US Women's Open (spoilers)

Na Yeon Choi is +2 through 6 holes this morning.

Morgan Pressel is -2 through 5.

Cute little Jessica Korda is +5 today. :sad:

I too love the pictures and appreciate it so much.

I love Yani's bag!

I love Yani's caddy! :D Seriously, I saw her up close at the McD's and thought she was a very cool customer. I believe she also was featured in Yani's house tour video, playing pool with Yani.

Suzann starting out strong today and is back in the hunt.

She just bogeyed to drop a stroke. Still in striking distance.

Crazy high scores today, and an awful lot of withdrawals--many from players who finished yesterday at +6 or +7, which isn't all that bad, and who wouldn't normally withdraw even with a truly lousy score.

Are there rumblings of unfairness?

It is funny you say that Claire. After practice rounds most of the women said the same thing "tough, but fair". After the round and some high numbers, there were a few grumblings according to our LPGA source that they felt the course was playing unfair. No notable names though.

CK just eagled #1 to jump into T4.

aaaaaaaaand she double bogied #2 to go back to even par for the day and T9.

Last edited:
Helen Alfredsson and Pat Hurst and Minea Blomqvist all withdrew because of "rib injury". Wow that is crazy.

Helen Alfredsson and Pat Hurst and Minea Blomqvist all withdrew because of "rib injury". Wow that is crazy.

Alfredsson's on the board. I suspect she's busy.

Edit: Looks like KC just bogied, to drop to even.

And editing can be done after the fact to make it appear as though you got to it before someone else

Except we know the truth. Even if I do have JB wondering about the Knights of Columbus.

Sympathy pains??? :confused2:

I was thinking Pat Hurst's baby was kicking...She is pregnant right?

I know I know, Im the jerk.

Maybe we are misinterpreting.

Maybe they all went out to a BBQ dinner together last night and overate.

07bbq600.1.jpg

Looks like Ochoa just dropped back.

Watching the coverage, I still think they are struggling to figure out the greens. It seems that most are just too timid on them and are leaving the putts short. As the weekend approaches, they will figure them out.

We were just told that the greens are rolling between 11 and 12 on the stimpmeter. Very fast.

Soxy asked about a comparison. Augusta rolls between 12-15. Anything above 10 is quite fast.

The memorial this year had greens at about 12.5 according to the PGA.

Interesting statistic. 156 players in the field. 78 are foreign. 36 of those are from South Korea.

I love the US Womens Open. It may be my favorite tournament of the year male or female.

Does anybody else hope Christie Kerr trips and falls? I mean literally? No? Im the jerk.

Back