JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you eat at the course? Does your course have a full restaurant? What do you get and is it very good? We are really pleased with our grill room. The sandwiches and salads are extremely good. And although they do not stay open for dinner for half the year, we can still get great food up until about 6pm. We noticed the other day while eating there just how INEXPENSIVE it is. That makes us even more happy.

The best three things on their menu to me are the Cajun Burger, Buffalo Chicken Wrap, and Wings. They have great wings.

At my old club they have a full restaurant, a lower tiered section for Juniors, and then an upper restaurant for Adults, and then a full out deck above the 1st tee box.

The best meal was a huge platter, 3 ribs, plate of fries and 3 chicken fingers. The ribs would just fall off the bone. Unfortunatly the place got new chefs who don't make the ribs as good.

At my old club they have a full restaurant, a lower tiered section for Juniors, and then an upper restaurant for Adults, and then a full out deck above the 1st tee box.

The best meal was a huge platter, 3 ribs, plate of fries and 3 chicken fingers. The ribs would just fall off the bone. Unfortunatly the place got new chefs who don't make the ribs as good.

Sounds good Dent.

The course I play most often (a muni) only has hot dogs and some sausages. Maybe hamburgers. For the most part the food is good.

I try not to eat at the course for some reason, but there are a few things that are too good to pass up. A sausage breakfast sandwich at one and the hot dogs at TPC have to be hands down one of my top 5 best hot dogs. There is a brunch at a course by me that is really good too.

I usually have one of those supplementary bars and a hot dog (unless it's an early morning round) before my round, and then pick up a hot dog and gatorade at the turn.

My home course has a full restaurant, I don't eat there much as it's too expensive for me, but their burgers are okay.

All depends on the course, some have nothing more than maybe a Bratwurst or possibly even nachos. Whereas Trappers Turn has a 5 star restaurant & their food is delicious.

I would guess that I eat at the course about 50% of the time.

• Admin
I do love Nachos....ummmmm

its pretty expensive here for what you get... hot dog and a gatorade for 6-7 bucks

so, I usually pack a PB and J

All depends on the course, some have nothing more than maybe a Bratwurst or possibly even nachos. Whereas Trappers Turn has a 5 star restaurant & their food is delicious.

I would guess that I eat at the course about 50% of the time.

Oh man. Now I want a Brat!

Spoiler
Or at least I did until I did a Google image search to try to find a picture of a yummy looking Brat Dog.

Bratwurst.jpg
Bratwurst-712613.JPG
bratwurst-spargel.jpg

EDIT:

Spoiler
okay, found one:

IMG_0010-1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

That would probably be good if you didn't put that nasty sauerkraut on it!

I do love Nachos....ummmmm

The Nachos at Trappers Turn are gourmet style, they have peppers, slices of chicken, etc. The bowl looks so good it's almost a shame to eat them.

That would probably be good if you didn't put that nasty sauerkraut on it!

I don't eat them with saurkaraut either, just some sort of spicy brown mustard works for me.

Sauerkraut on a dog or bratwurst is great, guess you had to grow up with it, being "slovak" as my nationality I'm used to stuff like garlic, fresh horseradish (that will kill ya) and sauerkraut.

Fine dining for me.I usually get a polish sausage with onions and ketchup.

what's wrong with ketchup... I put that crap on everything!

I have no problem with ketchup, I just know that Harry has some issues with it.:D

I don't eat many brats or sausage... in fact, I am sure there are a lot of different types I have never tried or even heard of.

I am a massive fan of a 100% all beef dog... Nathans or whatever. Ketchup and spicy brown mustard, sometimes a slice of American cheese.

My club has a full restaurant. They have buffets and a'la cart items. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They serve anything that you can think of from cooked items to cold cuts. There are covered balconies that surround the entire clubhouse. Located on each balcony is a full wet bar, great party place.

My club has a full restaurant. They have buffets and a'la cart items. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They serve anything that you can think of from cooked items to cold cuts. There are covered balconies that surround the entire clubhouse. Located on each balcony is a full wet bar, great party place.

sounds awesome... my "club" has machines that eat your dollars. It's not a party place...

One of the courses I play has Pickled Eggs, two before I start and then two more the turn. Then after a Brat with kraut!

Your killing me DD!

I know... You have no idea how much I'd love to belong to a club with a strong member base, beautiful club house, bag drop, bag shed etc etc etc

I know... You have no idea how much I'd love to belong to a club with a strong member base, beautiful club house, bag drop, bag shed etc etc etc

Initiation fee somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000; food and beverage minimums; extra fees anytime an employees smiles and calls you by name...

Not down here Claire. In FL almost every private club has exactly what he is looking for. Fees are much less.

Initiation fee somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000; food and beverage minimums; extra fees anytime an employees smiles and calls you by name...

ahh... New England and the Atlantic states

hey, a man has to dream right?

Back