What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifey saved me from microwave dinner hell and made a penne pasta, chicken, cheese, red sauce thing. It was yum. Diet lipton citrus ice tea thing for the beverage course.

Some keilbasa warmed in the microwave and slapped on a couple pieces of bread

Fun supper tonight as we are having some friends over for a Raclette.

Amongst the delicacies to be grilled will be some king prawns, mini bratwurst, some beautifully air dried Parma ham, baby new potatoes and of course Swiss raclette cheese.

Very easy to prepare and everyone gets to cook their own food at the dining table. Perfect.

Fun supper tonight as we are having some friends over for a Raclette.

Amongst the delicacies to be grilled will be some king prawns, mini bratwurst, some beautifully air dried Parma ham, baby new potatoes and of course Swiss raclette cheese.

Very easy to prepare and everyone gets to cook their own food at the dining table. Perfect.

That's like fondue, right? Impressive for a week night!

I hope you were paying attention. It would give new meaning to "a birthday cake made with Cheer."

I'm totally lost. Particularly with the capital C in Cheer--laundry detergeant?

As it happens, we're celebrating The Kid's birthday this evening, because we'll be off in a square state for the real thing. Tacos and birthday cake. He was very specfic on the cake--vanilla frosting on one layer, chocolate on the other, and spikes:

That's like fondue, right? Impressive for a week night!

As it happens, we're celebrating The Kid's birthday this evening, because we'll be off in a square state for the real thing. Tacos and birthday cake. He was very specfic on the cake--vanilla frosting on one layer, chocolate on the other, and spikes:

I am very impressed Claire, I wish I could do that. My baking skills leave a lot to be desired.

Oh good grief. Have you gotten so used to sending your man-servant to the grocery store for you that you don't recognize one of the biggest selling laundry detergents which has TV commercials on round-the-clock?

LPGC1682.JPG

It's only been around longer than both of us have been alive. "All Tempa-Cheer" ring a bell?

had a nice hot italian sausage sub with peppers, onions and bbq sauce... threw in some cape cod chips and a DC and I was golden

I like the demand for spikes on cake. If you're going to enjoy eating cake, you first have to suffer through the spikes.

thats cool you made your son a cake... homemade things are always better than something someone else made

I am very impressed Claire, I wish I could do that. My baking skills leave a lot to be desired.

Betty and I do well together.

I like the demand for spikes on cake. If you're going to enjoy eating cake, you first have to suffer through the spikes.

Oh c'mon--chocolate and white chocolate chips.

Oh good grief. Have you gotten so used to sending your man-servant to the grocery store for you that you don't recognize one of the biggest selling laundry detergents which has TV commercials on round-the-clock?

It's only been around longer than both of us have been alive. "All Tempa-Cheer" ring a bell?

Harry, you must be in some sleep deprivation induced rant here. Yes, I recognize the detergeant. I said that the first time. What I don't get is any reference to using it in birthday cake (no one had mentioned cake that that point) and to what I was not paying attention.

That's like fondue, right? Impressive for a week night!:

No big deal, it's easy to prepare. The fact that it's a week night isn't too important and we tend to eat later and go to bed later here.

I remember when I first lived in the States, you guys ate in the afternoon and went to bed at supper time! lol
:D

Harry, you must be in some sleep deprivation induced rant here. Yes, I recognize the detergeant. I said that the first time. What I don't get is any reference to using it in birthday cake (no one had mentioned cake that that point) and to what I was not paying attention.

Where did you say that you recognize the detergent (and why the repeated use of the French spelling)?

As for the "no one had mentioned cake" yet:

But I baked The Kds's birthday cake and did two loads of laundry at the same time.

Now who is suffering from sleep deprivation?

Where did you say that you recognize the detergent (and why the repeated use of the French spelling)?

As for the "no one had mentioned cake" yet:

Now who is suffering from sleep deprivation?

Detergeant is the only way I've ever spelled it. Luckily no confusion between the liquid stuff and the cake mix. You got me on the rest of it--I was zipping through posts too quickly and confused doing the laundry with more interesting acitivities.

Thnking about having a couple vicodins for supper.

Tonight we are going to Bostons a local favorite of ours. Atleast for chain restaurants that is. amollerud and his better half are joining GG and i and we will be discussing our next episodes of THP TV coming up this week.

I am being way too nice to Hubby. True WASP that he is, he loves that whole gloppy chicken-rice-cream-of-mushroom-soup bake. So that's dinner tonight, though healthier and tastier than his mother ever made it. Plus broccoli or something and maybe breadsticks. And leftover spiky birthday cake.

I am being way too nice to Hubby. True WASP that he is, he loves that whole gloppy chicken-rice-cream-of-mushroom-soup bake. So that's dinner tonight, though healthier and tastier than his mother ever made it. Plus broccoli or something and maybe breadsticks. And leftover spiky birthday cake.

Man, I used to have that as a kid. The closest I get now is chicken pot pie, with my wife's healthy slant to it. I'm actually having it tonight.

Man, I used to have that as a kid. The closest I get now is chicken pot pie, with my wife's healthy slant to it. I'm actually having it tonight.

There must be a formal rule about that now. And rosemary makes it all a lot more tolerable.

Long John Silvers Fish and Chips. Maybe this should be in the U.K. thread.

Chicken parmesan sandwhich with some loaded fries from Steak Escape.

Went to Ted's Montana Grill tonight and had the bison short ribs, very good.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the dinner v-day edition.

I'm getting out of work kind of earlier than expected now. I wonder if I can still find a place to eat with the wifey.

Valentine's dinner at the club. Broiled lobster tail and fillet for the surf and turf. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back