• Baseball grip

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How about this grip?

albert_crews.JPG

I think that would fall in the category of "other". :D

I've seen a fella at the range a couple of times that grips like that. He's a huge hitter (bounces the ball off the back net @ 325 yards) and a really tall guy (~6'8" I'd guess)

I've never seen anyone else use that grip before him, I thought he was one-of-a-kind.

How about this grip?

albert_crews.JPG

Wow...thats one Ive never seen before. It kinda reminds me of the cross-handed putting grip. :confused2: If it works, I say go for it.

Interlocking for me - although I haven't tried any others, might have a go next time I'm at the range.
:smile:

GG, there is no harm is giving the 10-finger/baseball grip a try. Who knows, you may have one of those, "eureka!!" moments and find that it helps your game.
Theres lots of different ways to hit a golfball and no matter what anyone says, only you know what works best for you.
No offense intended, DD, I just felt this needed to be said. :confused2:

there was a communication error... I was under the impression people were talking about this.

25021011.JPG

Wow...thats one Ive never seen before. It kinda reminds me of the cross-handed putting grip. :confused2: If it works, I say go for it.

How about this grip?

albert_crews.JPG

Hurling legend from Kilkenny, Ireland, DJ Carey, plays golf left hand low because he is so used to holding a hurley that way. I believe he plays off a scratch...

_924505_dj1_300.jpg

there was a communication error... I was under the impression people were talking about this.

25021011.JPG

Yes, that is the 10 finger/baseball grip.

golf-grips-tips-tricks1.jpg

I was messing around over the weekend trying a few different swings. I think I'm going to try the interlocking grip and see what happens.

Very true, Gummi, thank you. I would suppose that's how it works.

I have a grip related question for everyone - who uses an active bottom hand (usually right) thumb? I'm so used to pointing both my thumbs down to the club head the same way. I wouldn't say I'm putting any strength in it, but it helps guide the club, right?

_38104688_basic_grip_intro.gif

Similar to mine

Josh was showing me that he sort of wraps his thumb around the club, completely inactive. He says the right hand is "just along for the ride." I tried that, and I hit about a dozen shots straight across the ground, zero height. He said it might just take getting used to.

acu100.jpg

Similar to Josh's

I have never heard any of this, ever. Does it even matter? Any opinions?

I'm probably not qualified to answer, but the pro I was working with at our first lesson noticed that I had my right thumb resting on top of the shaft. He had me wrap it around the club, said it would provide better control. That was the only grip change he wanted me to make.

I'm probably not qualified to answer, but the pro I was working with at our first lesson noticed that I had my right thumb resting on top of the shaft. He had me wrap it around the club, said it would provide better control. That was the only grip change he wanted me to make.

Huh, that's what he was talking about. I wish he'd felt like mentioning this a year ago, before I started playing a few hours a week!

amollerud can probably answer exactly why one should do this and if it works

amollerud can probably answer exactly why one should do this and if it works

Cool, I hope he does. I'm also wondering if my "grounders" were related to it.

What do you do, JB?

I interlock. Light grip and really have trouble with anything else. I would drop the question into his section and see his thoughts.

I interlock. Light grip and really have trouble with anything else. I would drop the question into his section and see his thoughts.

But do you do anything with your right thumb?

Straight down is where mine is.

I use a interlocking neutral grip.

Could be a future THP TV episode on grip.

Very possible Farmer

Straight down is where mine is.

thats interesting. i use the same grip, but my right thumb is pointed more at an angle to the left or kind of wrapped around it. the crease between my right thumb and right index finger creates a V that points up towards my right ear

Tried em all but my tired old arthritic fingers seem to favor the baseball grip.I started as a young man using the interlock though.

thats interesting. i use the same grip, but my right thumb is pointed more at an angle to the left or kind of wrapped around it. the crease between my right thumb and right index finger creates a V that points up towards my right ear

That's the way I was always told too

Interlock, it feel the best for me. But on any wedge shots except for full swings I use a baseball grip, I feel it helps me manipulate the club head better in order to obtain the shot I want.

I thought I was overlapping but after the illustration I'm a baseball grip. I might try overlapping tomorrow though.

Back