The poutine doesn't look very appetizing but it doesn't sound bad from the description on Wikipedia.

montreal = hockey = poutine = awesome

6105494.jpg

That looks like a heart attack in a small bowl.

What is it?
I think I can see gravy, but it could be the sauce from some beans or something...

What is it?
I think I can see gravy, but it could be the sauce from some beans or something...

its french fried, with cheddar curds and a brown gravy on it

What are cheddar curds? Sounds very appitizing though.

when they make cheese... the curds are produced at some point. I am not sure when but it's a completely normal product , sounds gross though :banana:

when they make cheese... the curds are produced at some point. I am not sure when but it's a completely normal product , sounds gross though :banana:

I wonder if that's the "English" term for Cottage Cheese. If not I'll bet it's the same process. Does sound tasty. I wonder if there is a restaurant around me that serves this? If not I might have to go visit Dent.

What are cheddar curds?

I think those come after. :arrogant:

Ive had gravy fries at a pastrami joint by my house and they are pretty good. So I assume adding cheese is better because you can never have enough cheese.

I think those come after. :arrogant:

Ive had gravy fries at a pastrami joint by my house and they are pretty good. So I assume adding cheese is better because you can never have enough cheese.[/quote]

That's what GolferGal says all the time. :clap:

Yeah thats basically it...although chips are generally the proper sized ones cut from potatos at home....we call the thin ones Fries as well, or at least i do. I think it comes from people in the USA calling crisps "potato Chips"....shortened to chips.

Just wrong in my book!

A crumpet..... No idea how they get the bubbles! I just eat em from time to time!

istockphoto_465936_toasting_crumpets.jpg

And that pic doesnt show a proper breakfast....THIS is a proper Full english:

2005_04_24_English_Breakfast_300x298.JPG

OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Paul are those three things on the side Oreos?

From my trips to Whistler, I can attest that poutine smells as bad as it looks.

LMAO - No, they aren't Oreos. That is black pudding.

Please don't ask a non red meat eater to explain black pudding. Or white pudding. Yuk. :alien: Fried breakfast is not my cup of tea, so to speak. Sits on your stomach all morning and just bloats the hell out of you, lol.

For the story of what black pudding is, look here if you're brave enough.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

Haggis in another one. Not sure which is worse to be honest.:sick:

Think I need to go and have a lie down now.

Harry:

Do You Like Cheese?

Do You Like Gravy?

Do You Like Fries?

Yes, yes, and yes.

But I also like mashed potatoes, peanut butter, and yogurt . . . just not mixed together.

haha.... blood pudding. Sacrafice the pig, lift it up.... remove its insides, then gut the thing and let the blood drain into the a pail. You take the blood and mix it with spices and barley and shove it all into the intestine. Bang, blood pudding.

haha.... blood pudding. Sacrafice the pig, lift it up.... remove its insides, then gut the thing and let the blood drain into the a pail. You take the blood and mix it with spices and barley and shove it all into the intestine. Bang, blood pudding.

So they call Blood sausage black pudding? My Grandma used to make it when we were kids.

So they call Blood sausage black pudding? My Grandma used to make it when we were kids.

yeah, its essentially the same thing... cheap pudding sucks, but the quality stuff has a lot of oatmeal and barley mixed in so it has a great, great flavor

Black pudding is Gross .... mingin. But i couldnt find a picture without it on there!

As for whoever said i eat beanie weenies....i am guessing you mean baked beans.......yes i do. Awesome source of protein and fibre and stuff. Baked beans and sausage on taost....yummy!!!!!!!

Back