Hardcore hobbies?

Nice Dyna! Gotta love the 80 spokes! If I do the bobber I'm going colored rims, might even go for a pseudo suicide clutch, had the "vision" for a few years now.

Also have my R1 & the wifes Kawasaki Ninja EX250R.
Funny how with the Harley it used to be great to ride cross country, have ridden it out to Sturgis, down to S.Carolina & up the east coast into Canada, etc.

But since modding it, the darn thing is a lot more uncomfortable & is better suited as a bar hopper now. Little over 70,000 miles on it & still going strong.

It will definitely hurt when it ends, trust me. My senior year of high school, I was caught and pinned by a kid I had beaten 11-2 earlier in the year. This was the match to go to the state tournament. That crushed me, and I think I even cried.

The same year, our lacrosse team, ranked in the top ten in the state, was beaten in the first round of the playoffs by a big rival 8-6. One player on their team scored 7 goals.

Those things hurt. You play intramurals in college, and that doesn't really do it. Then a couple of years pass, and you turn into a fat weekend warrior and, over some beers, discuss how awesome it was back in the day with your friends.

PROcrastinating

For me it's motorcycles and technology. I'm just finishing up my Masters in Educational Technology so that takes up a lot of my time and money.
6061HPIM2435.jpg
Thats one of the newer Yamaha V-Maxs, isnt it? I love Yamahas. :D Be it a V-Star, Road Star, R1/R6 or FZ1/FZ6; it doesnt get any better than a Yamaha.
Ive always wanted a streetbike, but I know how I ride snowmobiles, ATVs and dirtbikes and if I had a streetbike they would most likely be scraping me (or whats left of me anyways) off the pavement sooner or later.
I'll stick to the snowmobile for now. Cheating death 3 months out of the year is enough.

Thats one of the newer Yamaha V-Maxs, isnt it? I love Yamahas. :D Be it a V-Star, Road Star, R1/R6 or FZ1/FZ6; it doesnt get any better than a Yamaha.
Ive always wanted a streetbike, but I know how I ride snowmobiles, ATVs and dirtbikes and if I had a streetbike they would most likely be scraping me (or whats left of me anyways) off the pavement sooner or later.
I'll stick to the snowmobile for now. Cheating death 3 months out of the year is enough.

Nope Paul was right it's a Z1000 (that's pronounced ZED1000 by us Canucks). Not a bad ride but it encourages you to be bad. I'm thinking about trading it for a sport touring bike like a VStrom 650 or 1000. I just have to figure out how to strap the clubs to it then.I've had a few Yamaha's though,
R6,
04-R6002.jpg

RZ350,
HPIM1022.jpg

YSR80.
HPIM1015a.jpg

RZ350......aint that a 2 stroker?

thought they were illegal in the USA? - I've had a number of small cc 2 stroke bikes, great fun.

thought they were illegal in the USA? - I've had a number of small cc 2 stroke bikes, great fun.

I think the 2 stroke law was Grandfathered in, brand new 2 strokes are getting harder and harder to find here now.

I still wish I would have bought the RZ350 that I found, it was a long time ago. I had never seen one on the street and haven't to this day. I screwed the pooch on that one.

I think the 2 stroke law was Grandfathered in, brand new 2 strokes are getting harder and harder to find here now.

Not too sure about the States but in Canada you can still get them. The last bike, the YSR80, is also a 2 stroke.

I still wish I would have bought the RZ350 that I found, it was a long time ago. I had never seen one on the street and haven't to this day. I screwed the pooch on that one.

This RZ was mint! It's unfortunate that I gave it to my fiance who then became my ex-fiance! Everything worked on that bike and the top of the engine still had the original torque marks. I had bought the bike to race in the RZ Cup series here in BC but it was too nice of a bike.

Yup.

They are, but all they can do is say that a bike made after a certain cant be sold for use on the street.
Anyone who has a RZ350 can ride it on the street all they want.
Great bike BTW. Yamaha also used that 350 engine in the Banshee ATV and those things are insane.

