I got the iPhone 4s this year for Free when I renewed my contract with Verizon.

I use my phone for everything now. GPS, music, email, THP of course, texting, phone calls very rarely haha. Also camera I could go on and on but basically it has replaced numerous devices in a nice neat little package.

Livin in the stone age for this guy track phone $20.00 for 60 min every 90 days only use for emergency's and every now and then.I actully have 30 or min. left at the end of 3 months alot of the time so i guess i wont be needing the latest i phone, android what ever any time soon .Seems every one has them but me hahaha....:call-me:call me maybe

I barely even use mine as a phone. 18 minutes used last month.

text messaging is another thing. Don't even have data on my phone lol

Back