Where oh where has Pinged been???

Photos for those with strong stomachs...

Photos for those with strong stomachs...

Yes... the subdural hematomas were on either side of the skull BENEATH the skull itself- pressing and compressing the brain until I became increasingly unable to walk, type, write, etc. I DID tell the guy about the fall a month earlier but that went over his head- or perhaps through the holes in his head! :bulgy-eyes:

The "real docs" said I was at substantial risk of a full-on stroke if/when some of the blood broke loose and obstructed an artery- or for a full on cerebral hemorrhage (sp?) if the hematoma ruptured and leaked directly into the brain itself. Either would have had catastrophic, potentially fatal results. At the very least months of physical therapy in a rehab hospital just to get up and out of a walker again.

Now that PROBABLY couldn't have hurt my golf scores that much, but it would sure ruin an otherwise lovely walk on the fairways! :clown:

My goal is to get out and onto the course before month's end. I go back to the neurosurgeon's office on Tuesday for follow-up, stitch removal, etc. I DID buy myself a birthday present this week: An Adams Dixx Blu putting analyzer. BTW- Anybody know WHO in their RIGHT MIND would name a golf product "Dixx Blu"???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmViy8mcEXg

I'm using one particular blog as simply a lazy-man's photo display location if you're interested. I look pretty gnarly having not shaved in 5 or 6 days because I either couldn't hold a razor, or was in the hospital after surgery. (Since then, I've shaved the sides below the scars to make a full-blown mohawk and I'm planning on dying the mohawk and the goatee Barney-the-Dinosaur purple today or tomorrow. :banana: Might as well REALLY make people stare- right?

The first two photos are my pathetic head. The next several were taken south of Denver last weekend for my youngest grandaughter's birthday. That's where I got to play golf in 60* weather at 6900 feet of altitude!

If you scroll down onto the next page labeled "Older Posts" you'll see the snow we had during a month-long Michigan visit back in Dec/Jan- 150" or something this winter. It warmed up to about 45* and rained hard overnight near the end of that visit. The snow almost entirely melted but then refroze the morning we were to return to Kansas City. I took the Christmas tree stand and snow shovel out to put away in the storage building and *WHAM*- went straight up and came straight down on glare ice over asphalt dead-center (almost literally) of the back of my head.

Tragically, a buddy's dad slipped on ice last week while going to get the mail in Michigan. They took him off of life-support yesterday. These kinds of falls are serious indeed. I ride a Harley, ride horses- all kinds of stupid risky behaviors but I've never experienced an injury remotely like this one from just walking outside.

BTW- "Boompa" is what my five grandkids call me. And yes, thats my beautifl wife of 38 years in the next phtos.

OK- here's the photo link...

http://lifewithboompa.blogspot.com/

Wow.....close call!

Glad you came through!

some bad A scares there brother... glad it all worked out for you!

Glad to hear you are doing well Welcome back!!!!!

Woah, scary situation Pinged! Glad you were able to catch it before permanent damage occurred, and especially glad to have you back on the forums!

Any updates Pinged? How are you feeling?

Back