Yamaha also used that 350 engine in the Banshee ATV and those things are insane.

I used to have one of those but yeah after a concussion and a 3-day coma for some reason my dad did not want to give it back to me. (This was years ago).

I used to have one of those but yeah after a concussion and a 3-day coma for some reason my dad did not want to give it back to me. (This was years ago).

LOL...I hear ya. I used to have a Yamaha YFZ 450 and its a miracle I didnt kill myself on that thing.
I had many times on that thing where I was flying through the air or sliding sideways into a corner thinking to myself, "Im gonna die, Im gonna die, Im gonna die!" :D

Pics...'nuff said...
Picture024.jpg

flhrci.jpg

That doesn't look much like a "scooter"

Pics...'nuff said...
Picture024.jpg

flhrci.jpg
Cool. Ive never really been much into Harleys. Ive got a few friends that have them (one has a Sportster 1200R, the other has the Springer Softtail and another has a Road King) and Ive ridden them from time to time and they dont do much for me.
Id love to have a Buell, but Im not too crazy about Harleys. To me, they all look the same and 60 hp isnt enough to get me excitied.
I like the paint on the top one though. Flames are cool.

A virus in my golf swing forced me into bowling years ago. I got really into it until i tore a ligament in my middle finger. Doctor said I had to rest for 6 months then back to golf but virus still there. Back to bowling and 2 months later tore the ligament again. Now opted to wait the whole year and back to golf again.

Strangely I was watching the PBA Denny's Classic when a pro bowler had the same injury and his doctor told him that playing golf will help rehabilitate his injury much faster and make it stronger.

At the time I was averaging 207 and my high game was 278...bowling of course :D

Wow Monty, I guess your the real THP bowling champ. I got my average up to the 190s when I was younger, but that was years ago. I think the only time I hit the 270s was in a no tap tourney.

Im a computer geek...always trying to learn something new everyday. I have a very unhealthy addiction to high-end audio. I love european cars and modifying them. My music collection is definitely going beyond a hobby and into a sickness. Cd's and vinyl used to be bad enough. But now I find myself running out of hard drive space all too easily. Uncompressed audio takes up alot of space! Im an avid beer connoisseur and am learning more about wine (red only please). I an ex-chef so I also love to tear it up in the kitchen and outside on the grille.

The only hobbies I take seriously other than golf is bowling and my actual real work which is computers so I guess the answer is bowling.

I actually took a long time off of bowling and used to be semi-competitive in high school/early college. I just started picking up the balls again though and am starting to get back into it.

Practice Session
[YOUTUBE]d9aaP5uXxqc[/YOUTUBE]

Sunday Night League
[YOUTUBE]gLnhQDM3Flc[/YOUTUBE]

Pottery

Scooter and Dynarider,

I also have the Harley disease. :D Mine is an 02 Fatboy with 87,000 on it. Did the 95" kit with SE204 cams, V&H pipes, yada, yada. Its getting a little tired right now and looking at doing the S&S 116" kit next year. 112hp and 120tq sounds like a lot of fun.

Dutch

Scooter and Dynarider,

I also have the Harley disease. :D Mine is an 02 Fatboy with 87,000 on it. Did the 95" kit with SE204 cams, V&H pipes, yada, yada. Its getting a little tired right now and looking at doing the S&S 116" kit next year. 112hp and 120tq sounds like a lot of fun.

Dutch

Mines still an 80" but have pipes, cam & a mikuni carb on it. Runs pretty good for what it is. Going to have to tear it down at some point & replace a base gasket which is starting to weep a bit.

Ok for you Harley Boys:
Heres pics of mine..well dont have a pic of the RK. There not in any order but the Lowrider before & after I chopped it. before has the Ex on it. lol. Traded the "chopper" with a bud in Ok for this 82 Shovel FXE
bikes pictures by bldog - Photobucket

Back